HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: FBI Prevents Attack On JFK Airport that Could have Killed Thousands

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, and we should kick all the white people out of the country as well. Because you know, white people could wind up being like Ted Kaczynski and Tim McVeigh. We can't have that... And those damn Asian folk, shooting up campuses and all. Don't get me started on the Blacks and Hispanics, those goddamned gangbangers....

Really, it's not ignorant to say that we ought to to expel all Muslims from our borders, it's just irrational and plain stupid. Terrorism doesn't originate solely in the Middle East, and it manifests itself in people of all different colors, races and creeds. Forcing Muslim citizens to leave our country will not make us any safer; anyone who thinks it will is comically naive, I must say.

I'm glad that this plot to attack Kennedy was derailed, though by all expert accounts it was not exactly feasible and far from coming to fruition in any meaningful way. The devout Muslims make me slightly uncomfortable, though I have to admit that fanatical followers of any religion make me just as uncomfortable and seem just as dangerous to me. I wish there was a way to change people's attitudes on a global scale, as that's really the only way to curb terrorism. Even then, there are always crazy individuals out there who find enjoyment in causing others to suffer. Let's just not forget that it's not a phenomenon unique to Muslims, and the vast majority of Muslim people are peaceful and equally appalled by the actions of terrorists.
Thats where this country has gone soft since 9/11. It was not exactly feasible and coming to fruition? So lets wait until they actually blow it up before we figure things out. Proactive actions need to be taken against these animals. The fact that those thoughts were even there is good enough for me.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Lets keep this on topic, don't generalize an entire group because of what a small majority believes in (let alone kids who probably don't even know what they are talking about).

Old
06-03-2007, 09:06 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Lets keep this on topic, don't generalize an entire group because of what a small majority believes in (let alone kids who probably don't even know what they are talking about).
what do you mean by that?

Old
06-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Thats where this country has gone soft since 9/11. It was not exactly feasible and coming to fruition? So lets wait until they actually blow it up before we figure things out. Proactive actions need to be taken against these animals. The fact that those thoughts were even there is good enough for me.
id better pack the bags of 1/2 my family, since they are muslim.

nevermind the fact that most barely follow the religion, and those that do certainly are not extremists, and in fact LOVE this country every bit as much as i do.

sure, why not, lets kick em all out.

in fact, lets kick ALL brown people out.

damn it...i guess ive gotta start packing my bags too.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:10 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
id better pack the bags of 1/2 my family, since they are muslim.

nevermind the fact that most barely follow the religion, and those that do certainly are not extremists, and in fact LOVE this country every bit as much as i do.

sure, why not, lets kick em all out.

in fact, lets kick ALL brown people out.

damn it...i guess ive gotta start packing my bags too.
wait, this post says nothing about kicking anyone out. I am purely trying to say that the post I was quoting said since it was going to happen it shouldnt be a big deal. In my eyes it is a big deal because they were going to go through with it but just got caught before they could do anything.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
wait, this post says nothing about kicking anyone out. I am purely trying to say that the post I was quoting said since it was going to happen it shouldnt be a big deal. In my eyes it is a big deal because they were going to go through with it but just got caught before they could do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2835339.shtml

kick em all out. Some leftist will call me ignorant in 3...2...1...
to which you responded....
Quote:

Old
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
what do you mean by that?
It was directed toward the article and the responses that followed.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
to which you responded....

and I will explain. Anyone here caught trying to pull a terrorist act on American soil and is not a citizen of this country should be sent back to his or her country along with their families and tried there. Anyone who is an American citizen trying to carry out a terrrosist attack on Americans should be done to what they did to Timothy Mcveighe. Put him to death. So i don't mean all Muslims becase I actually have many Muslim friends, but those who do not respect this country and are willing to die for their fanatical ideas.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
and I will explain. Anyone here caught trying to pull a terrorist act on American soil and is not a citizen of this country should be sent back to his or her country along with their families and tried there. Anyone who is an American citizen trying to carry out a terrrosist attack on Americans should be done to what they did to Timothy Mcveighe. Put him to death. So i don't mean all Muslims becase I actually have many Muslim friends, but those who do not respect this country and are willing to die for their fanatical ideas.
thats fine, you hate terrorists, i hate terrorists, we definitely agree on that. i have no problems with ACTUAL terrorists being hunted down and made to pay.

what i do have a MAJOR problem with is people making blanket statements about groups of people.

for the record, ive probably been in over 100 flights in my life, dad works for an airline so i get to travel a lot. pre 9/11 i NEVER was chosen for "random security searches" where they take you off to the side and search you with a fine toothed comb. since 9/11, and were talking maybe 25 flights or so, i have yet to go on a flight where i havent suffered that embarassment.

its funny though, wasnt the guy with the "shoe bomb" a Caucasian?

Old
06-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

meh, im done with this thread.

there is a reason i never visit religion or political forums of any kind, it gets me worked up, and very angry about some of the things i read.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
That's not what I was implying, and I'm pretty sure that you know that. The comment about it not being close to fruition was a lame attempt at quelling the fear that we were seconds away from chaos. I understand that the threat was very real. Moreover, I totally agree that we need to be proactive in combating terrorism, I just take issue with people equating being proactive with deporting all citizens of the Muslim faith. It's impractical, immoral and unconstitutional. The point of my post was to remind everyone that terrorism isn't an act committed exclusively by Muslims, but rather by members of all segments of society- black, white, Muslim, Christian, rich, poor, etc...

It's just pain.
Old
06-03-2007, 09:23 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
thats fine, you hate terrorists, i hate terrorists, we definitely agree on that. i have no problems with ACTUAL terrorists being hunted down and made to pay.

what i do have a MAJOR problem with is people making blanket statements about groups of people.

for the record, ive probably been in over 100 flights in my life, dad works for an airline so i get to travel a lot. pre 9/11 i NEVER was chosen for "random security searches" where they take you off to the side and search you with a fine toothed comb. since 9/11, and were talking maybe 25 flights or so, i have yet to go on a flight where i havent suffered that embarassment.

its funny though, wasnt the guy with the "shoe bomb" a Caucasian?
I think Richard Reid was not Caucasian. But don't you understand why? Is it right? No. Is it called for? Yes.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:24 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
That is a crock of **** and a disgusting thing to say as was the other comment. Anyone who thinks that we are safe in todays day and age of radical muslims is insane.
And THIS is why I can't stand living on this island.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
And THIS is why I can't stand living on this island.
and why is that? what is wrong with that comment?

Old
06-03-2007, 09:27 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

If 9/11 was committed by a different group rather than Muslims they would eb the ones being heavy searched at airports.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Well, the added bit about "this day and age of radical Muslims" is pretty narrow-minded and ignores the crime and tragedy perpetrated by every non-Muslim. Original poster was correct, in that we are not safe in this day and age; but his post implied that this unsafeness is caused solely by "radical Muslims," which is foolish.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Well who would you say wants to hurt us more than any other group out there?

Old
06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I think Richard Reid was not Caucasian. But don't you understand why? Is it right? No. Is it called for? Yes.
He was half British, half Jamaican. He grew up in London, I believe.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Well, the added bit about "this day and age of radical Muslims" is pretty narrow-minded and ignores the crime and tragedy perpetrated by every non-Muslim. Original poster was correct, in that we are not safe in this day and age; but his post implied that this unsafeness is caused solely by "radical Muslims," which is foolish.
I understand that your saying there are terrorists in every group and you are right, but the fact that fanatical muslims hate us and want to destroy us undeniable.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Well who would you say wants to hurt us more than any other group out there?
Who hurts us more? Well, serial killers are almost exclusively white. Gangs are comprised primarily of Hispanic and African-American citizens. Muslims account for an extremely small percentage of the murders committed in America each year, so while I cannot name a specific group that "hurts us" most, I'll tell you it sure as hell isn't Muslims.

Quote:
I understand that your saying there are terrorists in every group and you are right, but the fact that fanatical muslims hate us and want to destroy us undeniable.
I certainly don't deny that there is a fraction of the Islamic population that would love nothing more than to have the West blown off the face of the earth. I accept that without question. Again, I just get frustrated when people imply (not accusing you, btw) that ridding the country of Muslims will suddenly make us safe.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:35 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Who hurts us more? Well, serial killers are almost exclusively white. Gangs are comprised primarily of Hispanic and African-American citizens. Muslims account for an extremely small percentage of the murders committed in America each year, so while I cannot name a specific group that "hurts us" most, I'll tell you it sure as hell isn't Muslims.
ok not talking about that kind of crime. I am talking about terrorism so let's not spin it here.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
ok not talking about that kind of crime. I am talking about terrorism so let's not spin it here.
Well, if we include spree killings and mass murders as terrorism (which by definition we should), then Caucasians have wreaked more havoc on the nation than any other group. The events of 9/11 obviously were the largest-scale terror attack in the history of our country, but through it's entirety Muslim terrorists have hardly been a blip on our map. I feel like we're getting sidetracked here, since I agree that currently radical Muslims pose the greatest threat to our country.

I'll add that I'm about to head out. I'm afraid when I come back tomorrow that this topic will be locked, but I hope you guys (and IslesFanatic especially) continue this. We obviously need more open dialog, and even if it's on a small scale discussions like this can only be beneficial.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:41 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

so we agree there. I say radical muslims I mean right now as of today not what group has done the most damage over time.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:41 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Shortsighted, backwards perceptions of the world and blind loyalty to a theocratic oligarchy that has no concern for its constituents. Don't get me wrong, LI has good people; I'm sure you're one. But it's very fearful and stagnant and that's what is repressing America.

Old
06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Witter

Isles fan here coming in peace boys as my dad always drives people to JFK and he could've been one of those people hurt. I don't care what anyone says we HAVE TO stop these things before they happen if any threat is issued it has to be taken serious or we'll face another attack. Thank god this plan was ruined by the FBI and there doing agreat job stopping these things and i hope it continues, no terrorist should get a free pass

Closed Thread