HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

future or Flatt, Furrer....

Old
04-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater View Post
I remember that draft well. I was hoping they were going to select TJ Hensick with their 3rd round pick because he was still available. I was scratching my head when I read Flatt's description after he was drafted. I was actually hoping they were going to take Paul Stastny with their second round pick, but they took Sauer instead. Sauer wasn't a bad pick but Stastny was just incredible for Colorado this year.
Stastny was seen as a kid who kinda dogged it at times and his attitude and demeanor came into question. I actually didn't care, always thought he inherited some of his Dad's hockey sense and wouldnt have minded drafting him in round 2.

Hensick is an offensive wiz, though alot of hockey people questioned his commitment to the defensive zone. But Dalyn Flatt? Alot of us scratched our heads on that one.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 06:47 AM
nuckfan insk

who ever said flatt was tough ? he takes a lot of dumb penalties he isnt tough or an decent fighter

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 10:51 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post
who ever said flatt was tough ? he takes a lot of dumb penalties he isnt tough or an decent fighter
sounds like a mix of dave karpa and dale purinton

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
I doubt Dale is going anywhere, him and Weller are taking Gernander's reins. As rough and tumble as the AHL can be at times, Dale is good to have down there. Plus he is a good leader and a good lockeroom guy. He was often praised by the other players during his tenure with the Rangers. You don't want to give leadership away if the player can still contribute, and in the AHL, Dale can still contribute. He was a marginal NHLer at best, but marginal NHLers can have pretty solid AHL careers.
Weller is said to be headed to Europe next season, which leaves Purinton as the obvious choice to stick around as captain.

Quote:
"It's kind of bittersweet," Weller said after his exit meeting. "I've really enjoyed my five years here, but it might be time to move on and get a chance to see the world, playing hockey."

Purinton would seem a logical choice to succeed Weller if he's re-signed. He has played nine of his 10 pro seasons in the Rangers organization, was part of the Pack's only Calder Cup title in 2000 and, with his wife and new son, has a new home in Colchester.

"I owe everything in hockey to the Rangers and would love to be captain or a player-assistant coach," Purinton said. "And I'd love to work with Kenny. I've always respected him as a player and a coach."
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...lines-wolfpack

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
TheRedressor

looks like dale is trying to set up a career after playing for himself.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
looks like dale is trying to set up a career after playing for himself.
professional hitman?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
professional hitman?

Or the next George "The Animal" Steele. I could defintly see Dale eating a turnbuckle after a good eye gouging.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post

Or the next George "The Animal" Steele. I could defintly see Dale eating a turnbuckle after a good eye gouging.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 02:54 PM
eco's bones

Dale might be back but it may be on an AHL contract like Lessard's last year. The Rangers are going to be real close on the 50 NHL contract limit depending on what they do over the summer. Purinton couldn't hope to play defense in the NHL these days.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Dale might be back but it may be on an AHL contract like Lessard's last year. The Rangers are going to be real close on the 50 NHL contract limit depending on what they do over the summer. Purinton couldn't hope to play defense in the NHL these days.
the sad part was purinton was able to play ahead the likes of petr smrek, marek zidlicky and other prospects.

Old
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
the sad part was purinton was able to play ahead the likes of petr smrek, marek zidlicky and other prospects.
I'm not a Dale fan but let's look at this logically and not blow things out of proportion.

What has Peter Smrek become? Nothing. The Rangers got him for Alexander Gusarov. That should say something. And do you know how many games Smrek played in the NHL after he left the Rangers? Zero (0). So let's not mourn the loss of Peter Smrek.

There was never a decision to play Purinton over Zidlicky. Zidlicky would not come unless he was given a one way contract. And Sather was not going to do that. So there was never a situation where the Rangers decided to play Purinton over Zidlicky.

Kill Dale all you want, but let's not create situations to kill him over.

06-01-2007, 03:44 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm not a Dale fan but let's look at this logically and not blow things out of proportion.

What has Peter Smrek become? Nothing. The Rangers got him for Alexander Gusarov. That should say something. And do you know how many games Smrek played in the NHL after he left the Rangers? Zero (0). So let's not mourn the loss of Peter Smrek.

There was never a decision to play Purinton over Zidlicky. Zidlicky would not come unless he was given a one way contract. And Sather was not going to do that. So there was never a situation where the Rangers decided to play Purinton over Zidlicky.

Kill Dale all you want, but let's not create situations to kill him over.
I'm still ticked Dale took ice time away from Pat Aufiero and Tomi Kollarsson.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:39 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Don't mess with DP. Do I have to get JR in here so that we can rekindle the debate?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Tomi Kallarsson..?! He's playing for Padawan's favourite team, JyP now.

I could see Dale becoming a coach of some sort. Let's not forget that this was a guy we were all pulling for at one point. He had zero talent, zero, and got his time in the NHL via hard work and really studying the game of hockey, as well as realising that if he wasn't pounding people's faces, he wasn't playing. Now he never was able to read a play consistently well, or make up for his complete lack of skating ability, but he earned his shot in the NHL above a lot of players who had more talent but less desire.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Flatt was a bust from the second we drafted him. Complete waste of a 3rd round pick. Maloney told his scouts to give him the toughest SOB left, and they took Flatt. It's a shame they went for toughness and not actual hockey ability.
Couldn't agree more...was really disappointed with this pick

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2007, 11:46 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Couldn't agree more...was really disappointed with this pick
maybe its a good thing that Maloney went to the Yotes.