HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Save The Preds Rally NOT june 16th!!

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
rangerjoe

vCash: 500
Save The Preds Rally NOT june 16th!!

Anyone who lives in Nashville that gives an ounce of cr@p about this team has to show up and support this city and team.

Pass this along to as many people as you can!

RangerJoe

Last edited by rangerjoe: 06-30-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

if there aren't ticket reps there, it's meaningless. it's not like a rally will melt the ice around balsillie's heart, and in cinematic fashion, he'll realize just how important the team is to the city.

Old
06-04-2007, 03:41 PM
rangerjoe

it's to show the city, especially the corporate world, that the fans are passionate about this team and city...ticket reps being present wouldn't do a thing...

As fans, buying tickets is a no-brainer as a sign of support, especially when it's been publicized that they just fell short of the 14,000 number.

Old
06-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Nashville108*

i thought this one wasn't happening because 104.5 couldnt be there?

Old
06-05-2007, 06:28 AM
brah

it's during bonnaroo. who's the dumbass that picked the date for this?

Old
06-05-2007, 07:41 AM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
it's during bonnaroo. who's the dumbass that picked the date for this?
Probably George Plaster!

Seriously, will someone let us know if this is truly going to happen?

Old
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
Probably George Plaster!

Seriously, will someone let us know if this is truly going to happen?
I poked around a bit on the official board. There was originally a rally scheduled on that date, but it appears that it has been delayed until at least mid-July so 104.5 and other groups can get involved.

Old
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Nashville108*

Quote:
Originally Posted by preddevil View Post
I poked around a bit on the official board. There was originally a rally scheduled on that date, but it appears that it has been delayed until at least mid-July so 104.5 and other groups can get involved.
This is what I've heard as well. I hope there really aren't flyers going up about this.

Old
06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
bluepred

Everybody...I agree with the last two posts. Visit www.savethepredators.com, I believe he is keeping pretty good tabs on the landscape of what is going on. I even heard that Pete Weber and Paul Mccann are getting involved.

Mods please close this thread as I would hate for 30 people to show up on this date, which would have the exact opposite result of it looking like people don't care.

Old
06-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepred View Post
Everybody...I agree with the last two posts. Visit www.savethepredators.com, I believe he is keeping pretty good tabs on the landscape of what is going on. I even heard that Pete Weber and Paul Mccann are getting involved.

Mods please close this thread as I would hate for 30 people to show up on this date, which would have the exact opposite result of it looking like people don't care.
Exactly, I know it is difficult for people to sit in idle at this time, but we need to do this in an organized manner with the media behind us.

From what I have been following on the NP.com boards, 104.5 FM is organizing a rally in July (due to permits and other schedule conflicts with both the Sommet Center schedule and NHL and local events) and will be announcing their plans in the next week or so.

We cannot have separate rallies that are disjointed and give anyone any reason to claim that "Nashville had a rally and only 100 people showed up...no support...yada, yada, yada".

I truly appreciate all of those that would love to organize something on their own with sincere desire and good intentions, but let's hold off and let 104.5 put this together so that we are assured of getting major media attention and have the necessary participation from both key people and things like bands (Small Time Rock Stars are on board and actually helping organize the event) and other things to keep the crowd pumped and draw in the passerby on Broadway.

Old
06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
GLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjoe View Post
Anyone who lives in Nashville that gives an ounce of cr@p about this team has to show up and support this city and team.

Pass this along to as many people as you can!

RangerJoe
if its legit go. pens faithful had a few rallys here. i was only able to attend one, and it wasnt really scheduled. the gov of PA was here for the steelers SB parade in feb of 06 and when Rendell (our gov of pa) was talking to a local news channel, the crowd around him started a "save the pens" chant. so during his interview talking about the steelers, the pens fans made the topic change to supporting the pens. there were a few other rallys but like i said i couldnt attend. every little bit of support helps. making your politicians local and state aware of your love for the preds...it cant hurt the cause. tell a friend, that friend tells a friend, etc. spread the word and help keep your team there in nashville where it belongs.

good luck guys and gals!

Old
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

at any rate.

ignore anything you see saying there's a rally on the 16th, and await confirmation on the OFFICIAL one in july. i'm sure there'll be news of whatever posted here at that time.

Closed Thread