Notices

Kiprusoff #1 goalie?

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Samsonites

vCash: 500
Kiprusoff #1 goalie?

I was just wondering if Kiprusoff could become the Flames #1 goalie for next season. He has been playing amazing this year when Turek got injured. I think Turek will be making $5 million for next season and I don't think Calgary would pay Turek $5 million to be a backup goalie.

What is the chances of Calgary trading Turek and making Kiprusoff their #1 goalie?

Old
02-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Sutter the other day said that in no circumstances would he deal Kiprusoff. I think he's undoubtedly our number one goalie. We need to sign him to a contract though at the end of the year. Thankfully, he should be Restricted.

And as for Turek, I think they'd love to deal him but as we all know the problem is finding a taker for him. I'd be really happy with a Kiprusoff/McLennan tandem (I hope Jamie isn't traded because he's the perfect backup goalie). Turek's got one more year left on this contract, so they should try to move him as soon as possible.

Old
02-28-2004, 05:10 PM
CaramonFLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsonites
I was just wondering if Kiprusoff could become the Flames #1 goalie for next season. He has been playing amazing this year when Turek got injured. I think Turek will be making $5 million for next season and I don't think Calgary would pay Turek $5 million to be a backup goalie.

What is the chances of Calgary trading Turek and making Kiprusoff their #1 goalie?
If Turek Went on Waivers today there would be Zero takers. He makes too much and he just isn't worth it. Calgary has no choice but to have Turek be their back up goalie for next year, hes still under contract. His no trade clause certainly doesn't make matters any easier.

Closed Thread