Notices

Congrats from Columbus

Old
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
megashock5

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Congrats from Columbus

Congrats to the Ducks and their fans - great playoffs and a great final. Love seeing Selanne finally hoist the cup, he's been a classy and skilled player for a long time. All around a well deserved championship.

Good luck next year! Maybe someday we'll actually get to the post-season!

megashock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 863
Thanks a bunch. Before the playoffs started, a lot of Ducks fans would joke that that as long as the Anaheim did not have to face Columbus in the playoffs, they'd be fine. The BJs sure seemed to have their # in some of the regular season games, even handing them what, imo, was their worst/most frustrating loss of the season (yes, the one where the BJs scored like 3 goals in the last 10 mins and won in regulation ).

Best wishes to Columbus on getting their GM situation sorted out and hopefully we'll see them make their 1st playoff appearance next season.

Ducks__Halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 07:36 AM
X0ssbar

Also wanted to throw my congrats into the mix from Cbus! A well earned championship and I can see many a team looking to mirror how the Ducks were built.

Unfortunately for the rest of the league its gonna be pretty hard to find two hall of fame all star defensemen to build from

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Handyy

Congrats also from a Jackets fan in Finland. Obviously, Selanne is my all-time favourite player and he really deserved this Cup - as well as the rest of Ducks.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 09:41 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Congrats to the Ducks!! I wish I could have seen the game but it's hard to find a hockey game in Mexico. I'm happy for Selanne and for all the former Jackets that won yesterday. Well see you next year and Ducks__Halos, I hope your worst nightmares come true and the Jackets beat the Ducks in the playoffs next year, preferably the Conference Finals!!

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 10:09 AM
OhioGuy

Yes congrats are definitely in order. You guys were hands down the best team of the playoffs. That Penner-Getzlaf-Perry line put you guys over the top IMO, you are going to have a very solid team for years to come. Of course it doesn't hurt that half the team consisted of ex-Jackets players

OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Unfortunately for the rest of the league its gonna be pretty hard to find two hall of fame all star defensemen to build from
Really? Is that difficult?

Columbus is in the same place the Ducks were in their early years, an expansion team that got a lot of crap from their nearest rivals (in this case, Detroit). Just keep the faith, Blue Jacket fans. It will happen for you, too.

Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 02:18 PM
213 Sentinel

I'll throw my congrats in, as well. Obviously I wasn't rooting for your team (see Avatar), but there's no doubt the better team won. Must be a great feeling and I'm happy for you guys. I'm also happy for Selanne and Giguere. I felt bad for Jiggy in '03. Not often you get redemption like he did.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Thanks guys. My dad's from Cincinnati, and has a lot of his relatives still there, so they're by default Jackets fans (save my great-aunt, she says she'll only cheer for the Mohawks/Stingers/Swords/Cyclones and Blackhawks, but that's another story.) I really wish your team the best, you got some awesome uniforms and some good players.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote