Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Henrik Juntunen

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Henrik Juntunen

Has Henrik progressed as the year has gone on. Is he still on the 4th line, has he shown some skills that make his future more optimistic? Thanks for some news on him.

Last edited by Fat Elvis: 02-28-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old
02-28-2004, 12:56 AM
ES

I don't know exactly in which line he is playing, but he has broke his old point record in the season.
Currently 46 matches 4+6=10 22PIM

Old
02-28-2004, 02:27 PM
jj_fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Has Henrik progressed as the year has gone on. Is he still on the 4th line, has he shown some skills that make his future more optimistic? Thanks for some news on him.
Well, can't say that he has progressed that much really. He's still in the 4th line and he is Kärpät's (Henrik's team is, as you probably know already, Kärpät Oulu.) 12th or 13th forward. We have seen flashes of brilliance from him, but only rarely. Also, he has been a puck hog, he should pass the puck more. At the moment, in my opinion, his future doesn't look very optimistic. A career AHLer or something, not even that maybe. But we have to remember that he's still a very young player.

He has looked very frustrated sometimes, and his attidute has never been the best, or that's what I heard. I've heard rumours from diffrent sources that he has had (or still has) some problems with Kärpät's head coach. He hasn't gotten that much icetime really, and if someone gets injured from the top three lines, it's always someone else than Henrik who gets promoted there, which seems strange to me at least. Kärpät's current head coach isn't going to coach the team next season, and there's Henrik's chance. He needs to change his attidute a bit and use some of his best assets next season - he's a big guy, at least in the SM-liiga, and he needs to use his body. He has always played well in the smaller rinks (Kärpät's rink is very large) and that's a good thing for his possible career in North-America. If I remember right, the Kings offered him a contract in the summer of 2002, also last years champion here in the SM-liiga, Tappara Tampere, wanted to sign Henrik last summer but he decided to stay here in Oulu. He's one of my favourite players and I really hope that he'd break out next season. We'll see - I still consider him very talented.

Last edited by jj_fin: 02-28-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Old
02-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Fat Elvis

Thankyou for all your insight, it's hard to know how a player is doing since we never get a chance to see him play. I hope the best for him and it would be nice to see his game improve enough to see him on the Kings someday. Thanks Elvis

Closed Thread