HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kasparaitis

Old
06-07-2007, 03:24 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock View Post
I think he can be a number four guy, but looking at who the Rangers have on D, and who they will have on D, not number four here. Five or six here, definitely.

I think he'd do well in Columbus, but after this year, I don't know if he'll have it in him to play for another NHL team. We'll see.
he'd have to be on a piss-poor defense unit to be a 4 at this point. one with absolutely no depth whatsoever.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

from what I saw last year, Darius is more like a #8 or 9 defenseman. someone who should only be playing in the NHL if a team suffers catastrophic injuries. Its a damn shame because hes one of those guys i absolutely love having on the team. keeps everyone loose, its a nuisance to play against.

this team would be 10000000x times better if we had a healthy, Kaspar from a few years ago. Sadly, now he is just leadership fodder for the minors

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 07:59 PM
swissmiss

Darius...has lot left in him he is 34 years old...imagine the year he had...divorce...2 injuries that didnt heal quick enough...not enough time to train..stripped of his a/c before the season started. coaching staff didnt support him...he had to be the only one trying to keep him going. he worked his ass off, and look at the december he had...coachs said lose 10 pounds in nov he did, then they took his chance away. the islanders had been rumored to want him, but the rangers refused to bring him up so they could claim him...which shows that the rangers believe he has worth, and did want the competition to have him. He is almost 100% and training camp is 3 months away...give him a chance.. avery is physical but he doesnt replace kaspar...look over the past and know how long d's last.

swissmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 09:11 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmiss View Post
Darius...has lot left in him he is 34 years old...imagine the year he had...divorce...2 injuries that didnt heal quick enough...not enough time to train..stripped of his a/c before the season started. coaching staff didnt support him...he had to be the only one trying to keep him going. he worked his ass off, and look at the december he had...coachs said lose 10 pounds in nov he did, then they took his chance away. the islanders had been rumored to want him, but the rangers refused to bring him up so they could claim him...which shows that the rangers believe he has worth, and did want the competition to have him. He is almost 100% and training camp is 3 months away...give him a chance.. avery is physical but he doesnt replace kaspar...look over the past and know how long d's last.
there were no agendas against kaspar.

the coaches knew full well how important they thought kaspar was to the d at the beginning of the season. that's why they wanted him in as good a condition as possible. hell, i believed at first they did it to try to save his body from the nightly toll so that he could be fresher as the season wore on and at the very beginning when he came back he looked fine. unfortunately it didn't last very long and it's sad to all of us but that's nhl life.

but it wasn't a coincidence that when he, ozo, and eventually ward were jettisoned (i.e. the worst of the d-men collectively) that the team's defense played the best it did all season. there were other factors in the change of defensive performance but those 3 really did drag the rest down significantly.

and for the record i'm sure kaspar could find work elsewhere in the nhl. just not at the rangers' financial expense.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Choice

I actually saw Kaspar on the street last week. I was walking down 2nd Ave in midtown and was like 'whoa that dude looks a lot like Kasparitis' so I turn and yell "HEY DARIUS!" and he turns around and waves. A good dude.

Would love to see him as a coach but that may be a little while off.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote