HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Summer Hockey Fix - '94 Rangers on iTunes

Old
06-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Summer Hockey Fix - '94 Rangers on iTunes

Sorry if this has been posted already, but for those of you with iTunes, you can get your Summer Hockey Fix and relive the glory of 1994 here:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...59649&s=143441

You can also enjoy watching the Flyers come oh-so-close, but not quite, against TGO, Mess, Tikk and the Oilers in 1987, or some other great Cup Final games. Elsewhere, they have the entire '07 Cup Final Series up.

I've got the '94 Game 7 on VHS, but that didn't stop me from dropping a measly $2 to get it on my computer and, more importantly, my iPod. Ah, yes, sitting in Central Park, in the sun, watching the Rangers win the Cup, over and over again...

...I'll have no friends left by August.

Last edited by 007: 06-08-2007 at 10:07 AM.
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 01:20 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I noticed this too. This will be quite enjoyable to watch on my looooooooong bus ride out to Columbus for the NHL Draft in two weeks.

Or after a bad day at work on the subway home. Instant mood changer.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:54 AM
rickyrod

Is it the MSG feed, or the...whichever network it was on nationally feed?

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
Is it the MSG feed, or the...whichever network it was on nationally feed?
MSG, with Sam and JD. The video quality is good for the iPod, a little fuzzy on the computer fullscreen. The sound quality is OK: Sam and JD sound fine, but there is a little bit of distortion in the crowd noise.

Was it even nationally televised? I forget: I was watching it on MSG at the time.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Sorry if this has been posted already, but for those of you with iTunes, you can get your Summer Hockey Fix and relive the glory of 1994 here:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...59649&s=143441

You can also enjoy watching the Flyers come oh-so-close, but not quite, against TGO, Mess, Tikk and the Oilers in 1987, or some other great Cup Final games. Elsewhere, they have the entire '07 Cup Final Series up.

I've got the '94 Game 7 on VHS, but that didn't stop me from dropping a measly $2 to get it on my computer and, more importantly, my iPod. Ah, yes, sitting in Central Park, in the sun, watching the Rangers win the Cup, over and over again...

...I'll have no friends left by August.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
RyutinTyutin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
MSG, with Sam and JD. The video quality is good for the iPod, a little fuzzy on the computer fullscreen. The sound quality is OK: Sam and JD sound fine, but there is a little bit of distortion in the crowd noise.

Was it even nationally televised? I forget: I was watching it on MSG at the time.
It was, by ESPN, and it still bothers me to this day seeing highlights of the last faceoff and hearing Gary Thorne instead of Sam and JD

RyutinTyutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I would really recommend to anyone out there to buy the 1994 Rangers DVD set. Something like 8 DVDs or so with the Debbies and the Canucks series. Such a great collection to have and I thought that the quality was really good compared to some of the VHS copies of games I've seen in the past.

If you can find it used, it's a great bargain.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
I would really recommend to anyone out there to buy the 1994 Rangers DVD set. Something like 8 DVDs or so with the Debbies and the Canucks series. Such a great collection to have and I thought that the quality was really good compared to some of the VHS copies of games I've seen in the past.

I just bought it for my dad for Father's day, mostly so I can watch it

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 07:56 PM
gers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post

i agree completely, great set and great quality. spend the money. its worth it.

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote