HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: The 2007 Stanley Cup Finals

Old
06-07-2007, 09:43 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
Rob Niedermayer... super bum, riding his brother's coattails to a Stanley Cup victory. That's the way to do it, Robby!
Rob was excellent all playoffs long. We could certainly use his size, physical play and defenisve ability on our team.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Rob was excellent all playoffs long. We could certainly use his size, physical play and defenisve ability on our team.
I'm sure most fans understand that deep down but it is just so easy to make fun of the gaping talent difference between the two. Though it is cool that Scott went to Anaheim to help his brother get one. That definitely wasn't the safe bet if he wanted to win another Cup (or two or three)

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Did anyone else think Scotty took the cup like "whatever"? I guess that's what happens when it's your fourth. His reaction compared to Brindy's last year was like polar opposites. Also, any lip readers here? I would love to know what he said to Alfie, he didn't look too pleased.
actually it looked like he ripped it out Bettmans hands.
There is video at espn where he is asked about the alffy incident and he really thought it was a heat of the moment thing, he said allfy appolgized and Neids went on to say he didnt think it was a big deal.
Anyway I am glad this season from hell is over. time to start fresh with the dradr and the offseason. bring it on

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
I can't stand Rob Niedermayer, he didn't even wait for it to be handed to him, he basically took it out of his brother's hands. It should have went to Selanne before anyone else.
Scott went to Anaheim to win a cup with his brother, I think that moment of the brothers sharing the cup while their mom weeps is cooler than seeing Selanne get it.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Scott went to Anaheim to win a cup with his brother, I think that moment of the brothers sharing the cup while their mom weeps is cooler than seeing Selanne get it.
I guess I'm biased because I hate Rob, but seeing Selanne and Giguere win the Cup was the only reason I was cool with Anaheim winning it. I don't think NBC even showed the Niedermayer's mother.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I guess I'm biased because I hate Rob, but seeing Selanne and Giguere win the Cup was the only reason I was cool with Anaheim winning it. I don't think NBC even showed the Niedermayer's mother.
I suppose it's different being a Canadian (and watching Canadian tv).

Old
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Just curious why you hate Rob? He doesnt seem like the kind of player that would evoke strong emotion either way. Just a steady physical, good 3rd line player. I for one would love to have him on the RW with Richards.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Just curious why you hate Rob? He doesnt seem like the kind of player that would evoke strong emotion either way. Just a steady physical, good 3rd line player. I for one would love to have him on the RW with Richards.
Agreed. I'd take him at this point over Kapanen in a heartbeat.

Old
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Agreed. I'd take him at this point over Kapanen in a heartbeat.
I love Kapanen and want him on my team, but on the 4th line at this point. I want some better players with Richards.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote