HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2nd line last resort LW

Old
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot View Post
You guys keep mentioning Umberger but he just doesn't fit the second line without making it a negative with his poor defense and passing.
He can score-yes, but he won't be making the other guys score and the line just won't work without being scored upon a lot.
Sanderson>Umberger because of speed and better 2 way play and they both have a scorers touch but are streaky.I'd even rather see Giroux jump into that line then Umberger.
i like sanderson but he is a bad fit with carter...they both shoot too much...

sanderson needs to be a top 6 forward to be effective...might be a fit for flames (replace amonte), atlanta (replace tkachuk), or bolts (replace fedetenko)...

besides i got the impression that he wasn't one of stevens favorite players

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
mitchell_neif*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
i like sanderson but he is a bad fit with carter...they both shoot too much...

sanderson needs to be a top 6 forward to be effective...might be a fit for flames (replace amonte), atlanta (replace tkachuk), or bolts (replace fedetenko)...

besides i got the impression that he wasn't one of stevens favorite players
didn't stevens use him in shootouts? i can't really remember because i couldn't bare to watch them haha

mitchell_neif* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:49 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Nah, I wasn't missing your point. I'm all for setting lines and letting them grow, I just don't see Umberger as a second line option. Because their collective skill level isn't equal to Anaheim's line, we can't expect them to produce enough to be a 2nd line on a playoff team.

Since that left winger isn't in the system, we have to go out and look for a veteran free agent that will bring consistency to Carter and Upshall's game.
He sure looked like he could be a 2nd liner two years ago, and was outplaying both Richards and Carter last year for about half the season. I think he can be if he is left alone and allowed to develop, I think he is a 25-30 goal player. I wont cry if they get a veteran in here, but I dont want a veteran just for the sake of having a veteran. We have Knuble, Kapanen, Hatcher. Gagne needs to become one of the leaders and I assume the top line center we get, and maybe the 4th line center will be vets. I am fine with the 2nd and third lines being guys developing. I am not worried about being a playoff contender next year. If they get in, great! I just want to see a team that competes on a nightly basis.

This team doesnt have the skill level of the Ducks so obviously our 2nd line is not going to have their skill level.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
He sure looked like he could be a 2nd liner two years ago, and was outplaying both Richards and Carter last year for about half the season. I think he can be if he is left alone and allowed to develop, I think he is a 25-30 goal player. I wont cry if they get a veteran in here, but I dont want a veteran just for the sake of having a veteran. We have Knuble, Kapanen, Hatcher. Gagne needs to become one of the leaders and I assume the top line center we get, and maybe the 4th line center will be vets. I am fine with the 2nd and third lines being guys developing. I am not worried about being a playoff contender next year. If they get in, great! I just want to see a team that competes on a nightly basis.

This team doesnt have the skill level of the Ducks so obviously our 2nd line is not going to have their skill level.
Meh, I won't argue about Umberger anymore. I'm not a fan so this will go nowhere.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Meh, I won't argue about Umberger anymore. I'm not a fan so this will go nowhere.

HAHA I win!!

Personally, I want to see Potulny there, but I think that has less a chance of happening then Umberger.

Old
06-09-2007, 09:34 PM
mikedifr

Does Tampa still need a goaltender? How about we send a package to them with Nitty and something else for Prospal for the LW spot with Carter/Upshall.

Old
06-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
HAHA I win!!

Personally, I want to see Potulny there, but I think that has less a chance of happening then Umberger.
I agree I think Potulny has the POTENTIAL to be a no.2 left wing. But considering he played center for so long, I think we should give him some AHL time to develop his game more.

Umberger needs to prove he belongs on this team in a huge-*** hurry. I think that this is his year. We give him a shot to prove that he can fill the role of no.2 lw, if he can do it. He stays for a while, if not we deal him at the deadline. probably for a good 4th line player, so that we can move Eager up to 3rd line.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Does Tampa still need a goaltender? How about we send a package to them with Nitty and something else for Prospal for the LW spot with Carter/Upshall.
I have a feeling B.Richards is going to go to Minny for Fernandez + draft picks or depth players. Just speculation but if I were feaster I would seriously consider an offer like that.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 10:34 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I have a feeling B.Richards is going to go to Minny for Fernandez + draft picks or depth players. Just speculation but if I were feaster I would seriously consider an offer like that.
how about

biron, draft pick & umberger for richards

then go all out for giggy

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I guess that wouldn't be the worst trade in the world, although if I'm Tampa, I'd be looking for a better, younger goalie in return for Richards.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
It all depends on how truly desperate Tampa is for a quality goalie. If they really do end up having their back against the wall in terms of affording their big three and they feel that they will be a perennial first round bust without a legit goalie then I wouldn't be surprised to see something, well, surprising happen.

This is Hockey... someone will do something stupid in the offseason. It's just a matter of time. A GM always decides to step on his dick.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote