HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Key Stretch Of Games

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Islanders4Cups

vCash: 500
Key Stretch Of Games

Pitt - Win (WON)
@NYR - Loss (LOST)
BUF - Win (WON)
BOS - Tie (TIED)
NYR - Win Let's all hope they come out playing early this time!
@BUF - Loss
PIT - Win
@PIT - Win
@TOR - Loss

We ran into a hot goaltender against the Kings. I think we go the equivalent of
5-3-1 and get 11 out of 18 points in this stretch
(perhaps an OT game or two in there as well)

Last edited by Islanders4Cups: 02-25-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old
02-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Jones23

The schedule is very favourable but in years past it always seemed the Isles play down to lesser teams.Let's hope that does not continue and the Isles take advantage and not only put space between them and ninth spot but look to catch and pass seventh and sixth spot.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:12 AM
blitzkriegs

I'd be pretty concerned about that Pitt game. NYI may look ahead to NYR and glance over a team that hasn't won in 12 games.

I think Snow will get the start for PITT with Ricky playing NYR game.

this stretch will have a major impact on where we set ourselves up for the playoff positioning. Hate to say it, but I'd prefer NYI play a non-Canadian team just because of the major reduction in media attention on the series.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
I remember several people (might not be at this site though) predicting doom and gloom when we face a tough december line up of games including the Devils 3 times.

We all know the Isles responded well to that chalenge.

The Ranger games are always hard fought no matter what the standing s show, so don't expect an easy ride there.

If fact, outside of the 3 games with pitt and NYR, these are all teams who are playing very well right now. Hopefully we can pick up some points in hard fought battles against the Leafs and Sabres.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Moosie

Rangers

I don't think this year's Islanders really get up for the Rangers. I don't know why not, except maybe Stirling doesn't push the rivalry. I'm sure he wants to win every game, but maybe he doesn't treat the Rangers as anything special, just another opponent.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:25 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
I remember several people (might not be at this site though) predicting doom and gloom when we face a tough december line up of games including the Devils 3 times.

We all know the Isles responded well to that chalenge.

The Ranger games are always hard fought no matter what the standing s show, so don't expect an easy ride there.

If fact, outside of the 3 games with pitt and NYR, these are all teams who are playing very well right now. Hopefully we can pick up some points in hard fought battles against the Leafs and Sabres.
I expected gloom and doom in December, they were three games under with a scheule where the recent trends suggested it would take something dramatic to even play five hundred and remain three under. That was nowhere near good enough.

They had a stretch that was one for the books and somehow even gained ground and it was very special.

As for the Rangers it's more of a rivalry game for the Rangers now. It's a must-win from their side. I do not think Isles match up well with the Rangers, size-wise and maybe press too much and get out of what works best.

But first things first. Isles-Pens. Getting two points against a team due to win that scored four goals against Toronto that just called up a goaltender (Andy Chiodo) who will want to beat the Islanders badly if he get's an opportunity.

Isles need this game and the two points......Buffalo plays Florida and that could be two more points for the Sabres so it's about keeping pace too.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Hey Islanders fans. With the way you're playing, I wouldn't be worried about not making the playoffs. Even if my Sabres do catch you guys (probably not), there is no way Montreal will make it over you. They're going downhill fast.

Obviously, I can't root for you guys this coming weekend (I'd like at least 2 points from those games), but I do hope you take out the Rangers, Montreal, and Florida.

Your team might be a useful ally in the coming weeks ; )

Good luck, guys. Hopefully we'll be seeing you in the playoffs.

Old
02-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Islanders4Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Hey Islanders fans. With the way you're playing, I wouldn't be worried about not making the playoffs. Even if my Sabres do catch you guys (probably not), there is no way Montreal will make it over you. They're going downhill fast.

Obviously, I can't root for you guys this coming weekend (I'd like at least 2 points from those games), but I do hope you take out the Rangers, Montreal, and Florida.

Your team might be a useful ally in the coming weeks ; )

Good luck, guys. Hopefully we'll be seeing you in the playoffs.
Habs won two in a row and are ahead again (Isles have two games in hand).
Hopefully I am right about Thursdays game against NYR.

Old
02-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Wow Islanders4Cups, so far you're dead-on. Think you can pick my lotto numbers???

Old
02-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Islanders4Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
Wow Islanders4Cups, so far you're dead-on. Think you can pick my lotto numbers???
Maybe if I just put Win down for the rest of the games, then we would be all set.

Old
02-29-2004, 07:35 AM
jjricco8

Glad you were wrong this time....

Closed Thread