HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timmonen..Any Word?

Old
06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Nemchinov13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
If we bring in a D like Timmonen or Hamerlik, I defenitly think we should move Paul Mara.

Tyutin-Girardi seems to be a lock. Rozi next to a Timmonen or Hamerlik doesn't make much sense. Mara next to a Timmonen or Hamerlik doesn't make much sense...

Mara helped us allot last season. He got a good shot from the blueline. He plays well when he is under pressure. He is a big guy who can take care of himself, and thats important.

And he is a puckmoving D, and thoose always needs time before they get comfortable with a new team. They need to know the forwards they are playing with, how they want the puck ect. So there is room for improvement with Mara, and D's like him often hit their prime in their 30's.

Though, in the end I am still not sold on that Mara can get the job done as a puckmoving D on a 2nd pairing. Its a really important position. Allot of offensive stability must come from that position, you must have someone there who shift after shift can make solid offensive transition plays, who can give his forwards a slight edge with his passing game, shift after shift. Especially when your 1st line can build up momentum, the unit who comes on after that have to be able to build on that momentum. I think all successful teams in the PO's this season were able to do that, when they could push the other team back, they never let up.

I thought Mara struggled against Atlanta when we pressured. He got allot of ice and time to work with, but several times failed to deliver that stability. He is a D who can hold his own, he won't bring a team down. But he plays a really important role, and in the aspect where he could make a big diffrence, I am not sure if he can deliver.

I would much rather have;
Staal-Roszival
Malik-Hamrlik/Timmonen
Tyutin-Girardi

then a crop with Mara on it. Though I don't think it will happend.
I'm really hoping that Staal would be that defenseman who will bring defensive stability to Mara's offense. For the long term success of our organization, we have to leave a spot in the starting line up for a rookie, be it Staal or Baranka or Sauer or even Liffiton.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 04:03 PM
theduke35

id love to see the rangers let rachunek go, trade malik at the draft with immonen. sign Sarich or Hannan and let everyone else play for spots. I think the defense should look something like this...

Rosie Sarich/Hannan
Tjutin Girardi
Staal Pock

theduke35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 04:09 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Hannan is only 28 too... Tommy likey!

Get 'em Sather, and move one of Malik/Mara.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Players like Malik, who has 1 year left on the contract, won't be moved until trade deadline. Teams are simply not going to trade for a $3 million defenseman in the off-season. Ditto for Mara. Rachunek's situation is tough. On one hand, he's a 28 year old defenseman who has been a solid defenseman in Ottawa and at some points last season, on the other hand, if we offer a 1 year QO, we'd essentially block rookie's spot on the starting defense. I'd say, dump Rachunek and have a rookie (Staal?) be paired with Mara.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 06:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Mara has not played badly, id give him a full year before we move him. id move Pock, Malik and Rachunek b4 Mara.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke35 View Post
id love to see the rangers let rachunek go, trade malik at the draft with immonen. sign Sarich or Hannan and let everyone else play for spots. I think the defense should look something like this...

Rosie Sarich/Hannan
Tjutin Girardi
Staal Pock
so Mara is the 7th dman

Id move Pock b4 Mara. Mara played with Sarich on the Bolts and as defensive partners.

Rozsival Hannan
Tyutin Girardi
Mara Sarich
Strudwick as 7th

Staal in Hartford until injuries happen, depends on what d is playing the best, that is who should get called up.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 08:30 PM
theduke35

sorry but no way were going to get both defensemen of Hannan and Sarich. Yea true they would sign for tops $3mil a year but other teams are going to be interested in these two and prob be only to sign one of them. i forgot mara..pock may be traded in the offseason...so a

Rosie Hannan/Sarich
Tyutin Girardi
Staal Mara

theduke35 is offline   Reply With Quote