HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyutin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-10-2007, 05:51 PM
  #1
Fan of The Game
Registered User
 
Fan of The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fan of The Game
Tyutin

What are you guys expecting out of him next year? I have always liked the kid but I never get to watch him play.

Fan of The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 05:54 PM
  #2
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin
 
Thordic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kearny, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
His defense gets better and better, and partnered with Dan "The Rock" Girardi, he could contribute quite a bit more on offense as well. Toots is pretty good at skating with the puck, a decent passer, and has a hard shot.

And honestly, even if he never progressed any more than the point he is at right now, he is still a decent NHL defenseman. But I expect him to keep improving.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 06:18 PM
  #3
RangerSteve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
I'd like to him to use his shot a little bit more. I like how he moves the puck quickly without trying to skate through everyone. Having defensemen that keep everything very simple is a great thing.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 06:20 PM
  #4
RyutinTyutin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Toots needs to work on getting his shot on the net. He has a very high offensive upside, but until he hits the net more than Ortmeyer, he won't realize that upside. I expect him to cement his status as a bonafide #3 defenseman for a contender this year, and as the offensive game improves, he could become a legit #2.

RyutinTyutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 06:37 PM
  #5
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyutinTyutin View Post
Toots needs to work on getting his shot on the net. He has a very high offensive upside, but until he hits the net more than Ortmeyer, he won't realize that upside. I expect him to cement his status as a bonafide #3 defenseman for a contender this year, and as the offensive game improves, he could become a legit #2.
shoot more, work on getting his shots on net, and punish more guys. all things hes very capable of. im looking for improvement, and im sure ill get it. hes a heckuva kid.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 06:51 PM
  #6
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
His defense gets better and better, and partnered with Dan "The Rock" Girardi, he could contribute quite a bit more on offense as well. Toots is pretty good at skating with the puck, a decent passer, and has a hard shot.

And honestly, even if he never progressed any more than the point he is at right now, he is still a decent NHL defenseman. But I expect him to keep improving.
I don't think we can assume that the Girardi/Tyutin pairing is written in stone. The Ranger defense needs to get better in order for the team to reach the next level and I'm not sure that keeping this pair together is part of that equation.

Hopefully, Girardi has done enough to be part of the Ranger plans next year, but I don't think he can walk into camp and assume that he is penciled in to get 20 minutes a night. Also, training camp and pre-season is a time give new partners a chance to get to know each other. I think it's very possible, all things being equal, that Renney might very well try Tyutin and Mara together to see how well they can mesh.

I can see the pairings being
Malik/Roszival
Tyutin/Mara
???/Girardi
With Pck (if he's still with the team--although I'm not betting on it) and players like Staal, Barnaka and whoever else the Brain Trust decides to sign fighting it out for the last spot.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 07:01 PM
  #7
Nemchinov13
Registered User
 
Nemchinov13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Gravesend
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I don't think we can assume that the Girardi/Tyutin pairing is written in stone. The Ranger defense needs to get better in order for the team to reach the next level and I'm not sure that keeping this pair together is part of that equation.

Hopefully, Girardi has done enough to be part of the Ranger plans next year, but I don't think he can walk into camp and assume that he is penciled in to get 20 minutes a night. Also, training camp and pre-season is a time give new partners a chance to get to know each other. I think it's very possible, all things being equal, that Renney might very well try Tyutin and Mara together to see how well they can mesh.

I can see the pairings being
Malik/Roszival
Tyutin/Mara
???/Girardi
With Pck (if he's still with the team--although I'm not betting on it) and players like Staal, Barnaka and whoever else the Brain Trust decides to sign fighting it out for the last spot.
I like your pairings. Tyutin would anchor Mara, and Mara could afford to be more offensively creative. Girardi is like a rock and if Staal makes the team, he and Girardi would be an excellent 3rd pair with shutdown potential as the season progresses.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 07:18 PM
  #8
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,404
vCash: 500
Got to figure Malik and Roszival will be together. I could see Tyutin with either or Girardi or Mara. I'd actually like to see Fedor on the Pwp more. That might help his offensive confidence. He does have skills and I think the Rangers could make a better effort to tap into them. He's solidified his status as a regular NHL'er though. As for Pck for now he seems in their plans but where is the question. Rachunek's situation is up in the air. Staal and Baranka I think are close. Sauer, Potter and Reese coming along. Our defense looks like it's going to be pretty good for at least the next several years. A lot of good young players ready to make their mark.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 10:53 PM
  #9
Kendo
Registered User
 
Kendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Hamburger Train.
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I don't think we can assume that the Girardi/Tyutin pairing is written in stone. The Ranger defense needs to get better in order for the team to reach the next level and I'm not sure that keeping this pair together is part of that equation.

Hopefully, Girardi has done enough to be part of the Ranger plans next year, but I don't think he can walk into camp and assume that he is penciled in to get 20 minutes a night. Also, training camp and pre-season is a time give new partners a chance to get to know each other. I think it's very possible, all things being equal, that Renney might very well try Tyutin and Mara together to see how well they can mesh.

I can see the pairings being
Malik/Roszival
Tyutin/Mara
???/Girardi
With Pck (if he's still with the team--although I'm not betting on it) and players like Staal, Barnaka and whoever else the Brain Trust decides to sign fighting it out for the last spot.
The defense certainly needs to get better in order to reach the next level, but I could definitely see that next level being finding a partner for Mara while keeping Tyutin/Girardi together.

I can see the pairings as:

Malik/Rozsival
Mara/UFA
Tyutin/Girardi
Pock (7th)

As long as the UFA to be named later is an upgrade on Rachunek, this setup could do a lot to improve the defense as a whole. Tyutin and Girardi were pretty much the 2nd pairing during the playoffs, so having them on the 3rd pairing instead could help us "roll three pairs" if you catch my drift.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2007, 11:57 PM
  #10
geisenNYR
Registered User
 
geisenNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
I expect Tyutin to become a strong offensive defenseman. With Girardi as his partner, he can be more agressive offensively because he knows his partner is strong defensively. He shiuld also become a good 2nd PP d-man.

geisenNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 12:38 AM
  #11
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
35-40 points

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 01:13 AM
  #12
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
The defense certainly needs to get better in order to reach the next level, but I could definitely see that next level being finding a partner for Mara while keeping Tyutin/Girardi together.

I can see the pairings as:

Malik/Rozsival
Mara/UFA
Tyutin/Girardi
Pock (7th)

As long as the UFA to be named later is an upgrade on Rachunek, this setup could do a lot to improve the defense as a whole. Tyutin and Girardi were pretty much the 2nd pairing during the playoffs, so having them on the 3rd pairing instead could help us "roll three pairs" if you catch my drift.

Cory Sarich would be a good fit, only 28, played with Mara on the bolts, a stay at home dman, sticks up for teammates, makes a good pass, stays back and focus on defense.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/...=nhl-lightning

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.