Even though I miss the *******, I think this Defense hasn't been much worse in comparison to last year. Klemm and Sweeney have helped filling in for Hatcher, Matvichuk has stepped it up and Numminen has been quiet, but steady..
Here are a few interesting defensive tibbits about the Stars this season:
- #1 in the West in goals against. #2 In the NHL (trapping Devs are 1st)
- #1 in the League in shots against average.
- #2 in the League after leading the first period based on winning%
- Not lost any games after leading at the end of the 2nd.
- #4 in the League in terms of outshooting their opponents.
- Only team in the NHL to go unbeaten in OT so far this season
Interesting little facts if you ask me.. And Turco doesn't even stop such a high % compared to last season (.910 to .932) meaning the defense has done a quiet, yet amazing job. Seems to me we are missing Sydor more than Hatcher, though I do think our early slumps were a direct result of Hatcher's departure..