HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predictions

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Jamie-L

vCash: 500
Predictions

IF we lose tonight, then I don't see how the Blues can come back and make the playoffs, even less hoping to do anything which resembles contending.

I would predict, that if they lose, all the high priced stars will be moved.

Weight, I would say, will most likely go to LA, they are a good team with many decent scorers in need of a no. 1 center. We won't get frolov though. The best we can hope for is something like Gleason and a mid-round pick. We will have pay some of his salary.

Demitra, I can see going to a team like Montreal to give them more pop in the O. A fair return would be Hossa or Hainsey + 1 rounder in 05.

KT would be the hardest to move, but a team in contention and with low payroll like Nash or SJ might look at him. I would be very happy if we can get Ehrhoff and a mid level prospect for him. As with Weight, we will have to subsidize his salary.

Pronger could also be moved to Tor/Phil/TB, and I would be thrilled to get Pitaenen + for him, without having to pay any salary.

Mellanby and Drake will also be moved for mid picks or average prospects.

What are your predictions?

Old
02-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Brokencow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-L

KT would be the hardest to move, but a team in contention and with low payroll like Nash or SJ might look at him. I would be very happy if we can get Ehrhoff and a mid level prospect for him. As with Weight, we will have to subsidize his salary.
Sharks won't trade ehrnoff. He is their best offensive defenseman prospect. Also the team is really looking to get younger. It's been their strategy all season. Erhoff seems pretty untouchable right now. (of course every prospect is until the deals good enough.)

Old
02-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Plager05

We won't trade Pronger or Tkachuk.

Old
02-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Irish Blues

I have this gut feeling we're not going in - much like last season when I said we weren't going to get out of the 1st round. Not that we don't have the talent, and the game vs. Vancouver last night was good effort-wise, but I think we just dug a hole in the last few months and won't get out of it.

:mad: I had an idea for Weight to Detroit....but with the Wings getting Lang I think we're stuck with #39 now.

02-29-2004, 05:36 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
I think Tuesdays game is a huge game for both teams. I don't know why you guys are so pesimistic - we're only 2 points ahead. I know I'm sure worried!

Old
02-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
I think Tuesdays game is a huge game for both teams. I don't know why you guys are so pesimistic - we're only 2 points ahead. I know I'm sure worried!
When your team goes from #1 in the West and considered to be a top team in the league to out of the playoffs if the season ended today AND your team has shown few signs of getting their act together, you'd be pessimistic too.

FWIW: I think Calgary will be in as the #7 seed when the season is over (barring a late collapse).

Closed Thread