HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KEEP THE PREDS IN NASHVILLE, the official thread--we need your help!

Old
06-08-2007, 01:22 AM
futuredeadguy

vCash: 500
Hello All:

Newbie with an attitude. Bluepred has been bugging me to check out the board and now I see why - it rocks!

I'm the guy who started www.savethepredators.com. We need ALL OF YOU to get involved with our efforts. There are a lot of important eyes on our board right now (and we have the IP tracking to prove it).

I'm not going to waste a lot of space here telling you what we're doing - please just come see for yourself and tell your fellow Preds fans. We're not just signing petitions, we're signing checks. We're raising money to buy the tickets that will keep the Preds in Nashville.

Come buy a shirt, download a poster to hang on your nearest telephone pole, or just hang out on the boards - it's your call. We'll just be glad if you visit.

A few news items..and I apologize if I am repeating anything that's already been posted. I am posting this quickly as I am pretty slammed right now with all that's going on. I'll get caught up - I promise.

First - we are ALL on board with the fact there is no Rally on June 16. But, there IS a concert benefit that we hope you will support. It's on June 10. This IS NOT the official fan rally, but to have come about so quickly, it's looking pretty strong. Please check the event poster link in the news section of the site.

Next - we need some participation on the boards on our site. We've sold TONS of t-shirts since we went online on May 26 (proceeds of shirts buy Preds tickets for Big Brothers Big Sisters), but have very little activity on the boards. Please join and please raise hell.

We've got an excellent core group in place and can always use more dedicated Preds. And Oh yeah, we just started a YouTube section and we need videos aimed at keeping the preds here. We already have one online in case you haven't seen it. Please distribute it freely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-0Y9h6Urw

One last request - if you are on other boards, please spread the word about us and please tell your Preds friends on the street.

Thanks for your support. Let's kick some butt.

Jim L
www.savethepredators.com

futuredeadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 06:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Keep up the good work, Jim. It's important that you and your associates seem to realize that all the rallies and petitions in the world are meaningless without the ticket sales to back them up. It'd be great if you could keep our posters here(whom I count as probably the most knowledgeable Preds posters in existence, without a lot of the ra-ra type stuff that goes on with the 'official' boards) updated to not only how many tickets\packages you guys have been able to purchase as a result, but also how many shirts and other merchandise. We all need whatever kind of positivity we can get, these days.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

http://www.ourteamnashville.com/

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2007, 05:40 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
That Our Team website up above is the Chamber's initiative, the people that put out the survey.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
I received an email reply from the NHL today.

Dear Nashville Predator Fans,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the Nashville
Predators. At this point in time, the Predators have an existing, long-term lease,
and the Club is obligated to honor the terms of that lease. We expect the
Club and the City of Nashville will continue to be focused on doing
everything within its power to make this team successful in Nashville.

The National Hockey League

Did anyone else get this? Any thoughts?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
PredsMan

got it last week.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 04:50 PM
ringetterox15

i think it would be good for kitchener!!

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringetterox15 View Post
Well, we'll try to keep Kitchener's best interests in our considerations...

Old
06-13-2007, 07:29 PM
GOCBJ61

Blue Jacket fan here...you are the team we love to hate! I'm behind you guys all they way! Keep the Preds in Smashville!

GOCBJ61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Senapred checking in for battle!

Let's do this!

Have you guys tried getting a hold of Tim McGraw / Faith Hill or any of the other celebrities that go to the games, or their people? All it takes is one big-name

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringetterox15 View Post
Why the hell would Nashville fans care?

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
Why the hell would Nashville fans care?
oh god. It's a ringette player. They hate hockey. BAN HER

edit: not talking about you TU.

Old
06-13-2007, 10:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeksa View Post
Don't fret, there's always NASCAR...
I've never watched a NASCAR race in my life. I think that's probably true of many Nashvillians, given that there's not a race within 5 hours of us.

But hey, stereotypes are the lubricant of this entire tirade.

Shouldn't you be returning to your igloo with a fresh haul of char? Make sure to wash it down with the maple syrup your mountie brother-in-law Gord brought over.

Believe it or not, that's probably a lot closer to truth than what most people assume of Nashville.

Old
06-13-2007, 10:35 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I've never watched a NASCAR race in my life. I think that's probably true of many Nashvillians, given that there's not a race within 5 hours of us.

But hey, stereotypes are the lubricant of this entire tirade.

Shouldn't you be returning to your igloo with a fresh haul of char? Make sure to wash it down with the maple syrup your mountie brother-in-law Gord brought over.

Believe it or not, that's probably a lot closer to truth than what most people assume of Nashville.

I didn't think anyone would think I was being serious.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 10:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

I didn't think anyone would think I was being serious.
Well, maybe you weren't, but the crap we hear day in and day out, or the way people ask "Hey, you're from Tennessee? But you don't have an ACCENT!" any time I'm in another part of the country...it grows very, very tiring.

Old
06-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Oh sorry, I missed the part when only identical opinions can be expressed and that the forum must remain a big group hug.
No, it doesn't have to, but it's a little thing called class; you know, the thing that hf seems to have less and less of everyday.

I'm not a Preds fan, by the way. I'm a Sens fan. If they move, they move. It won't affect my daily life.

But, hey, we lost our team for 60 years before we got them back in Ottawa, (obviously I wasn't around then), and almost lost them again. I feel their pain. It's not fair to their fans.

Let me know if there's anything this Ottawa chick can do to contribute. If I had the money, I'd buy season tickets and then sell them on e-bay (face value), since I wouldn't be around to go to the games.

Old
06-13-2007, 10:56 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprettyprincess View Post
No, it doesn't have to, but it's a little thing called class; you know, the thing that hf seems to have less and less of everyday.

I'm not a Preds fan, by the way. I'm a Sens fan. If they move, they move. It won't affect my daily life.

But, hey, we lost our team for 60 years before we got them back in Ottawa, (obviously I wasn't around then), and almost lost them again. I feel their pain. It's not fair to their fans.
Who doesn't feel their pain? Many of us have felt it. We've developed a long history of moving franchises from Canada to the US in multiple sports, sometimes just to see them neglected, whether you're from Vancouver or Winnipeg or Quebec City. Meanwhile the league expands into more areas that neglect their teams even more than those who lost them. Posters like nomorekids are among the best / most knowledgeable on the forum, and you can definitely feel sorry for them.

Call me classless, and sure I feel a bit guilty, but at the same time, there's also something refreshing about seeing someone passionate enough, and perhaps our country strong enough (or the US's weak enough) to reverse this trend, just once.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:53 AM
FlowerPower

man the more i hear and read about this whole issue... the more im taken straight back to the good ol days of the pens being bought and moved. the arrogance of balsillie to announce he is pre-selling season ticket packages in another city before a sale is even made to him certainly doesnt bode well. also its even more shameful to see people even bother to post on your boards... as if to throw this whole thing in your faces "Call me classless, and sure I feel a bit guilty, but at the same time, there's also something refreshing about seeing someone passionate enough, and perhaps our country strong enough (or the US's weak enough) to reverse this trend, just once."
reading those type of comments by canadians when the pens were going through stuff made me want to spout off and attack a place i love to go and see hockey games. while its not terrible to see another team in canada... it is terrible to see a team in their prime ripped in gory fashion away from its fans.

hang in there... dont lose faith and try to keep a positive vibe amoungst what will certainly be a drawn out and painful process. my hope is balsillie fades from the picture as his attempt to buy your nhl franchise is shut down by the league.... then all the KC talk will rise up but your team will garner enough fan support and make the playoffs next year so as to not allow a move.

the league needs to stop allowing things of this nature to happen. if a team is to move due to inability to support a team so be it but this big media joke that they continue to allow is not really fair. whether your getting your hopes smashed that your team may stay or getting your hopes up a team may come to your city. i realize the situation in pittsburgh had to be what it was considering our state and city is run by a bunch of two timing media ****** but allowing this negotiation to go through the media sets a bad tone for the future.

Last edited by FlowerPower: 06-14-2007 at 09:09 AM.
FlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 12:24 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
I saw the season ticket thread and I decided to email Bettman's office:

"Mr. Bettman,

I've defended you far too long. This is getting out of hand:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/100...4&minorcatid=9

Since your office hasn't done anything about much of this controversy yet, I think I'm going to accelerate my plans to boycott your league. Of course, most people will say "if we lose a fan we will gain a fan somewhere else" but your league can't afford that, can it?

It was a nice 15 year relationship for me, but I'm done. Growing the sport takes time more than ever with all the distractions we have nowadays and the Preds weren't given enough time. All of this is coming from a Canes fan but I was a hockey fan 5 years before that time. I've just had enough with the inter workings, in-fighting, and just sillyness that comes with being a fan of the NHL.

Will ####

P.S. Of course, if I'm being to hasty in my judgement I'll be back."

I'm out. Maybe forever.

HughJass* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta

you're going to stop being an NHL fan because the predators have no corporate support in nashville

Hemsky is a gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
PhilTheThrillKessel

This reminds me when my Rams moved from LA to St.Louis. Its a terrible situation for Preds fans and I feel for them.
But if the Predators did move, would you support them?

PhilTheThrillKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 01:27 PM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupul's Pupils View Post
you're going to stop being an NHL fan because the predators have no corporate support in nashville

Check his avatar.

preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Mikeymikeymikey

Send a message via AIM to Mikeymikeymikey
As a Sabre fan, I wish y'all well. We went through the same thing a few years back. Nashville deserves to keep its hockey team. Good luck.

Mikeymikeymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
I guess I'm not the only one to receive this response to their email's to Bettman's office, eh?

Quote:
Dear Nashville Predator Fans,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the Nashville Predators.
At this point in time, the Predators have an existing, long-term lease, and
the Club is obligated to honor the terms of that lease. We expect the Club
and the City of Nashville will continue to be focused on doing everything
within its power to make this team successful in Nashville.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupul's Pupils View Post
Despite you inaccurately placing my loyalties: yes. I can live without it. There so much other important things in this world than a sport that continues to piss me off.

HughJass* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Canadian here who doesnt want two teams in Toronto. Ive already emailed Bettman.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote