HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who is the fastest team in the NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 04:32 PM
OMA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
Wow. Many of you are posting your team is fast because of marginal players like Chimera, Gelinas, Ference etc. Who cares? These guys don't make an impact. On Ottawa, the only fast guy that isn't a major part of the team is Vermette. Then it is our stars, who see most of the ice-time such as Hossa, Bondra, Havlat, Alfie etc.
You do make a valid point. Although I don't think there is one team in the league that possesses the depth that the Senators have. For example.....Martin Gelinas is the 1st line LW in Calgary right now

Old
02-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Looger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA
You do make a valid point. Although I don't think there is one team in the league that possesses the depth that the Senators have. For example.....Martin Gelinas is the 1st line LW in Calgary right now
to be fair calgary has about three LW'ers that are all career 2nd-3rd liners.

deano is playing centre, otherwise he'd probably be getting the most LW ice. biggest hole on the team in my opinion, first-line LW. at this point i'd take dave andrewchuck, at least he scores 10 PPG or so a year

Old
02-29-2004, 05:15 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
Wow. Many of you are posting your team is fast because of marginal players like Chimera, Gelinas, Ference etc. Who cares? These guys don't make an impact. On Ottawa, the only fast guy that isn't a major part of the team is Vermette. Then it is our stars, who see most of the ice-time such as Hossa, Bondra, Havlat, Alfie etc.
I hear what you are saying...but for the Flames (as an example) it's the fact that even their marginal players are so fast that allow them to play a certain style...and it defines the whole team as being a very fast squad

it doesn't mean the Flames are a great team, like Ottawa is, but they are FAST top to bottom

Old
02-29-2004, 05:15 PM
TelperiŽn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Skating forward only...has anyone ever seen Spezza skate backwards?
Is this referring to the Pittsburgh game when he was skating backwards against Malone? :p

Old
02-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
I hear what you are saying...but for the Flames (as an example) it's the fact that even their marginal players are so fast that allow them to play a certain style...and it defines the whole team as being a very fast squad

it doesn't mean the Flames are a great team, like Ottawa is, but they are FAST top to bottom
And they still log the same kind of ice-time as the stars in Ottawa.

Old
02-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
Wow. Many of you are posting your team is fast because of marginal players like Chimera, Gelinas, Ference etc.
Well this thread is about SPEED not effectiveness...

BTW, Iginla, Saprykin and Lydman are all impact players. Others (ie. Donovan, Clark, ect) utalize their speed to pressure the other team in their own zone (an aggresive trap, if you will) so while some may not be offensive dynamo's, their speed is still put to good use.

Old
02-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Looger

clark and donovan have WHEELS

especially donovan. gelinas, lydman, ference, conroy, saprykin, all above-average speedsters for sure.

the main difference in my opinion, besides goaltending, for calgary this year is speed on the supporting lines. these guys really fly.

Old
02-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Boomhower

I give the nod to the Sharks......

Before someone thinks of starting a "slowest team" thread, I'll save you the time, It's easily Detroit.

Closed Thread