HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brière's rumour from RDS

Old
06-13-2007, 01:23 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canindian View Post
I don't want Brière and Koivu on the same team...

If Gainey signs Brière, I hope he will convince Saku to be traded to SJ (and his best friend Rivet's paradise) for Marleau. Then, we have the right centermen combo with Brière-Marleau-Plekanec-Lapierre or Chipchura.

Now why on Earth would San Jose want to trade Marleau for Koivu? Did Wilson suddenly wake-up a ******? Jesus-Christ please think before making posts like that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
The Habs need SIZE down the middle... so we go out and get Brière?

Makes sense to me...
THe key is to get size and BRiere. I think we should also try our luck with Hanzus and Hartnell.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 02:01 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
If Briere is still available july 1st there will be an offer made by Gainey. Altough he isn't the mythical savior he may be seen as, he is an elite level talent, talent that is sorely lacking on this team.

Why this many weaknesses in the team not one player can solve everything. That said, when a player brings part of what you need and the opportunity is there you need to take it.
Getting a player of that caliber is rare enough, along with not having not give any assets besides cap space, and many teams realise that. I believe we have less than a snowball's chance in hell at getting Briere but there's no doubt however gets him after july 1st will have to go through us and will overpay dearly.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 03:36 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Taken on Spector's mailbag:

"Claude" sends in the following on Daniel Briere: "heard tonight (Monday) on rds Gaston Therrien was this week end at the golf tournament of Alain Brisson good friend of Briere and he asked if briere receive an offer from the sabre and Briere answer was that he as not receive an offer or a telephone call from the sabre at the end of the tournament Briere was given a shirt of the Montreal Canadien with the number 48".

http://www.spectorshockey.net/rumors.html
Briere is like the kid in The Sweater. He got the wrong jersey under the tree and had to wear that ugly sperm buffalo.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 03:38 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Now why on Earth would San Jose want to trade Marleau for Koivu? Did Wilson suddenly wake-up a ******? Jesus-Christ please think before making posts like that.
I would trade Marleau for Koivu in a heartbeat. Marleau is a gaping kitty-cat. Koivu is a warrior. Big difference. San Jose needs defense though (and not Rivet...lol).

Old
06-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
If we sign Briere, I will stop being a fan of the team.

I have never said that, even during the lean years. I feel really strongly that Briere will be a worse signing than Samsonov.

Believe it or not, Samsonov had more of a track record for the contract he signed with Montreal, than the one that Briere will get this off-season (Datsyuk money).
You nalied it on the head. The same fans that are clamoring for Briere will be screaming for the Habs to chase him out of town by Christmas. Briere is 30 years old and has had one and half good years. He was on waivers. Briere is a good player but no way does he deserve the money that's being tossed around. Samsonov has had a better career than Briere.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
First thing I thought of when you mentioned that:

Let's trade for Martin St.Louis and Steve Sullivan now !
The one on the right kind of looks like Briere too...

Old
06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You nalied it on the head. The same fans that are clamoring for Briere will be screaming for the Habs to chase him out of town by Christmas. Briere is 30 years old and has had one and half good years. He was on waivers. Briere is a good player but no way does he deserve the money that's being tossed around. Samsonov has had a better career than Briere.
you never hear something about the new NHL rules ? The rule were made to help fast and creative players .

And who care that Briere was waved few years ago ? geez , he was the 10 th best scorer of the NHL this season .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 05:35 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
And Briere is a smock not better than those two others. Just remove your White/Blue glasses there are good hockeys players outside of Quebec
oh yeah ?

and how many of the 9 players that had a better production than Briere this season , are free agent first july ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
you never hear something about the new NHL rules ? The rule were made to help fast and creative players .
Fat lot of good that did for Ottawa against the ducks...

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Fat lot of good that did for Ottawa against the ducks...
Anaheim isn't a slow team they could keep up with Ottawa and had the advantage in size that's why they won.

Bobby Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 06:19 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
The one on the right kind of looks like Briere too...
And the one on left looks like Lou Lamoriello

Props to the one who brought that up in a player ressemblance thread.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
Anaheim isn't a slow team they could keep up with Ottawa and had the advantage in size that's why they won.
Of course. My fault but I wasn't implying that the Ducks were slow. You are right that the Ducks were fast enough to keep up with the Sens and were much more larger team, so yes, I know why they won. Just commenting on the creativity part. The much creatively superior Sens looked like the Leafs against the big strong Ducks, it was rather disheartening in that sense. Frankly, the Habs would have had absolutely no chance to beat the Ducks if they so happens to make it to the finals (unless Huet becomes god in net...).

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Of course. My fault but I wasn't implying that the Ducks were slow. You are right that the Ducks were fast enough to keep up with the Sens and were much more larger team, so yes, I know why they won. Just commenting on the creativity part. The much creatively superior Sens looked like the Leafs against the big strong Ducks, it was rather disheartening in that sense. Frankly, the Habs would have had absolutely no chance to beat the Ducks if they so happens to make it to the finals (unless Huet becomes god in net...).
dont you mean unless huet becomes CAREY PRICE in net

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:56 PM
deandebean

I was at the tourney, and the shirt stuff was just a joke. Most of the people attending the golf tourney were hockey people from the GAtineau area. And most are Habs fans. Nothing to it. Wow, talk about making a big fuss for just a joke.

Besides, forget about Montreal. He's not that fond of it.

By the way, he signed a deal with a local car dealership, Kollbec to be precise, and got a new Nitro. Does that mean that he just dropped the Lexus deal he had in Buffalo? Mmmm....

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote