HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To the recent influx of Non-Predators Posters

Old
06-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
To the recent influx of Non-Predators Posters

Stop trolling our threads, especially ones which aim to give people information about how they can help save the Predators. Quite frankly, we don't care where you would want to move the team. Or how Balsillie is going to save the NHL by moving another team to Canada. Or how Bettman has ruined the sport forever by trying to expand hockey.

You are all entitled to your opinions, but please stop using them in inappropriate places.

We don't troll your boards, especially questioning your market.

Stop posting the same article in 15 places, announcing happily our doom.

We've constantly had to deal with crap on these boards, especially in the Business of Hockey section. Quite frankly, if we wanted to get into stuff like that, we'd go to that part of the forums.

I've tried to fight that battle, defending our city against inaccuracies posted in other parts of these boards, but to no avail. People simply believe what they want. I've learned my lesson. If we wanted to debate how well off the NHL would be with a team in Canada, we'll go to the Business of Hockey section.

This was the one place where I didn't have to deal with idiots but of course now everyone is dancing and spitting on us as our team is likely on the way out.

I think you'll find alot of Predators fans who would like to see some more Canadian teams. Just not at the expense of ours.

Give us a break and stop rubbing it in our faces.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 06-14-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 12:50 PM
bcrt2000

I've tried to be respectful in my posts and I'm sure others have. And at the same time, Predators fans should be respectful to hockey fans from Southern Ontario who want to see another hockey team there. There have been bad apples on both sides of the fence.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 01:01 PM
th3icefalcon

I agree with that. They should not be putting all this relocation stuff on the Predator's boards, it is the one place where it should be about the NASHVILLE predators and not speculation about what will happen next, and the gloating about how hockey doesn't belong in the South needs to stop, especially here.

th3icefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
I've tried to be respectful in my posts and I'm sure others have. And at the same time, Predators fans should be respectful to hockey fans from Southern Ontario who want to see another hockey team there. There have been bad apples on both sides of the fence.
I don't know that the Predators board is the place for fans from Southern Ontario who want to see another hockey team there to be pushing the idea right now. They're trying to save their team; they really shouldn't have to put up with people posting the perspective from "the other side of the fence" on their own board.

Just my $.02, and worth about what you paid for it.

Study hard. Be evil.
bflohockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
So we're supposed to just say, hey,come take our team? This is the wrong place and especially the wrong time to come and get our opinion about a team in Southern Ontario.

Again, I think you'll find alot of Predators fans supportive of some more Canadian teams. Just not at the expense of ours. We understand Canada has had some teams leave, but you cannot blame us for that nor think that by moving a team back to Canada that you are sticking one to us in some kind of "conflict".

And if you have met some bad apples, its likely because people have come boasting about the team perhaps moving to Canada.

Its timing.

Again, take your gloating elsewhere.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Paincakes

An expansion to Winnipeg and QC would kick ass in my opinion, I just dont want it to be the Preds moving anywhere.

I agree with Stranger's above posts, just leave us alone.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 02:23 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by just hockeygirl View Post
I don't know that the Predators board is the place for fans from Southern Ontario who want to see another hockey team there to be pushing the idea right now. They're trying to save their team; they really shouldn't have to put up with people posting the perspective from "the other side of the fence" on their own board.

Just my $.02, and worth about what you paid for it.
Well as long as people are respectful I think anyone discussing anything Predator related belongs on the Predators board.

Old
06-14-2007, 03:06 PM
AxeMan816

Being a Buffalonian transplanted to Atlanta about 5 years ago, hockey in the South is doing much better than I would have personally thought. I think its great.

I dont think Ontario really needs another team. Hopefully Mr Golisano in Buffalo and the controlling powers of Leaf Nation can get enough of the other owners behind them to prevent that sort of a move. Or even better, keep that a**clown from buying a hockey team.

Im neither pro or con expansion, but if the NHL wants to get into other markets, then add two teams. Dont let some jerk come in and wipe out a team with his cash.
Give teams back to Winnipeg or Hartford, or expand to Vegas or maybe Seattle or Portland.

AxeMan816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 03:07 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Well as long as people are respectful I think anyone discussing anything Predator related belongs on the Predators board.
There is plenty of discussion of your points in the Business forum - there is a lot of Preds talk going on over there. Apparently posters in here don't need the same tripe spilling over into their forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentSt
But at the same time, I'm happy to see more teams in Canada. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of American expansion in cities where MAYBE 10,000 care about the team. Where in Canada, you know you'll have undying support.
Assuming you read the first post, since you quoted it, and you proceeded to post this remark anyway?

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Stephen

Quote:
And at the same time, Predators fans should be respectful to hockey fans from Southern Ontario who want to see another hockey team there. There have been bad apples on both sides of the fence.
I don't think that's fair to ask of Nashville fans. I'd be very, very upset to see outsiders posting on the fate of my team and its potential relocation too. It just doesn't seem like a very respectful thing to do to freely discuss the end of the Predators on a board full of Preds fans.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 04:19 PM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

Quote:
There's nothing respectful about people posting how glad they'll be to see another team in Canada or how they hate the NHL expanding to newer markets. Frankly, I don't think the Preds fans "have" to be respectful to anyone coming here to say they're glad the team might be moved. That sort of thing is a slap in the face to the Predators fans and it doesn't belong on their board.

There are discussions ad nauseam about this on the main NHL board and the Business of Hockey board. People wanting to discuss what they perceive as the "bright side" to all of this can do it there.

(FTR, I'm not pointing a finger at you - just responding to your comment in a more general sense.)

bflohockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 06:49 PM
PredDave

Quote:
You are so freakin' blind! This board is not a place for pumping up Ontarioans (is that even a word?)!!! Pretending to offer pity and then inserting jabs is not going to fly here...

GO AWAY! Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:06 PM
iloveyouzac

Quote:
And at the same time, Predators fans should be respectful to hockey fans from Southern Ontario who want to see another hockey team there.
In the Business of Hockey section, maybe. Here, no.

iloveyouzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
This is the Preds board...not a neutral one.

If you want to go into the "I'm happy for Canada" diatribe, that's fine, but do it on a neutral board and not here. Not only do they not want to see it here...they shouldn't have to see it here.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Southern Oil

Well I for one feel for the Preds. I am an Oil fan and while I think Canada should have more teams I think they should be expansion clubs. I am sick and tired of teams moving and I don't think we have given the South enough of a chance. For the record, I was born in Edmonton, lived for 10 years in London, ON and for the past 6 have lived here in the ATL.

- my Oilers almost left town in the mid 90s. It changed the way that I look at these things. For sure if they did in fact skip to Houston (Less Alexander was the rumored buyer) I would still watch hockey, but the NHL would never again be a passion.
- I like the fact that I can take in a game in the ATL once in a while even though I am not a huge Thrasher fan. Some relocated Northerners often go up to Nashville to catch a Western conference game and they have nothing but good things to say about the experience. I would like to do this at some point as well.
- If teams are still moving locals, it basically means that the Thrashers can also move (which would obviously disappoint me - my son is 10 months old and I would like one day to take him to a game) but it also means that my Oilers can be relocated as well (which would forever cloud the way that I look at the sport.)

Finally - I am getting a little bit pissed at Bassille (spelling?). Fine if you buy the Preds and tell them that you won't move them as long as there is a lease, as long as there are people buying tickets. But then to negotiate with Hamilton? Are you kidding me? Sorry for saying but I have lost all respect for the guy in this instance. I wouldn't mind seeing him an owner of an expansion team but not the Preds. Go F off.

All that I can say is go Preds (as long as you don't win at the expense of the Oilers). Go buy some tickets. Support the team and make it impossible for him to move the club.

Southern Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I am now at this juncture:

IF I think it is trolling, its deleted.
If I know it is trolling, your getting an infraction, and depending on the post, removal from this forum.

06-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Oil View Post
Well I for one feel for the Preds. I am an Oil fan and while I think Canada should have more teams I think they should be expansion clubs.
I agree with this guy. It would kick major ass to have the jets and nords back, but only with expansion. Hamilton could get one for all i care, as long as it is not us, of course.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 09:44 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

It's especially annoying when people who have never posted once in here come in with 'new information' regarding our situation, even though much of it is crap we already know.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Firefighter Havok

Send a message via AIM to Firefighter Havok Send a message via MSN to Firefighter Havok
As a representative of the Penguins board, we feel your pain, and we hope that your franchise will not go anywhere. Jim sillyballs tried to pry our team from us, and he realized that he tried to pry it away the wrong way. Unfortunately, Mr. Sillyballs has decied to try it with your franchise the correct way, going through the correct procedures, and now it's up to the board of governors to stop it, then come territorial rights by buffalo and toronto. Buffalo will not block, however I believe might be your saving grace. One thing the leafs management hate the most is someone cutting in their action. I think the sale will go through, however I'd be hard pressed to believe that toronto will give it a vote of confidence.

Good luck, I'll be wishing for Jim Sillyballs to get voted down by the BoG on the sale.

To all the Preds fans, your in for a long summer.

Firefighter Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 10:26 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
This is the Preds board...not a neutral one.

If you want to go into the "I'm happy for Canada" diatribe, that's fine, but do it on a neutral board and not here. Not only do they not want to see it here...they shouldn't have to see it here.
Right, its a Preds board. So if people want to discuss Preds, shouldn't they be able to discuss the possibility of them moving? Unless you want to designate this as the Nashville board. In that case, the description of the Business of Hockey forum needs to be updated. Currently its:

"Financial aspects of hockey. Lockout and CBA-related discussion goes here."

I'd say it needs to add relocation/expansion related discussion to the subtitle as well. If so, then at least theres some sense to not posting in the Preds forum.

By the way, I mentioned respectful posting. Some people here (not directed at you) think that I mean people rubbing it in the face of Nashville fans. Thats not what I'm all about. I never have ever meant to disrespect any of the hockey fans in Nashville. All hockey fans are the same at heart to me.

Old
06-14-2007, 11:17 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Right, its a Preds board.
It's actually the Nashville Predators section of the board, go to the main section and see for yourself.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 11:58 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
It's actually the Nashville Predators section of the board, go to the main section and see for yourself.
I know what its literally named . I was debating the purpose of the board. Whether or not the discussion of Balsillie, the possible default of the Lease, or the relocation of the Nashville Predators is fair game or not in the forum that is dedicated to the Nashville Predators. And all of this discussion should be in a respectful manner and not anything else. Being hostile to others (whether north or south of the border) doesn't do anything to affect the status of the Predators.

I guess the jury has spoken then. Not many want these issues to be discussed here.

Last edited by bcrt2000: 06-15-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old
06-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

I guess I am guilty of trolling but not because I want to see the Preds moved. I hate seeing any city lose their team and I will sign or lend my support if it helps keep the Predators in Nashville. Actually I hate you guys!! I am a Bluejackets fan and you kicked our arse all 8 times last year!! But its a good rivalry forming and I'd hate to see it end. I've been to Nashville several times and its a fun city. Hopefully your city leaders will do what it takes to keep the team there.

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 12:57 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I know what its literally named . I was debating the purpose of the board. Whether or not the discussion of Balsillie, the possible default of the Lease, or the relocation of the Nashville Predators is fair game or not in the forum that is dedicated to the Nashville Predators. And all of this discussion should be in a respectful manner and not anything else. Being hostile to others (whether north or south of the border) doesn't do anything to affect the status of the Predators.

I guess the jury has spoken then. Not many want these issues to be discussed here.
It's not that they can't be discussed, and it's not ignorance of facts or glossing these things over...but to use an analogy,

Say you have a friend whose husband has just passed from lung cancer. You COULD say, "I'm so sorry for your loss, but, he DID smoke like a dragon...and at least now, they can harvest his hair for other people that won't be so careless with their life"

It's just a little bereft of tact.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
It's not that they can't be discussed, and it's not ignorance of facts or glossing these things over...but to use an analogy,

Say you have a friend whose husband has just passed from lung cancer. You COULD say, "I'm so sorry for your loss, but, he DID smoke like a dragon...and at least now, they can harvest his hair for other people that won't be so careless with their life"

It's just a little bereft of tact.
It's like if things were going poorly with your girlfriend and people around you started talking about asking her out in your presence. There's no need for Preds fans to be respectful of any of that bs.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote