HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone have a fork?

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 10:40 PM
BigPoppa

vCash: 500
Anyone have a fork?

well, i hate to say it but being shut out in back to back games when you are struggling for your playoff lives doesnt look promising.
I said earlier today that if the Blues lost today, they would likely miss playoffs, and i think that it will be a difficult uphill climb for the Blues now.

This is just getting rediculous. A team that was near the top of the league and touted as a possible Stanley Cup contender after 30 games, and now look at them.

I think the biggest mistake that was made was cutting loose Stillman, Rucinsky, and even Bure. I would say that the Blues will go into sell mode now rather than try to get a winger for Weight, or any other player for that matter.

Old
02-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Zeta16

People may say I have a defeatist mindset here, but it is time to start looking to the future. I don't want to see the Blues giving their future away to get beat like a red headed step-child in the first round by the Wings, or Av's. Let's bring a hope for the future not a stale painful beating in the first round.

Old
02-29-2004, 10:57 PM
BigPoppa

I agree, i dont think the blues should empty the bank again to "just make the playoffs". I think it is time to unload the spare parts for some picks, and prospects make a little noise with regard to FA's to at least get some scoring depth and have a go of it next year (if there is a season, if not whenever the NHL starts up again).

Old
02-29-2004, 11:08 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa
I agree, i dont think the blues should empty the bank again to "just make the playoffs". I think it is time to unload the spare parts for some picks, and prospects make a little noise with regard to FA's to at least get some scoring depth and have a go of it next year (if there is a season, if not whenever the NHL starts up again).

Sounds good to me. And i dont mean dismantling the team though. Just get what you can for the middle teir guys. Keep the quality players.

Old
02-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Plager05

Well I think the Blues can do one of three things.

1. Trade Everyone, we're not winning.
2. Trade Demitra for a couple of young forwards at the deadline (eat all his salary if you have too) and hope they bring some energy and revitalize the offense.
3. Get a Weinrich type acquisition for the offense and hope things go well from there, still mostly counting on the team returning to early season form.

What would we get for guys like Drake, Mellanby, Demitra, Baron, Finley, Mayers, and maybe Osgood or Weight though?

Old
02-29-2004, 11:38 PM
BigPoppa

Quote:
What would we get for guys like Drake, Mellanby, Demitra, Baron, Finley, Mayers, and maybe Osgood or Weight though?

The Blues made an acqusition last season that makes what we would get for these players very valuable. his name is Jarmo Kekalainen. What we could get for Drake, Mellanby, and Mayers could become very valuable with Jarmo on board.

I would say the reason that Jarmo was brought to the club was because of his success in Ottawa. In Ottawa he helped build the team through the draft. If we would like to see the same type of results in St. Louis we have to get picks for Jarmo to work with.

I think we will be stuck with Finley, Baron. And i would say keep Weight and Demitra. But if we had to move someone, move Demitra, i say this for two reasons. One being the fact that Weight, IMO, is a more complete player, in other words he plays tough. and the other is i think Demitra will bring more in a trade.

Closed Thread