HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

If there was a Rangers firesale....

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
If there was a Rangers firesale....

Hi, I'm an Oilers fan, but follow the Rangers due to the many exOilers on the team. After reading the many many Rangers proposals, I wanted to see what you guys thought of a new Rangers team for 2005 after the firesale... and is it any better? Would you cheer a team filled with youthful promise but with many youthful mistakes?

A couple of these trade proposals had the Rangers moderator
SingnBluesOnBroadway approval, so I wanted to give it a shot as Rangers GM.

I hope I don't flamed too badly... but I am honestly trying to be fair. Ok here goes.
============================================

1) Kovalev
To NYR: R. Turek, D. Gauthier, and EricNystrom (21 yo two way left winger. )
To CAL: Kovalev and Purinton.

2) Simon & Dunham
to col: simon & dunham
to nyr: boychuk (20 yr old 2nd round defensive prospect) & C. Macallister (28 yo 5/6 defensive dman)

3) Barnaby
to col: barnaby
to nyr: S. Moore (25 yr old 2nd round centreman - pest and Dominic's bro)

4) Holik
Holik is a tremendous asset in the playoffs, and The Devils wouldn't be the only interested team.

To NJ: Holik at $5 million
To NYR: Matt DeMarchi (22 yo hitting dman), Rupp (24 yo power centre), 2nd round pick

5) Messier
To det: messier, Chris McAllister (depth dman) from the Colorado trade, 2nd round pick from NJ trade
To nyr: Jiri Hudler

6) Mirinov
trade B. Mironov for a 4-6 round pick somewheres.

7) Huselius
to NYR: K. Huselius
to FLA: 2nd round (NYR), 4th-6th rounder for Mirinov and L. Nycholat

8) Jagr
He is untradeable. Who could afford him?

LW
traded away Simon, Barnaby. waive Hlavac
C
traded away Holik. Lindros will probably retire.
RW
traded away Kovalev.
Defense
Malakhov retires. Purinton traded away.

New Lineup
Rucinsky - Nedved - Jagr
Huselius - Hudler - Lundmark
D.Moore - Rupp - S. Moore
Lacouture - G. Murray - Ortmeyer

DeVries - Leetch
Gauthier - Poti
Tyutin - Kasparitius
Bouchard/M. deMarchi

R. Turek
J. Markkanen

Top Prospects:
Eric Nystrom (strong two way winger)
Jonny Boychuk (defensive dman)
Hugh Jessiman

Analysis: The #1 line remains unchanged. With Jagr, Rucinsky and Nedved, the Rangers have a legitimate top scoring line that can match most teams.

The #2 line is younger but its giving 2nd chances to Lundmark, Hudler and Huselius. Jiri Hudler has exceptional skills, Huselius has scored for Florida before. They offer nice elements of speed and skill. These kids just need gametime.

The #3 line with the Moore brothers and Rupp should be an interesting mix. Rupp may be a nice power centre on this line, S. Moore the pest and D. Moore some skills.

On defense, deVries, Leetch are solid. Gauthier and Kaspar should be the mean hitting machines. Poti will give some more offensive spark, paired up with either Gauthier or Kasper, makes up for Poti's lack of crease clearing. DeMarchi is another big hitter on defense. Scary.

At net, Turek is Large. Once upon a time, he was a bonafide #1 goalie. Could he be worse than this year's combo?

Lastly, prospects such as Eric Nystrom, DeMarchi, Jessiman, and Boychuk will develop nicely for the Rangers in the future.

Versus

Old Lineup
Rucinsky - Nedved - Jagr
Simon - Holik - Kovalev
Barnaby - Messier - Ortmeyer
Lacouture/Hlavac - Lundmark - MacDonald

G. DeVries - Leetch
V.Malakhov - Mironov
D. Purinton - Poti
D.Kasparaitis - Bouchard

M.Dunham
J.Markkanen

Prospects
Nycholat, Tyutin
Hugh Jessiman

Old
02-27-2004, 08:19 PM
rickyrod

i'd go for a few of those, but i doubt glen will.
could be interesting have the moore brothers on the same line.

i dont think holik is going anywhere since jagr has professed his love for him, though he isn't completely off limits. he and jagr have obviously clicked, and i'd be weary of breaking that combo up.

i'd do the messier trade in a heartbeat, but mess has to be willing to go for that to happen most likely.

Old
02-28-2004, 03:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Hi, I'm an Oilers fan, but follow the Rangers due to the many exOilers on the team. After reading the many many Rangers proposals, I wanted to see what you guys thought of a new Rangers team for 2005 after the firesale... and is it any better? Would you cheer a team filled with youthful promise but with many youthful mistakes?

I hope I don't flamed too badly... but I am honestly trying to be fair. Ok here goes.

1) Kovalev

2) Simon & Dunham
to nyr: boychuk (20 yr old 2nd round defensive prospect) & C. Macallister (28 yo 5/6 defensive dman)

3) Barnaby

4) Holik
Holik is a tremendous asset in the playoffs, and The Devils wouldn't be the only interested team.

To NYR: Matt DeMarchi (22 yo hitting dman), Rupp (24 yo power centre), 2nd round pick

5) Messier
To det: messier, Chris McAllister (depth dman) from the Colorado trade, 2nd round pick from NJ trade

6) Mirinov

7) Huselius

8) Jagr

LW
C
RW
traded away Kovalev.
Defense

New Lineup
Rucinsky - Nedved - Jagr

DeVries - Leetch
Gauthier - Poti
Tyutin - Kasparitius
Bouchard/M. deMarchi

R. Turek
J. Markkanen

Top Prospects:
Hugh Jessiman

Analysis: The #1 line remains unchanged. With Jagr, Rucinsky and Nedved, the Rangers have a legitimate top scoring line that can match most teams.

The #2 line is younger but its giving 2nd chances to Lundmark, Hudler and Huselius. Jiri Hudler has exceptional skills, Huselius has scored for Florida before. They offer nice elements of speed and skill. These kids just need gametime.

The #3 line with the Moore brothers and Rupp should be an interesting mix. Rupp may be a nice power centre on this line, S. Moore the pest and D. Moore some skills.

On defense, deVries, Leetch are solid. Gauthier and Kaspar should be the mean hitting machines. Poti will give some more offensive spark, paired up with either Gauthier or Kasper, makes up for Poti's lack of crease clearing. DeMarchi is another big hitter on defense. Scary.

At net, Turek is Large. Once upon a time, he was a bonafide #1 goalie. Could he be worse than this year's combo?

Lastly, prospects such as Eric Nystrom, DeMarchi, Jessiman, and Boychuk will develop nicely for the Rangers in the future.

Versus

Old Lineup
Rucinsky - Nedved - Jagr
Simon - Holik - Kovalev

G. DeVries - Leetch
V.Malakhov - Mironov
D. Purinton - Poti
D.Kasparaitis - Bouchard

M.Dunham
J.Markkanen

Prospects
Nycholat, Tyutin
Hugh Jessiman

I'd do the Calgary and Colorado deals but not the Devils or Florida deals.

02-28-2004, 05:36 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69

1) Kovalev

2) Simon & Dunham

3) Barnaby

4) Holik

5) Messier

6) Mirinov

7) Huselius

8) Jagr

LW
C
RW
traded away Kovalev.
Defense

New Lineup
Rucinsky - Nedved - Jagr

DeVries - Leetch
Gauthier - Poti
Tyutin - Kasparitius
Bouchard/M. deMarchi

R. Turek
J. Markkanen

Top Prospects:
Hugh Jessiman

Versus

Old Lineup
Rucinsky - Nedved - Jagr
Simon - Holik - Kovalev

G. DeVries - Leetch
V.Malakhov - Mironov
D. Purinton - Poti
D.Kasparaitis - Bouchard

M.Dunham
J.Markkanen

Prospects
Nycholat, Tyutin
Hugh Jessiman
You don't know enough about the Rangers for me to listen to you.

Old
02-28-2004, 06:42 PM
NYIsles1*

Rangers have the need to unload more than opposition and not dealing from strength because of salaries of players they are trying to move. Has Sather ever in his career been in this spot at a trade deadline?

Very complicated trades.

1, Why would the calgary flames with good chemistry (with a seven million dollar forward in Iginla) headed to the playoffs trade Gauthier and Nystrom for a six million dollar player who is going right back to unrestricted free agency after this season and had a horrible year? Why would they want a defender who is almost unplayable in the Eastern Conference (as opposed to the more open West) who refused to go to the AHL this year and was sitting for months?

Why would the Rangers want Turek when Markanen is even a better alternative as a backup.

2. Why would the Avalance give up the top defensive propspect in their system and another defender for a backup goalie to Aebischer and an enforcer who was an unrestricted free agent last summer and has been drifting around for several years since he left Washington especially when Worrell is in that organization? I'll give the edge to Simon over Worrell because he is having a good year but it seems like a small upgrade at best.

Philpe Sauve was the MVP of the young stars game and has been in the Nhl all season, Dunham's contract makes no sense for Colorado either and he has never been in a playoff, same as Sauve.

3. Colorado has Peter Worrell and rumor is they would like to upgrade. Is Barnaby worth trading a quality prospect for when it will create a numbers game for Colorado? Has Barnaby ever played in the Western Conference?

4. Fair enough offer for Holik, but Lou Lamoriello will not take him back. Not his style or how he operates. I think he will try and get a team to trade for Leetch's rights and work a second deal to bring him to the Devils because he can keep him next season. Ahonen has been sitting behind Brodeur for years and needs an NHL team.

5. Messier is worth a mid-late round pick at best. He would likely want to play in New York or Edmonton only if there is no work stoppage and may not want to return if Sather is fired because he is his friend. Detroit is not moving Hudler for a player with two goals in about twenty games who looks like he is worn down in the second half of every season. Would Messier have to be captain on a set team this late in a season?

6. Mironov sounds about right for a rental. The fact he was scratched against the Isles says his time is running out plus Tjutin should play every game and looks great.

7. Huselius for Nycholat a second and a rental in Mironov is not enough. He makes a reasonable salary for Florida and rumor was Parrish for him earlier in December and that was too much for the Isles to give. RicK Dudley will not do that one.

Not bad, just too much given from the other side in many deals.

Old
02-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Gaebriel

7) Huselius

Yeah right. A 2nd rounder a worthless 4-6th rounder and a throw away for Huselius who is just now coming out of his slump? Why would we ever do that in a million years?

Old
02-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Holik isn't going anywhere his contract makes him untradeable

Old
02-28-2004, 09:38 PM
allrevvedup25

come on everyone, we all know that there will be no "FIRESALE". That would admit that Sather was wrong and that he is to blame. He is waiting to long to unload the veterans and personnally I want Leetch to stay (favorite player). He won't bring back a good enough return so we might as well keep him.

Old
02-28-2004, 09:44 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
He is waiting to long to unload the veterans and personnally I want Leetch to stay (favorite player). He won't bring back a good enough return so we might as well keep him.
Like i alluded to in the game-day thread. I don't think that Sather is waiting too long rather then other GMs would rather try and go with other options before settling for what the Rangers have.

Old
02-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Like i alluded to in the game-day thread. I don't think that Sather is waiting too long rather then other GMs would rather try and go with other options before settling for what the Rangers have.
Don't you mean the other GM's would rather deal with someone who is not so condescending and full of himself?

I have a bad feeling that Sather will not be able to get nearly as much as we hope or as he should if he wasn't such an ass.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
I'm curious, with Rafalski now looking like he might be done for a while if not the whole season, how much would Lou have to give up for you guys to be able to stomach Leetch in a Devils unie?

This should be good.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:18 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
I'm curious, with Rafalski now looking like he might be done for a while if not the whole season, how much would Lou have to give up for you guys to be able to stomach Leetch in a Devils unie?

This should be good.
It would really hurt to see him in a Devil jersey, but an offer of Parise and a 1st would be mighty tempting.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
It would really hurt to see him in a Devil jersey, but an offer of Parise and a 1st would be mighty tempting.
Thats what I figured!

Old
02-28-2004, 11:26 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Thats what I figured!
Lets try this...how much would Sather have to give up for you guys to be able to stomach Niedermayer in a Ranger uni?

This should be good! :p

Old
02-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Lets try this...how much would Sather have to give up for you guys to be able to stomach Niedermayer in a Ranger uni?

This should be good! :p
Jessiman, Dawes and two number ones. And believe me it's something I have always feared happening too but not in a trade but as a UFA.

Old
02-28-2004, 11:38 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Jessiman, Dawes and two number ones. And believe me it's something I have always feared happening too but not in a trade but as a UFA.
Thats what I figured.

When is he a UFA anyway? I think he'd look great in red, white and blue. Sorry, just busting your chops.

Old
02-29-2004, 09:11 AM
Grizzly

Quote:
Thats what I figured.

When is he a UFA anyway? I think he'd look great in red, white and blue. Sorry, just busting your chops.
I don't think Niedermeir is ready to retire yet.

Old
02-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Thats what I figured.

This year, and if he does go anywhere it might be Vancouver, he is a B.C. boy who loves the mountians.

Old
03-01-2004, 12:32 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
Don't you mean the other GM's would rather deal with someone who is not so condescending and full of himself?

I have a bad feeling that Sather will not be able to get nearly as much as we hope or as he should if he wasn't such an ass.
Well that too!

Closed Thread