HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Potulny

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
  #1
northdakota
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Ryan Potulny

Do you guys think the Flyers will re-sign him? Also, how much money is he looking at making? thanks

northdakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
  #2
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,350
vCash: 500
Yes, I think he will be resigned, but not for significantly more than he's making right now(650k?). Better than a good number of the players we had on the roster last year (ie Fedoruk, York, Cote, Ruzicka, even Afenosenkov) but if we werent the worst team in the league, he would not be more than a depth player. His spot with the club will be pushed down as we sign free agents, and will probably spend most of his time on the fourth line.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 04:31 PM
  #3
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
I think he's probably looking at top line duties in the AHL if we sign some bigger name free agents. His QO will be $876,750.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 04:32 PM
  #4
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Yes, I think he will be resigned, but not for significantly more than he's making right now(650k?). Better than a good number of the players we had on the roster last year (ie Fedoruk, York, Cote, Ruzicka, even Afenosenkov) but if we werent the worst team in the league, he would not be more than a depth player. His spot with the club will be pushed down as we sign free agents, and will probably spend most of his time on the fourth line.
he has NHL scoring talent, i think he just needs a year (at wing) with the Phantoms and a few games via call up still.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
  #5
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
he has NHL scoring talent, i think he just needs a year (at wing) with the Phantoms and a few games via call up still.
Agreed. I see him as a good 2nd line LW, at worst a very, very good 3rd line scorer. He showed that wonderful skill of "the puck always seems to find him" and he just appears to have a nose for the net as some say. He wont hurt you defensively either. If they are going to make him a full time winger, then a year with the phantoms in that role would be great, although if he were in the NHL this year I think he gets 20-25 goals if given the ice time. I am a fan.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 09:57 AM
  #6
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
For those of you who don't remember it was him and not Kessel who lead their college team in scoring. His got scoring talent he just needs a little time either in the AHL or with someone to mentor him somewhat.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
  #7
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
For those of you who don't remember it was him and not Kessel who lead their college team in scoring.
That doesn't mean much, considering he's three years older than Kessel.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 05:15 PM
  #8
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
he has NHL scoring talent, i think he just needs a year (at wing) with the Phantoms and a few games via call up still.
He also has AHL skating and NCAA toughness. I just don't think he'll ever get significant minutes in the NHL.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 10:52 PM
  #9
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
He also has AHL skating and NCAA toughness. I just don't think he'll ever get significant minutes in the NHL.
Considering he's at this point an AHL player, I wouldn't say that's much of a knock on him. Downie's got the same skating, more toughness, and less scoring and everyone's in love with the guy.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 02:33 PM
  #10
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
He also has AHL skating and NCAA toughness. I just don't think he'll ever get significant minutes in the NHL.
i would be somewhat surprised if he wasn't a NHL regular... may not pan out, but i think he's going to be able to find his way onto a third line at worst.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 04:44 PM
  #11
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i would be somewhat surprised if he wasn't a NHL regular... may not pan out, but i think he's going to be able to find his way onto a third line at worst.
I agree. He has enough two way skills and hockey sense that I think he will almost definitely be an NHL player. His ceiling is a good 30-35 goal scorer on the 2nd line, but at worst I see him as a good 20 goal, two way guy on the third line. Maybe a good use of Richards playmaking skills on the 3rd line with someone like Downie on the other wing.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:05 PM
  #12
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I agree. He has enough two way skills and hockey sense that I think he will almost definitely be an NHL player. His ceiling is a good 30-35 goal scorer on the 2nd line, but at worst I see him as a good 20 goal, two way guy on the third line. Maybe a good use of Richards playmaking skills on the 3rd line with someone like Downie on the other wing.
I like Potulny as well and seem as a 35 to 40 goal scorer. You can always teach someone to play defense, but you just can't teach offense and Potulny really knows how to play with the puck and it really does seem to follow him when he's out there.

I really hope though they do the smart thing with him and send him to the AHL to play on the wing for the year. If he's only going to play on the third or fourth line and get minimal minutes, it won't do his development any good. I'd rather that the Flyers go with someone like Cabana then. The guy is the devil on skates and is an excellent defensive forward.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:29 PM
  #13
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I like Potulny as well and seem as a 35 to 40 goal scorer. You can always teach someone to play defense, but you just can't teach offense and Potulny really knows how to play with the puck and it really does seem to follow him when he's out there.

I really hope though they do the smart thing with him and send him to the AHL to play on the wing for the year. If he's only going to play on the third or fourth line and get minimal minutes, it won't do his development any good. I'd rather that the Flyers go with someone like Cabana then. The guy is the devil on skates and is an excellent defensive forward.
cant say that he will be a 35-40 just yet but i agree they need to try him at wing. then again they must feel that he is best served at center. if not i think they would have played him at wing last year even though the team struggles mightily. some people just cant switch postions. either way i keep him inthe ahl for the whole year unless he is just lights out

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2007, 08:27 AM
  #14
Flyerzz97
Registered User
 
Flyerzz97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Iladelph
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
So...yesterday i was in the mall. And it was like sports card day or something. There was a card there of Ryan Potulny, autographed I believe, going for $10. If i stop by there today, should I buy it? Also, is there anyone in the league right now, that is worth buying a card cheap to see his value sky rocket. E.x. Getzlaf, Brule. People like that.

Flyerzz97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2007, 08:46 AM
  #15
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
I haven't paid attention to sports cards in quite some time, but it was my understanding the general value of cards is not what it used to be.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2007, 11:04 AM
  #16
mitchell_neif*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerzz97 View Post
So...yesterday i was in the mall. And it was like sports card day or something. There was a card there of Ryan Potulny, autographed I believe, going for $10. If i stop by there today, should I buy it? Also, is there anyone in the league right now, that is worth buying a card cheap to see his value sky rocket. E.x. Getzlaf, Brule. People like that.
its 10 bucks why not. it'll be cool to have when potulney is tearing it up you can be like yeah check me out!

mitchell_neif* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2007, 11:41 AM
  #17
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,639
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerzz97 View Post
So...yesterday i was in the mall. And it was like sports card day or something. There was a card there of Ryan Potulny, autographed I believe, going for $10. If i stop by there today, should I buy it? Also, is there anyone in the league right now, that is worth buying a card cheap to see his value sky rocket. E.x. Getzlaf, Brule. People like that.
if its a card that was signed in person and not pulled out of a pack there is no real value to it, by that i mean there is value placed on it by the sports card guides.So the card is worth what someone thinks it is worth. So if you thinks its worth the 10 bucks buy the card.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2007, 01:03 PM
  #18
Flyerzz97
Registered User
 
Flyerzz97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Iladelph
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
iight. thanks guys. ill go back there today and check it out. these card retailers are always around.

Flyerzz97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2007, 11:39 PM
  #19
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I haven't paid attention to sports cards in quite some time, but it was my understanding the general value of cards is not what it used to be.
You are correct. I collected cards big time from like 88-96 with rookie cards such as Lemieux, Yzerman and then pretty much anyone that started between 90-95. They are worth basically crap now, but I still like having them as collectors items anyway.

Actually, the way things go in cycles, I keep thinking now might be the time to buy cards since no one is right now. 10-20 years from now or so, if the industry picks up again, not many people will have things from this time period cause no one wanted them, which is what makes things valuable.

Who knows!

I am a big believer in if you want it, and it is worth paying for, just get it. Dont worry about what anyone else thinks it is worth.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.