HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KEEP THE PREDS IN NASHVILLE, the official thread--we need your help!

Old
06-14-2007, 07:39 PM
GLARES*

vCash: 500
Save The Predators Benefit Concert & Auction 7/10

================================================== =============

T-shirts: Keep the Predators in Nashville

WOW! The pre-orders for these shirts are WAY more than I expected this soon. I just ordered another 250, and will likely order a couple thousand to be ready for the rally in July, but that will depend on sales volume here. I'm trying to keep up so there are no delays in getting your shirts to you ASAP, but please bear with me. I would expect that all pre-orders already placed by can be shipped by June 14, in plenty of time for the Preds Rally. Also, we will be at the Rally selling these. The largest sizes were ordered in smaller quantities and are running out - XXLs and XXXLs ordered after June 6 may be a little later to be shipped, but we'll get them to you before the rally - we promise.

ALL profit from these shirts will be donated to the Tickets for Charity program, initiated by SaveThePredators member John Fesler. Click here ( http://home.comcast.net/~37215/tix.htm ) for more info about John's efforts.

Thanks for your purchase. You're helping to keep The Predators in Nashville!

To buy t-shirts click here: http://home.comcast.net/~37215/shirt.htm

================================================== =============

WAYS TO HELP

http://www.savethepredators.com/

Forum: http://savethepreds.8.forumer.com/

http://www.ourteamnashville.com/

Sign the Petition: http://************************/19972007/petition.html

TEN WAYS YOU COULD HELP: http://savethepreds.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Write a letter to the editor of The Tennessean, The City Paper or both. In your letter, mention key things that will encourage fans and businesses to increase their support. Encourage readers who've never been to a Preds game to give it a try. Most first-timers are hooked and return to more games. Include reasons why The Predators are important to downtown businesses. Write to The Tennesean here: http://www.tennessean.com/opinion/po...t-editor.shtml. Write to The City Paper here: http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?screen=letter .

Call the NHL head office at 212-789-2000 to voice your opposition to the Predators leaving Nashville. The NHL keeps track of these calls and will relay them to the NHL Board of Governors. Make this conversation one that leaves a positive impression of our fans and city.

Take a friend to his/her first NHL game. It's addictive and it just might add a new season ticket holder to the ranks, or at least will encourage that person to buy a couple of seats during the season.

Discuss supporting the Predators with your employer, or if you are a business owner, consider buying tickets or adding to your current block. Predators tickets are powerful tools for businesses seeking new clients or as incentives for employees.

If you're a casual hockey fan, but enjoy the game, consider buying season tickets or an ice pack. Many people think it's cheaper to buy individual tickets, but it's not. The Predators have very attractive ticket packages and will arrange a payment plan to make the purchase easier to work into your budget.

If you're a season ticket holder, consider buying additional seats. Our team is good, so even if you can't use all of your seats, they are very easy to sell on eBay or through the Nashville Predators website. For the best results, try to sell them to someone who wasn't already planning to attend the game. For better results, give them to a friend who's never been to a hockey game.

If you are a season ticket holder and have friends who also are, go in together on a pair of high-end seats in the lower bowl. Take turns using the premium seats with your friends. You can sell or give away the unused seats.

Email at least ten friends who you think might be convinced to help keep the Nashville Predators in Nashville. Most people agree that they are very important to Nashville's businesses and image among US cities.

Fly your Predators car flags at all times and wave or honk to other fans who are doing the same. This serves as advertising to other motorists who haven't caught Predators fever yet.

Think positive thoughts. Don't even consider backing off on your support because The Preds might leave. Such thoughts are poison to the efforts to keep our team here. If you hear someone saying they might stop going to games, tell them why it's a bad idea. Even if the new owner only has to keep the team here for a couple of years, a lot could change in that time.

I KNOW there are more ideas out there. Please post them.

My suggestions:

Buy Bumper Stickers, car magnet,and license plates.

Car Magnet: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

License Plate: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

Plate Frame: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_txt

GLARES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2007, 08:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storminator16 View Post

Despite you inaccurately placing my loyalties: yes. I can live without it. There so much other important things in this world than a sport that continues to piss me off.
Well said man.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 01:21 PM
flyersfan420

you guys have the 3rd worst attendance level in the nhl... if they saty in nashville i ask myself for how long.. there is no market there... sure you get the die hard hockey fans.. but with a 2nd best team rolling into the playoffs and 3rd worst attendance.. now all of a sudden everyone wants to get back on the bandwagon to buy tickets.. i find it kind of humourous.. my flyers had better attendance and we finished LAST the whole season.. time to get outta dodge and find a market that will actually support the team... my apologies to all the die hard nashville fans

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 01:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan420 View Post
you guys have the 3rd worst attendance level in the nhl... if they saty in nashville i ask myself for how long.. there is no market there... sure you get the die hard hockey fans.. but with a 2nd best team rolling into the playoffs and 3rd worst attendance.. now all of a sudden everyone wants to get back on the bandwagon to buy tickets.. i find it kind of humourous.. my flyers had better attendance and we finished LAST the whole season.. time to get outta dodge and find a market that will actually support the team... my apologies to all the die hard nashville fans
You don't know the facts or the story behind them. Do some research, and you'll find that even fellow pompous hockey-snobs will admit that Nashville's fan support is fine, but corporate support(usually considered easier to generate than fan support) is where the problem lies.

Attendance has, as I've tirelessly pointed out, RISEN every year since the lockout(something that was supposed to kill hockey in non-traditional markets). There's a lot of money and business in Nashville. The resources are there, it will just take someone who knows how to reap them. If a local ownership group does come forward, they could do just that.

I'm not trying to come off as abrasive here, but it's getting tiring to hear from people who only know half the story that we're fighting an empty battle, that we should just let go and let the team go somewhere that "deserves" it more. There are a lot of very intelligent, very knowledgeable fans on this board...and we consider ourselves a realistic bunch. You're not coming to us with some overlooked new insight...if we thought that we'd be right back to square one in five years, we likely wouldn't be fighting as hard as we are.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan420 View Post
Oh for gods sake would you people leave us alone? Why are you coming here to insult us? Did we do anything to you? Do we deserve to get insulted because we are a growing market, and the fans that the team has obtained are wanting to get the team back because we know it will continue to grow? What is your ****ing problem?

Go away, we care not of the Flyers or their attendance either. You are nothing but a pathetic troll.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Marty30

I wish you guys the best of luck, you guys seem like great fans and i no how it feels to get ragged on all the time for attendance. Once again, good luck, and i really hope the preds stay.

Marty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty30 View Post
I wish you guys the best of luck, you guys seem like great fans and i no how it feels to get ragged on all the time for attendance. Once again, good luck, and i really hope the preds stay.
Thank you.

Old
06-17-2007, 05:19 PM
redwingz40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Pens fan here, actual written letters seemed to carry the most weight in our little situation. Also, I don't know what, if any, say your local politicians have in the matter. But if it's any at all, put the heat on them. Call the NHL offices. Above all, be polite and professional. You won't be taken seriously if you yell/scream/use foul language. I really hope you guys keep your team. Best of luck.

edit: Don't stop getting your season tix. The more people that quit on the team, the easier it will be to give credence to his excuse to move your team.
Renewals on season tickets are at 66%, many waiting to see what happens with the move. I dont think there will be that much of a drive to keep them by the fans, I used to live there, many of those people just dont care about hockey, which is sad. I remember last year when the Preds were in the thick of the playoff hunt, and the Titans signed David Givens, that made the front page of the Tennessean and was the headline on 104.5, when I called to ask why they dont spend more time talking about a playoff team, they said "Well you know this is football country" ... Just wants to make you shake your head in disgust.

redwingz40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

I really hope the Predators don't move.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 05:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingCapt19 View Post
Renewals on season tickets are at 66%, many waiting to see what happens with the move. I dont think there will be that much of a drive to keep them by the fans, I used to live there, many of those people just dont care about hockey, which is sad. I remember last year when the Preds were in the thick of the playoff hunt, and the Titans signed David Givens, that made the front page of the Tennessean and was the headline on 104.5, when I called to ask why they dont spend more time talking about a playoff team, they said "Well you know this is football country" ... Just wants to make you shake your head in disgust.
actually, the 66 percent is, as mentioned by the Tennessean, about the norm for this time of year. If you still lived in Nashville, you'd see that this has, if anything, woken people up. Now, it might just be because people feel like their backs are against the wall and they don't like it...and maybe the enthusiasm won't last, even if we are successful...but you can't be discouraged by what you're seeing around town, right now.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
GLARES*

So far the Predators have sold between 8700-9000 season tickets. They are hoping to sell 3000 more season tickets.

Old
06-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Casework

Just came across this thread..

While I'm not sure there's a lot I can do to help directly, I wanted to drop a note saying what a great time I had in Nashville this past year when I visited for a Blue Jackets game.

I would be greatly disappointed if I wasn't able to have that experience again.

You guys have a great city, team, and group of fans. I hope to be able to visit Nashville many times each season from now on.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post

While I'm not sure there's a lot I can do to help directly
You can buy me season tix..or at least put down a hefty down-payment.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
SkipStG

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.RUUTU37 View Post
So far the Predators have sold between 8700-9000 season tickets. They are hoping to sell 3000 more season tickets.
Well on our way. that is for sure

SkipStG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 09:06 AM
SkipStG

I love the save our Preds stuff, great work to all that have made it. The posters is great, I love seeing Gnash rock out on the guitar

SkipStG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 11:59 AM
GLARES*

UPDATED FLYER:

Old
06-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

I'm not a Preds fan, but I sure hope the Preds stay in Nashville. It'd be a shame for the fans to lose them after only a few years. Good luck and give 'em hell Preds fans!

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 02:24 PM
HoustonHockeyNut

Every team in every city in every sport has its die-hard fans, and even if they're not in the majority, those fans never "deserve" to lose a team.

Good luck to you guys.

HoustonHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 140
It sucks to lose a team you love. It really does.

Best of luck to your rally.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post

Thanks ... take not Ontario fans this is how you should act not like the vultures that have been posting over the last few weeks

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoyBoy View Post
Every team in every city in every sport has its die-hard fans, and even if they're not in the majority, those fans never "deserve" to lose a team.

Good luck to you guys.
Try to get anyone else outside Tennessee to get their arrogant head out of their ass and understand that.

Old
06-18-2007, 04:41 PM
leafsrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post

haha, you would know. but at least if they lose the Preds, they'll be going to a hockey market, not Arizona

leafsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsrok View Post
haha, you would know. but at least if they lose the Preds, they'll be going to a hockey market, not Arizona
At the end of the day, this really comforts me too...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 01:43 AM
XX
SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
At the end of the day, this really comforts me too...
Me too. Wait....

You guys suck.

Best wishes. I love watching the Preds play in the playoffs and despite their ownage of the Coyotes lately I wouldn't want to see them moved. If hockey can work in Carolina, Tampa Bay and Anaheim it can work in Nashville.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:36 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsrok View Post
If Nashville loses the Preds, the fans don't give a good god damn where they go.

The bottom line is that they wouldn't be the Nashville Predators any more...and that's the only thing that matters.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote