HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Bruce Lee vs any MMA fighter Who wins?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2007, 12:14 PM
  #26
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
In an mma fight he would have "a strikers chance"..

Which really is not much.
It was enough for Matt Serra...

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2007, 09:29 PM
  #27
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,323
vCash: 500
With training, he would be the cream of the crop against the 155 and 170 divisions. But lets not get carried away, the guy was barely 5'7'' and would get pounded by the heavy MMA fighters.

monster_bertuzzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
  #28
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
With training, he would be the cream of the crop against the 155 and 170 divisions. But lets not get carried away, the guy was barely 5'7'' and would get pounded by the heavy MMA fighters.
I agree, the guy wasn't superman. He had amazing agility but that won't help him if a 220 lb'er is pinning him against a cage and dropping elbows. A lot of Lee's moves would be illegal in MMA. Give him a year or two of MMA training and I think he would be the best at 155 and maybe 170.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2007, 08:43 PM
  #29
Phoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
Yeah, if it were a fight to kill, and especially if it were a street fight, Lee would win. Size is good, but the best fighters know how to turn an opponents size against them.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 01:28 AM
  #30
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust
 
cupcrazyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,715
vCash: 500
now the MMA has weight divisions but before that i would buy into the bigger guy would win theory .I remember UFC #1 when that 300/400 lb guy got a spin kick in the head from his smaller opponent and got his orbital bone broken in his face and big john stopped the match.bruce lee would not allow someone to take him to the mat and if it did happen he would lock the oppenants arm and make him tap out.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 09:26 AM
  #31
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
now the MMA has weight divisions but before that i would buy into the bigger guy would win theory .I remember UFC #1 when that 300/400 lb guy got a spin kick in the head from his smaller opponent and got his orbital bone broken in his face and big john stopped the match.bruce lee would not allow someone to take him to the mat and if it did happen he would lock the oppenants arm and make him tap out.
I could think of about a dozen heavyweights, and probably a similar amount of lightheavyweights who would have no problem with Lee, especially if the fight went to the ground.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
  #32
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
I could think of about a dozen heavyweights, and probably a similar amount of lightheavyweights who would have no problem with Lee, especially if the fight went to the ground.
For sure.

Not to take anything away from Lee but legends tend to grow as the years go by. Saying a 130lb'er with no ground game could beat Fedor, Cro Cop etc. in MMA is pretty ridiculous.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 12:14 PM
  #33
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
For sure.

Not to take anything away from Lee but legends tend to grow as the years go by. Saying a 130lb'er with no ground game could beat Fedor, Cro Cop etc. in MMA is pretty ridiculous.
Well, giving reference to UFC 1 to illuminate his point was his first mistake.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2007, 06:32 PM
  #34
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,222
vCash: 500
How would other Kung Fu stars compare? Jet Lee, Chan? How does someone like Tony Jaa compare to MMA fighters, and Bruce Lee?

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 06:25 AM
  #35
JonathanTwinkleToews
is a Canuck fan.
 
JonathanTwinkleToews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
How would other Kung Fu stars compare? Jet Lee, Chan? How does someone like Tony Jaa compare to MMA fighters, and Bruce Lee?
If that's Jackie Chan you're referring to, he doesn't even remotely compare to Jet Lee, let alone Bruce.

When talking about martial arts, Jackie Chan is a joke.

JonathanTwinkleToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 04:22 PM
  #36
pstain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
For sure.

Not to take anything away from Lee but legends tend to grow as the years go by. Saying a 130lb'er with no ground game could beat Fedor, Cro Cop etc. in MMA is pretty ridiculous.
Yeah. Because Bruce Lee would completely ignore the ground aspect of fighting.

pstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 06:33 PM
  #37
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstain View Post
Yeah. Because Bruce Lee would completely ignore the ground aspect of fighting.
Compared to guys like Fedor and Randy Couture who have been training in ground based fighting for upwards of 20 years, yes, it would seem like that if they fought Bruce Lee.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 08:53 PM
  #38
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Compared to guys like Fedor and Randy Couture who have been training in ground based fighting for upwards of 20 years, yes, it would seem like that if they fought Bruce Lee.
If Bruce was born in say 1970, he'd pwn anyone imo. MMA has evolved, it's silly to think that Bruce wouldn't have.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2007, 09:24 PM
  #39
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If Bruce was born in say 1970, he'd pwn anyone imo. MMA has evolved, it's silly to think that Bruce wouldn't have.
Sure Bruce would evolve, but that statement viciously underrates just about every top heavyweight and lightheavyweight in MMA today and gives them virtually zero credit for their own abilities and talents.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 12:10 AM
  #40
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
If that's Jackie Chan you're referring to, he doesn't even remotely compare to Jet Lee, let alone Bruce.

When talking about martial arts, Jackie Chan is a joke.
I know, he was trained in Chinese Opera, he's more of a gymnast I guess, but he was very athletic, don't know if that counts for anything.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 01:50 AM
  #41
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Sure Bruce would evolve, but that statement viciously underrates just about every top heavyweight and lightheavyweight in MMA today and gives them virtually zero credit for their own abilities and talents.
Bruce was well ahead of his time. I just get the feeling that if he was born in this generation, he'd have been ahead of this time as well. Some people are just born to be legends.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 02:05 AM
  #42
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Bruce was well ahead of his time. I just get the feeling that if he was born in this generation, he'd have been ahead of this time as well. Some people are just born to be legends.
Legend? Fine. But he wouldn't be unstoppable. I think some in this thread don't understand how hard it is to beat a guy who has 100+ lbs on you and is full of talent in his own right. I can't see him lasting very long on the ground against a Nogueria, Barnett, Fedor etc. No way--no how.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 12:03 PM
  #43
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Legend? Fine. But he wouldn't be unstoppable. I think some in this thread don't understand how hard it is to beat a guy who has 100+ lbs on you and is full of talent in his own right. I can't see him lasting very long on the ground against a Nogueria, Barnett, Fedor etc. No way--no how.
I couldn't agree more. Some people in this thread are really lacking knowledge about fighting.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 05:08 PM
  #44
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Legend? Fine. But he wouldn't be unstoppable. I think some in this thread don't understand how hard it is to beat a guy who has 100+ lbs on you and is full of talent in his own right. I can't see him lasting very long on the ground against a Nogueria, Barnett, Fedor etc. No way--no how.
Even the guys who are 60/70 pounds heavier like Rampage, Ortiz, Evans, Bisping etc. would waste Bruce Lee in a cage MMA match

monster_bertuzzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.