HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryan Murray Named New GM!

Old
06-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Bryan Murray Named New GM!

Ok.. I like to scare you people

Ottawa Senators named BM there new GM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=211178&hubname=nhl

I wonder if Dave Nemirovsky still plays

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Yep, like I said in the 'News around the NHL' thread, looks like Spezza for Wells trade is on the way.

06-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Dropkick Alex

Actually scared me.

Dropkick Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 05:00 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

This kind of scared me for a second, but I wasn't believing it until I opened the thread and thank god it isn't for the Panthers.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 05:07 PM
catfan927

Send a message via AIM to catfan927
Ya gotta feel for the Sens fans. BM is an adequate coach, his record speaks for itself. IMO His GM record is rather spotty at best.

catfan927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
This kind of scared me for a second, but I wasn't believing it until I opened the thread and thank god it isn't for the Panthers.
BM is really a good GM but in SFLA, his brain must have been fried by the heat. Anywhere but in Sunrise BM is a good hire.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan927 View Post
Ya gotta feel for the Sens fans. BM is an adequate coach, his record speaks for itself. IMO His GM record is rather spotty at best.
I think he did a pretty good job in Washington, Detroit and Anaheim.

Old
06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Lauser3*

I guess Terry will be the new head coach.

BM made one crucial move as GM here, he hired his brother and then didn't have the guts to fire him. Other than that he made some great moves and some bad moves, like any GM does, but he did take the team to the finals.

Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:17 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
BM is really a good GM but in SFLA, his brain must have been fried by the heat. Anywhere but in Sunrise BM is a good hire.
Unfortunately he is still best GM what Panthers have had.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:22 PM
BigCanadian

Sens fans are ecstatic that BM is now GM. We were tired of seeing Muckler trade away talent for lesser prospects, if he would even get anything for them at all...

BM did an exceptional job, most recently, in Anaheim, which is unquestionable. We can only hope he can continue to do the same in Ottawa...

BigCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanadian View Post
Sens fans are ecstatic that BM is now GM. We were tired of seeing Muckler trade away talent for lesser prospects, if he would even get anything for them at all...

HAHAHAHAHA you clearly never heard what Bryan Murray did in Florida. BM pretty much only dealt away talent/good player for crappy prospects/picks. I know BM had to make salary dumps but hell he always picked up such crap except few trade and his "draft staff" have to one of the worst all time.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:44 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 10 View Post
I guess Terry will be the new head coach.

BM made one crucial move as GM here, he hired his brother and then didn't have the guts to fire him. Other than that he made some great moves and some bad moves, like any GM does, but he did take the team to the finals.
I agree, especially with the bolded statement. Keeping Terry on was what ticked me off the most about the BM era.

His trades ran hot or cold, and when they ran cold they were terribly frustrating. But nothing infuriated me more than keeping his brother on the payroll.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanadian View Post

BM did an exceptional job, most recently, in Anaheim, which is unquestionable. We can only hope he can continue to do the same in Ottawa...
Lesser talent?

Chris Wells
Jaroslav Bednar
Pavel Trnka
Mike Wilson
Mikhail Shtalenkov
Igor Ulanov
Lance Pitlick

Shall I continue?

Seriously, how much does everyone appreciate today's defensive squad? Night and freakin' day.

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Unfortunately he is still best GM what Panthers have had.

JOL
Oh God....you're right. LOL. That's pretty sad.

JM will soon outshine him though.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Oh God....you're right. LOL. That's pretty sad.

JM will soon outshine him though.
Considering no other GM got us to the playoffs, yeah he kinda wins by default. To be fair, he got us Pavel Bure, Roberto Luongo, and Olli Jokinen. Try to remember that when you think of the "other" trades. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Considering no other GM got us to the playoffs, yeah he kinda wins by default. To be fair, he got us Pavel Bure, Roberto Luongo, and Olli Jokinen. Try to remember that when you think of the "other" trades. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.
Yeah, BM was a wackadoo. He made some awesome trades and some horrible trades. At the end of the day, it evens out to average. But he was still better than Torrey, Clarke, Dudley, and Keenan.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
I agree, especially with the bolded statement. Keeping Terry on was what ticked me off the most about the BM era.

His trades ran hot or cold, and when they ran cold they were terribly frustrating. But nothing infuriated me more than keeping his brother on the payroll.

Terry Murray Is GOD or TMIG for short!!!

Old
06-18-2007, 09:55 PM
catfan927

Send a message via AIM to catfan927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Terry Murray Is GOD or TMIG for short!!!

GP I was wondering how long it would take you to remember that monikker!!!

When BM took us to the playoffs in 96 as GM he had 11 of the original expansion players brought in by Clarke and Torrey. BM made a few brilliant moves in aquiring Robert Svehla and Johan Garpenlov. He got lucky when he got Straka on waivers. But soon as the team started slipping a little, he started to make panic trades that never panned out. He wrecked what little good was left when he hired his brother. and did even more damage when he refused to can him. Hence, they were both soon out of work. If I were an Ottawa fan i would relish the run you had last year, cuz at the first sign of danger BM will panic and woe be the name of the Senators team.

catfan927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 12:35 AM
harv3317

imo boobie clark was definitely the architech of the cup run team. moron made a few good moves to help, but it was boobies core that had the magic!!!imo the only good moves were luongo and jokenen and bure. then there were trade of barnes, wooley, straka, etc that were absolutely horrible and are still felt in this org. as many of these players are still active after 10 years. the fiasco with his brother was horrendous!!! i used to go to games with a sign fire the morons. every one seemed to agree, except for one girl who snook up on me and ripped the sign up!!! must have been related to the moron's. lol.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
imo boobie clark was definitely the architech of the cup run team. moron made a few good moves to help, but it was boobies core that had the magic!!!imo the only good moves were luongo and jokenen and bure. then there were trade of barnes, wooley, straka, etc that were absolutely horrible and are still felt in this org. as many of these players are still active after 10 years. the fiasco with his brother was horrendous!!! i used to go to games with a sign fire the morons. every one seemed to agree, except for one girl who snook up on me and ripped the sign up!!! must have been related to the moron's. lol.
I was going to say the same thing -- that Clark had a big part in our early success. I never did like Bryan Murray, but maybe he's learned his lesson. I actually hope so because I like the Sens.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Lauser3*

This was an old argument on the other board, and while Clarke should get credit for the expansion draft (and anyone in the hockey universe would have taken Beezer with the first pick), an important part of the winning core of the team was brought in by Murray and he is the one that gets credit for taking us to the finals. With that said his panic moves ruined the team, starting with the Barnes trade, then firing Maclean (even though there are conflicting stories as to why), and then trading away Warrener for Wilson and a pick (Ryan Miller) because Terry didn't like him. The Bure trade was great for the franchise at the time, and the Jokinen and Luogno trade was one sided as the most recent luongo trade. I'd like to see what Jacques will do. If he can get the three young guys signed long term, pick up a strong goalie and a scoring winger, we will be a major contender this season and he could end up being our best GM. Right now, BM was our best GM, and our best coach was no doubt Maclean. I'd love to get him back here to coach and let Jacques be the GM, but of course that would never happen.

Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote