HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs PP without Souray

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Wow. Just got back of a little vaca, and found this. Man I love Monday..

Wow. That's almost as long as I have...

Hmm.. believe I said one-on-one, i.e. on breaks starting from the neutral zone. Those same guys generally don't get the best of Souray in front or in the corners. Oh, and Top Talent to me equals all those guys making 5 mil or above. I checked... it's a very low percentage of the players in the league. Compounding that with the RELATIVELY low occurance of such plays by such players game-to-game, I let the "deficiency" slide a bit.

This requires no response, only highlighting.

Nope. Understood you loud and clear. You were just a little narrow-minded, so I shared an opinion.

Wow, I didn't know that all teams report every disagreement in the dressing rooms. If you can show me the list of all teams' conflicts in the dressing rooms and some stats, I will find you one that won the Stanley Cup. I didn't mishandle your views. I believe that the players are all accountable to each other, and if someone isn't pulling weight and it is a detriment to the team, the leaders vocalize it, and sometimes it gets heated. You are naive to think this isn't a regular occurrence. Of course, in Montreal a lot more of these are excavated somehow by the media and scrutinized by the legions of fans, thus more public. Yes, I think it shows team spirit and willingness to maintain accountability. I don't necessarily condone fist-fights however, but i understand how it can happen.

This one is brilliant. What's the difference you ask? How about the fact that Souray became injured and couldn't continue to contend for the prize until the end of the season. And yes, everyone - EVERYONE was using Norris and Souray in the same sentence up to the injury. Carbs was the coach the whole year and was thus accountable for his performance over that time. If that's too hard to understand, well, can't help ya.

Well, actually I said that I was convinced you were young based on the content of your argument. My opinion hasn't changed, regardless of what the facts may be. The brain and the physical body do, of course, age differently...

Well there's a good argument. I mean, no one trades good players, right? Come on now. Teams trade things that they already have for something they need. Like I said (but perhaps you missed), Stevens et al already formed a solid defensive core. Souray was superfluous, not a poor player.

And I said he made the transition to an offensive role, not that he was brought in as an offensive weapon. Try out some reading comprehension SAT problems to get the rust out.

Wow. You learned all those things, and apparently Souray didn't?! Your slapshot must suck if Souray made the NHL and you didn't...

Actually, my major point was about young forwards becoming more defensively aware and able to execute a defensive zone scheme, but yes. I also highlighted that Halak is better than Aebischer. I can't believe you would argue against that. Just goes to show.

Actually, let me kill the suspense for you. The answer is economics. Why didn't Edmonton hang on to Pronger. Oh wait, by your logic, Craig Mac and the boys obviously think Pronger is a bad defenseman. Wow. Egg on their face.... and poo on yours.

Peace. I'm out.

I can break down every paragraph in your posts exactly like you to..

You start by saying..to you..Top Talent=5Million+...so Crosby..Ovechkin..Kariya..Selanne..Alfie..Heatly.. Spezza who has i think 1 or 2 highlight reel goals against Souray this season or last one..I guess they're not top talent..
Souray started the season as the #2 Defenceman..but quickly got replaced by Komisarek..everybody knows he's unreliable in his zone..why are you arguing??..who you kidding seriously??..Bouillon sucks in his zone but Souray is good??...***?

As for your mumbling about the fights in dressing rooms...thats all it is..MUMBLING...you werent able to name me any fights or arguments that occured in a winning team...
Im very surprised..since you are a hockey encyclopedia..
And theres a difference between leaders wanting to vocalize themselves and Souray fighting with Kovalev and Kovalev being ''injured'' the next 2 games

But then again..i dont even question Souray's leadership skills..all i said is when you have a fight in the room..it shows that there is bad team spirit..and that i dont care if Souray is a very vocal player..that id much prefer having another guy like Markov who'll inspire others to play better just by watching him play..get it there buddy??..

And you didnt get my Carbo/Jack Adams comparaison...i said that to show you..Maybe if Souray wasnt injured he would have been a candidate or maybe he would have started playing bad..and not even finish the year as a candidate..
Bottom line is..Souray got injured..and wasnt a Norris candidate at the end of the year..you can speculate anything you want..but thats all it is..SPECULATIONS..
Funny..cuz you diss my reading comprehension..lol..good jub..

Also cant stop laughing when you say the GA will drop because our Young Fowards will become better defensively..and that bcuz Halak is better than Abby..
I guess its our youngsters and goalies fault we allowed 35+ shots a game often...ya..The defense has nothing to do with that..

And the cherry on top is when you say great players do get trading talking about Pronger...
Edm didnt let Pronger go..he requested a trade cuz his wife was unhappy in boring Edm...it has nothing to do with Economics....you should have chosen another example..cuz you're really off on that one..

The problem is economics??..your wrong..we actually have the money to resign him..But the problem is the ration Price/Quality...Pay 6M for Souray..is beyond stupid..and thats why Bob gave the contract to Markov and offered Souray 4.5M..
If Bob thought Souray was worth 6M..he would have given it to him..but he's not..its clear he has a shot and stacks points up..its also known he's a vocal leader..so what's the only other option where he couldnt be good??..his zone...he sucks in his zone..and that makes him a #3-4 D so he doesnt deserve more than 4.5M..thats under your top talent value..

You have nothing to say..you're wrong buddy..Souray is not great..and he'll be gone next year..live with it..if you cant then Shut Up

Last edited by Kriss E: 06-19-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old
06-19-2007, 06:07 PM
tinyzombies

At this point, we don't have a trigger man, so it will have to be Kovalev.

That's a recipe for a lot of shorthanded goals given up though. He is terrible bringing the puck up through the neutral zone.

Plus, we lose him on the half-boards, but maybe Kostitsyn could fill that spot well with his shot. Kovy never wants to shoot anyway.

I think there will be a drop-off though, it's inevitable, but it shouldn't be too bad.

And if we do get a puck mover to replace Souray, our 5-on-5 should improve. Souray was hurt last year, but a healthy replacement could also improve in-zone coverage.

We probably won't see much of the umbrella though.

Old
06-19-2007, 06:50 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
At this point, we don't have a trigger man, so it will have to be Kovalev.

That's a recipe for a lot of shorthanded goals given up though. He is terrible bringing the puck up through the neutral zone.

Plus, we lose him on the half-boards, but maybe Kostitsyn could fill that spot well with his shot. Kovy never wants to shoot anyway.

I think there will be a drop-off though, it's inevitable, but it shouldn't be too bad.

And if we do get a puck mover to replace Souray, our 5-on-5 should improve. Souray was hurt last year, but a healthy replacement could also improve in-zone coverage.

We probably won't see much of the umbrella though.
just tought of that..what about a zhitnik-kovalev trade..look fair to me..dont know if atlanta fans like that..

Old
06-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Maxpac

Kosty has slapshot that can go Souray speed, imagine if he praticed during the season a little playing on the point. I think Souray's strong point is not his slapshot, it's playing with Markov who is always covered by 1, 2 forward and still manages to make the big pass. Boucher or Phaneuf could have 20 goals on the PP playing Markov too. Don't get me wrong, Souray as a h*ll of a slapper but my point is that so does Kosty and other players around the league

Old
06-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...837ac2&k=94395

"NHL prices on the rise: Speaking of Souray, the Canadiens chances of re-signing him went from possible to unlikely after the Philadelphia Flyers secured the rights to Nashville defenceman Kimmo Timonen and signed him to a six-year deal worth an average of $6.3 million U.S. a season.

Souray's history of injuries might discourage a team from offering him a six-year contract, but he should command the same kind of money as Timonen. Souray is a year younger, has a definite edge in size and is more of a force on the power play."

I'm very relieved Markov didn't get a crack at the UFA market...

Old
06-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I'd give Souray 5 million just for his work on the PP..

Old
06-19-2007, 08:43 PM
peterpatter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
Kosty has slapshot that can go Souray speed, imagine if he praticed during the season a little playing on the point. I think Souray's strong point is not his slapshot, it's playing with Markov who is always covered by 1, 2 forward and still manages to make the big pass. Boucher or Phaneuf could have 20 goals on the PP playing Markov too. Don't get me wrong, Souray as a h*ll of a slapper but my point is that so does Kosty and other players around the league
You can say the same for Kaberle and McCabe

Old
06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Expected salary for 2007-08 for these impending UFAs before yesterday's blockbuster move (per Matthew Ryder (End to End) on Spector's web site). http://www.spectorshockey.net/endtoend.html

Scott Hartnell: $3M (oops...)
Kimmo Timmonen: $4M (wrong)
Sheldon Souray: $5.25 (Hum ? I'm not sure that a 4.something offer is gonna cut it for Sheldon...)

Old
07-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Iwishihadacup

i really thnk that the powerplay without Souray would look exactly like a corncob without butter!!11!!!

What a doom year ahead of us

Old
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I'd give Souray 5 million just for his work on the PP..
LMAOOO

Old
07-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
just tought of that..what about a zhitnik-kovalev trade..look fair to me..dont know if atlanta fans like that..
Things changes alot in one year, eh ?

Old
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Stephen Locke*

I wouldn't be opposed to see Souray back,even with his current contract.He was unfairly bashed for Montreal's shortcomings and was severely underrated by Montreal fans.

Closed Thread