HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Some rule changes...

Old
06-21-2007, 08:40 AM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Avery is most definitely a diver, and worthy of that title. The worst diver in the league though is Erik Cole, also coincidentally the player i despise the most in the history of the game. I simply hate him.
Crosby could be considered in that category too....but all he has to do is look at the on ice officials and he gets a power play cause someone breathed alittle too closely

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 08:47 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
i guess we can revisit this thread when John Madden is writhing on the ice after being hooked, they call a stretcher out, Sean Avery is given a Major Penalty, and Madden never misses a shift.

I HATE diving to no end, imho this rule encourages it.
check out this video. Its last season before the rangers got avery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53W-7tk4Uw
NOT my video

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 08:49 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
They do need to do something to get diving and embleshing out of the game. I am so tired of seeing it.
I dont like it when the other team geta away with it
But, i remember one game avery dove, and they called it for roughing or something like that on the other team

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I like the 4 minutes for diving idea. However, even with the current rule... If refs actually called it, there would be less diving.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 10:09 AM
ap215

Very interesting rule changes by the NHL especially the penalty shot rule change. We'll see how this goes.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
They do need to do something to get diving and embleshing out of the game. I am so tired of seeing it.
get rid of the instigator and let these diving punks who hide behind abusing the rules get the living snot kicked out of them for trying to show up the other team... you think derik roy will keep diving after he gets pounded bc someone took exception to his antics? i dont. garbage like this never happened when the player were ALLOWED to police themselves, the game was much more honorable in so many ways. the more the league tries to "control" things the worse they get....

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=211407&hubname=nhl

the major penalties for interference is a big deal imho. you already see clubs like the Devils and Canes embellish like nobodies business to try to draw interference penalties, now you are going to see these teams pretend like theyve died after the play, limp off to the lockerroom as if they were shot, come back 10 seconds later, and will enjoy a full 5 minute major penalty.

i dont like that rule one bit.
Funny, though, that the Devils are CONSTANTLY interfering on the ice and that's my main gripe with them. I don't think they dive any more than our own team does (outside of Brodeur).

But I DO feel that they get away with more of the ticky-tack **** than we do. And I think that that's pretty clear.

Now our guys should pretend to be hurt when they are interfered with

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote