HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hypothetical: Who would you take for Lundqvist?

Old
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
Just wondering...based on his incredible performance the last two years and what he means to this team and the fans, who would you trade Lundqvist for...one for one?

Outside of Crosby, I don't think I'd trade him straight up for any other player in the league.

i'd do it for loungo, sedin twins, 10 first round picks, our very own swedish rock star, 30 million free hot dogs for the fans for the next few years and naslund.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Well, to us he might be. No one is saying you have to believe it, this is the Rangers board after all, isn't it? And if it ain't broken, why fix it?
I agree fully, but put things in perspective-a great goalie is a great goalie, but he's just had two strong seasons, goalies are tough to judge like that. Little injuries and mental things can turn them from Marty Brodeur to Dan Cloutier in an instant. Goalies have gotta be observed sometimes for 3-5 years in this league to truly determine their greatness, whereas I don't think a guy like Crosby will ever have a hard dropoff unless he loses a limb. If someone offered me Crosby or Ovechkin for Hank, even if I was a rabid Rangers fan I'd have to make that swap. If they offered Thornton, maybe not unless I had another real solid keeper lined up and they threw in goodies.

But don't act like you've got the best netminder in the league, he's still got a lot to prove.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hate View Post
But don't act like you've got the best netminder in the league, he's still got a lot to prove.
He might not be the best netminder in the league but he's top 5. It's hard to argue with back-to-back 30 win seasons and back-to-back Vezina finalists.

06-21-2007, 10:45 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He might not be the best netminder in the league but he's top 5. It's hard to argue with back-to-back 30 win seasons and back-to-back Vezina finalists.
Please add he has been in the league only two years, is 25 years of age and has a gold medal and a SEL championship on his resume. Not sure if anyone could ask for more. Aside from Crosby and maybe Luongo and something else, He can't be traded

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:01 AM
NJDevilsFan21

Henrik doesn't get traded, period - and this is coming from a Devils fan.

NJDevilsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan21 View Post
Henrik doesn't get traded, period - and this is coming from a Devils fan.
Agreed Dev! The guy is definitely a keeper, and you don't trade him for anything save the second coming of Gretzky or Mario.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Agreed Dev! The guy is definitely a keeper, and you don't trade him for anything save the second coming of Gretzky or Mario.
which is why most everyone here would trade him for Crosby. The kid is 19 freakin years old and has 2 100+ point seasons under his belt. You cant help but be amazed.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 12:43 PM
bcrt2000

Glen Sather's left nut (which apparently can be flipped for Crosby)

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 02:23 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
I would never want Lundqvist traded.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Levizk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
That's just crazy. If I was Pittsburgh, I would do that in a heartbeat, no question. Then they could just trade Fleury or Lundqvist for alot more in a second trade. I would perhaps do it for 2 Malkins. At least then I would put it into consideration.
From a Pens fan perspective I wouldn't do that deal because as you mentioned we have Fleury. Malkin is already going to be worth plenty by himself in a trade if he doesn't regress, and top offensive talent tends to get more in trades than goalies do even if they don't have as much of an impact on the game. I mean Patrick Roy was traded with Mike Keane, and all that ended up coming back was Thibault, Rucinsky, and Kovalenko. Lundqvist probably wouldn't play much better than Fleury on our team either since our defensemen have been known to act as extra forwards for the other team at times.

Levizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 04:51 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrempcoctail View Post
From a Pens fan perspective I wouldn't do that deal because as you mentioned we have Fleury. Malkin is already going to be worth plenty by himself in a trade if he doesn't regress, and top offensive talent tends to get more in trades than goalies do even if they don't have as much of an impact on the game. I mean Patrick Roy was traded with Mike Keane, and all that ended up coming back was Thibault, Rucinsky, and Kovalenko. Lundqvist probably wouldn't play much better than Fleury on our team either since our defensemen have been known to act as extra forwards for the other team at times.
Ok, any Pens fan would have to be high to disagree with you. We're just saying that to us he is worth at least as much as a Crosby, and since there is no way we're getting a Crosby at this stage, he is pretty much untradeable

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Lundqvist is propably the best goalie in NHL. It would take a lot to get him. Something like Stastny, Liles and 1st round pick.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
That's just crazy. If I was Pittsburgh, I would do that in a heartbeat, no question. Then they could just trade Fleury or Lundqvist for alot more in a second trade. I would perhaps do it for 2 Malkins. At least then I would put it into consideration.
You don't think much of Malkin?

Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 05:57 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor God of Thunder View Post
I don't disagree with you about Crosby's talent. Not one bit. He's phenomenal. And if there was to be a 1-1 trade, he would be the only one it would work for. However, I'm not sure how New York would take to Crosby - based completely on personality. New York loves its tough guys like Avery, and Crosby tends to do a bit of whining. Who knows.
ANY Rangers fan who knows jack about the game would LOVE to have Sidney on their team

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 05:59 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrempcoctail View Post
Have you ever heard Marek Malik and Aaron Ward? They knocked at least 10-15 in our own net last year and Ward was here for half the year!

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Alexei_Yashin

Send a message via MSN to Alexei_Yashin
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Crosby.

At this point im not even sure id take Ovechkin for him.

elite goalies dont grow on trees.
Just in Finland ?

Alexei_Yashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness View Post
You don't think much of Malkin?
Yes I do, but if you would have followed my logic through the thread, you would also have noticed that I value a star goaltender about twice as much as a star forward. A star goaltender is just that much more valuable for a team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei_Yashin View Post
Just in Finland ?
No no, they don't grow on trees in Finland, they just evolve out of saunas.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
ANY Rangers fan who knows jack about the game would LOVE to have Sidney on their team
Unfortunately you'd be wrong. I'm betting theres a decent percentage of fans that would gladly (verbally) rip him a new one. Including myself.

Kinda like the assortment of arenas we go to with Jagr he gets booed whenever he touches the puck.

But, ...think of it in NY, and Sid the Kid. Good player, but obnoxious ego.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:44 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

the trio in steel town are appealing

sidney
evgeni
jordan

any of them might warrant a deal, especially if montoya can bring his A game to the show.

but that ain't gonna happen

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Pizza

Hypothetical: Who would you take for Lundqvist?

Such a hard question to answer so I'll make it easy on myself: No One.

Crosby would be another easy answer, but I feel Hank can carry us on his back---maybe as early as next season. As close as anyone can be to untouchable, Hank in there.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Thor God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Not saying people wouldn't like him here, but it's not such a strange notion for fans to not enjoy having a certain player around - even if he is a superstar. Let us not forget how Washington fans feel about Jagr. He's a great player, but he just didn't mesh there. That's all I was saying. And I also don't think that having my opinion on this matter is an occasion to insult my hockey knowledge.

Thor God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 09:07 AM
lundy30

kopitar

lundy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 09:15 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy30 View Post
kopitar
Nope. Have to see more from him.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor God of Thunder View Post
Not saying people wouldn't like him here, but it's not such a strange notion for fans to not enjoy having a certain player around - even if he is a superstar.
Your Jagr example is flawed. In Washington, Jagr was a disappointment and hence drew the ire of the fans. However, I don't recall too many times where a superstar was booed out of town while single handedly changing the course of a franchise. If the Rangers were to acquire Sid tomorrow, I doubt you'd find too many angry fans. And if you did, well, I doubt they's stay angry for long.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 06:47 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

i'd take you first born...muwwhaha

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote