HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

a Guess - Gonchar to New Jersey

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2004, 09:42 PM
  #26
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Sorry to break the news and wishful thinking of some of the posters on this thread, but, with a happy grin, "RAFALSKI'S LEG IS NOT BROKEN". So, Parise stays and lets put it to rest. OK!

www.nj.com/sportsflash/devils/index.ssf?/newsflash/get_story.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?j0147_BC_HKN--Devils-Rafalski&&sports&njodevils[/url]
I wouldn't believe anything the Devils say.......if they say he's out 2-3 weeks expect 6-8.........

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 10:50 PM
  #27
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
That guy named Brodeur has a GAA near 2.70 ever since Stevens went down as well.

Randall Graves* is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 10:56 PM
  #28
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 37,408
vCash: 500
not as extreme however as clarkie saying roeneck should play soon despite having a damaged cortex

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:00 PM
  #29
tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbg1515
If it was the fibula, he could possibly have been putting weight on it cause i broke that and i was putting some pressure on it
Thats a good point. You cant diagnose a break just because a guy is putting weight on it. Travis Henery was playing football this year with a break in his leg.

tag is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:07 PM
  #30
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
not as extreme however as clarkie saying roeneck should play soon despite having a damaged cortex
Roenick suffered no permanent brain damage. It's just a serious concussion, it's not nearly as bad as what they were talking about a week ago.

Winston Wolf is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:10 PM
  #31
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
That guy named Brodeur has a GAA near 2.70 ever since Stevens went down as well.
So what? I guarantee you there's no team in the league that wants to face Brodeur in the first round, Stevens or not.

Winston Wolf is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:11 PM
  #32
tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
not as extreme however as clarkie saying roeneck should play soon despite having a damaged cortex
Thats funny. You cant believe a word Clarke says. From the past the Flyers have a history of misdiagnonsing players or having them play when they shouldnt. I think Clarke believes if you can wake up in the morning you should be playing. A year or 2 ago wasnt there a player suing the Flyers for some kind of medical problem the flyers had him playing through?

tag is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:18 PM
  #33
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
not as extreme however as clarkie saying roeneck should play soon despite having a damaged cortex
Not true at all. Clarke hasn't told anyone to go back on the ice. And perhaps you should read the latest on JR...

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...ey/8061535.htm

Quote:
According to Flyers team physician Gary Dorshimer, who spoke to Tim Vollmer, the neurologist treating Roenick, there is no long term or permanent damage to the center's brain.

Dorshimer said the "spot" that appeared at the base of his brain stem on a previous MRI was nothing more than a narrowing of blood vessels and was probably there since birth.
And that's not a Flyers doctor.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:25 PM
  #34
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag
Thats funny. You cant believe a word Clarke says. From the past the Flyers have a history of misdiagnonsing players or having them play when they shouldnt. I think Clarke believes if you can wake up in the morning you should be playing. A year or 2 ago wasnt there a player suing the Flyers for some kind of medical problem the flyers had him playing through?
First off, p.l.f. just made some crap up because Clarke never even said that Roenick would be playing soon.

Secondly, the only misdiagnosis was when one of Lindros' many concussions wasn't diagnosed as serious as it really was, but that same thing happens to many players because of the uncertainty of head injuries. Besides, Lindros hid it from the training staff for a while, so most of the blame should fall on his shoulders.

Dave Babych is the player you're thinking of. He had a broken foot and said he was pressured into playing with it by the team. He said this was the reason he couldn't skate anymore and had to retire. Anyone who saw him play at that time would've realized he already couldn't skate, and that his career was about over anyways. But somehow the injury forced him to retire. Yeah, right. The guy was done before the injury even occured.

Winston Wolf is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
  #35
tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
[.

Secondly, the only misdiagnosis was when one of Lindros' many concussions wasn't diagnosed as serious as it really was, but that same thing happens to many players because of the uncertainty of head injuries. Besides, Lindros hid it from the training staff for a while, so most of the blame should fall on his shoulders.

]
I knew Lindros had complined. But thats also not a surprise. And yeah thats who I was thinking of was Babych. For some reason I thought Leclair had some complaints too. That I could be wrong about though. Either way I still dont like Clarke. I thinkl the Flyers have shown too much loyalty to him and that he has no business being a GM.

tag is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:36 PM
  #36
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 37,408
vCash: 500
i wasnt all that serious there

i was thinking back when we weren't sure about jeremy's status and clarke assured he'd be ok for the playoffs, saying j.r's exaggerating and went through a traumatic moment but he'll be fine etc.

it seemed shocking at the time

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:47 PM
  #37
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 12,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
That guy named Brodeur has a GAA near 2.70 ever since Stevens went down as well.
Not sure about your math, but 2.70 is a bit of a jump from the 2.46 I'm counting. Although 2.46 is rather pedestrian in itself, but it's not half bad if you consider who the Devils have had replacing Stevens' minutes. Not sure why people expected the Devils to be as good defensively having guys like Tommy Albelin and Sean Brown getting more ice in light of Stevens' absence.

Brodeur is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 11:51 PM
  #38
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 27,430
vCash: 500
I'm a Devils fan and I admitt the Devils Defense is in disarray.

But Gonchar is not the answer.....

Even with Rafalski down the Devils can still put out three good puck moving d-men with a call up for Ray Giroux in Albany (Niedermayer-Martin-Giroux) the problem is we don't have enough clearing defenseman.

Brendan Witt, Jason Smith or Cale Hulse is what the Devils need. Since Daneyko has retired and Stevens has gone down, a major "snarl" factor is missing from the devils blue line.

JimEIV is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:05 AM
  #39
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
I'm a Devils fan and I admitt the Devils Defense is in disarray.

But Gonchar is not the answer.....

Even with Rafalski down the Devils can still put out three good puck moving d-men with a call up for Ray Giroux in Albany (Niedermayer-Martin-Giroux) the problem is we don't have enough clearing defenseman.

Brendan Witt, Jason Smith or Cale Hulse is what the Devils need. Since Daneyko has retired and Stevens has gone down, a major "snarl" factor is missing from the devils blue line.
Not to mention opposing teams are taking advantage of our smaller players, which would not be well received with Daneyko or Stevens, and if a stupid penalty is taken usually Stevens gives "the look" and that sets the team straight.......no way does he allow 13 PPG's against in the last 11 games.......the Devils would hear it........we need someone like that.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:37 AM
  #40
X8oD
Registered User
 
X8oD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 612 Warf Ave.
Country: United States
Posts: 7,227
vCash: 500
not sure if its been posted but i just read that it is just a bruise and is day to day

X8oD is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:37 AM
  #41
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,498
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
NJ will be ready for the playoffs, they allways have a cold streak then get hot for the stretch run. Rafalski should be back in 1 or 2 weeks and Stevens should be back a week or two before the playoffs.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 02:45 PM
  #42
Hellsempire
Registered User
 
Hellsempire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Rock Section 233
Country: United States
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV
I'm a Devils fan and I admitt the Devils Defense is in disarray.

But Gonchar is not the answer.....

Even with Rafalski down the Devils can still put out three good puck moving d-men with a call up for Ray Giroux in Albany (Niedermayer-Martin-Giroux) the problem is we don't have enough clearing defenseman.

Brendan Witt, Jason Smith or Cale Hulse is what the Devils need. Since Daneyko has retired and Stevens has gone down, a major "snarl" factor is missing from the devils blue line.


I agree that the defense is in a disarray. But to get a player like Gonchar would help on the PP and will help out on the defense... But I would rather go for Brendan Witt, Jason Smith or Cale Hulse too.


Quote:
NJ will be ready for the playoffs, they allways have a cold streak then get hot for the stretch run. Rafalski should be back in 1 or 2 weeks and Stevens should be back a week or two before the playoffs.
Yes they will be ready for the playoffs and Brodeur will be in top form and NO ONE will want to play Brodeur and the Devils in the playoffs. Stevens is coming back and will be back by the playoffs... Perfect timing...

Hellsempire is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 06:12 PM
  #43
OpinionatedMike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
Small tidbit about Rafalski...

I've heard that the Devils will be calling Rafalski and his injury day-to-day since they don't wanna seem in dire need of a defenceman, when in fact his leg is broken.

OpinionatedMike is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 12:40 AM
  #44
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,209
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionatedMike
Small tidbit about Rafalski...

I've heard that the Devils will be calling Rafalski and his injury day-to-day since they don't wanna seem in dire need of a defenceman, when in fact his leg is broken.
Where??? Or is that your hunch because you might be right.

Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 04:54 AM
  #45
NJ_Devil_Boy
Registered User
 
NJ_Devil_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,840
vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionatedMike
Small tidbit about Rafalski...

I've heard that the Devils will be calling Rafalski and his injury day-to-day since they don't wanna seem in dire need of a defenceman, when in fact his leg is broken.
From: h**p://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1078204213256270.xml

Quote:
Defenseman Brian Rafalski, who suffered a bruise behind his right knee when he crashed into the goal post Saturday night in Toronto, has improved enough to rejoin the Devils today in Florida.

According to general manager Lou Lamoriello, Rafalski might even play tomorrow night against the Florida Panthers in Sunrise, Fla.

"He feels much better," Lamoriello reported. "He's okay. There is a possibility he can play. We're very fortunate."

NJ_Devil_Boy is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 05:28 AM
  #46
OpinionatedMike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
From: h**p://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1078204213256270.xml
I'm not saying that's not true, although I will believe it when I see it.
All I'm saying is that I have heard that NJ MAY just be trying to make it appear that Rafalski isn't as bad off as -a broken leg- obviously I don't know for sure, I'm pretty sure there are many people that aren't 100% sure, I was just told, in sort of a passing moment, that, "this may be the longest day-to-day ever"....

That's all.

OpinionatedMike is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.