vCash: 500
oh well thats good news.

At least Wait to see if Nieds is retiring

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
GPickus

If I remember correctly, Burke said he would have never signed Salei at that price and contract length given by Florida. I doubt he'd give up an asset now to acquire that contract after ripping into it.

GPickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
JeffShibley

maybe bryz for floridas 2nd round pick tomorow???

JeffShibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 10:34 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
According to our source in Portland, they're working on signing Esche.

Tomorrow's your big day, WC!
Let's settle down tiger.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 12:15 AM
lux_interior

If Teemu and Scott return, I would prefer Bryz be traded for a 1st in 2008, since we have like no picks that year.

Salei....I liked him, but his time here is past.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
Couldn't we trade for a pick, or trade up extremely high?

No way Salei is worth a mid 20's potential starting goalie.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 12:52 AM
DucksWon'07

Send a message via AIM to DucksWon'07
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp View Post
According to our source in Portland, they're working on signing Esche.

Tomorrow's your big day, WC!
Eww for the love of god no!!! I'd feel more comfprtable w/ Hiler, then scambling at the deadline to get another goalie is necesarry. Once Flyers goalies are a big no-no. See Roman Checkmanik. See Doug Favel. See Brian Boucher. See Pelle Lindbergh.

DucksWon'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 12:56 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksWon'07 View Post
Eww for the love of god no!!! I'd feel more comfprtable w/ Hiler, then scambling at the deadline to get another goalie is necesarry. Once Flyers goalies are a big no-no. See Roman Checkmanik. See Doug Favel. See Brian Boucher. See Pelle Lindbergh.
Meh. I'm fine with Esche. He'd be our backup. As long as he's paid like one. But our backup does have to be good enough that he gets some starts. I don't want Giguere wearing out like he has in years past.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 12:59 AM
DucksWon'07

Ok well I'm gonna post this in two different threads, just because I think it fits in both.

Tomorrow is Bryz's 27th bday and they guy may get delt. That's always funny when it happens.

Old
06-22-2007, 01:01 AM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksWon'07 View Post
Ok well I'm gonna post this in two different threads, just because I think it fits in both.

Tomorrow is Bryz's 27th bday and they guy may get delt. That's always funny when it happens.
Well, I don't think he'd be unhappy with that. He won the Cup and he gets a chance as a starter.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 01:03 AM
DucksWon'07

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Meh. I'm fine with Esche. He'd be our backup. As long as he's paid like one. But our backup does have to be good enough that he gets some starts. I don't want Giguere wearing out like he has in years past.
Overplaying Giggy is always a scary though especially w/ our crew. I would rather see McKey or Hiler get the back-up job and develope than get Esche. We can play either of them against your Pheonixes and your St. Louises and still win.

Old
06-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I think Bryz for Mike Van Ryn would work well, or, if no one would trade a roster player, Bryz straight up for 10th overall. Hell, I wouldn't even mind sending him to LA if it netted us 4th overall. Another trade I wouldn't mind making would be to Boston in a deal for Mark Stuart. Stuart could come in right away and be a 5th defenseman, and he has the potential to be much more.

But, then again, it's not like it's super-necessary to trade him. He doesn't make much, and is a great back-up. Hopefully Burke doesn't rush anything.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPickus View Post
If I remember correctly, Burke said he would have never signed Salei at that price and contract length given by Florida. I doubt he'd give up an asset now to acquire that contract after ripping into it.
Yeah but then again, the salary cap will be on $51 mil this year right? The players are getting more now as you can tell when looking at the payments for Timonen, Hartnell and Rivet...

I don't say we should trade for him, but there is at least a litte chance Burke could live with his salary now and the salary cap will probably get even higher next year.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 10:11 AM
FloriDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Darsh View Post
I think Bryz for Mike Van Ryn would work well, or, if no one would trade a roster player, Bryz straight up for 10th overall. Hell, I wouldn't even mind sending him to LA if it netted us 4th overall. Another trade I wouldn't mind making would be to Boston in a deal for Mark Stuart. Stuart could come in right away and be a 5th defenseman, and he has the potential to be much more.

But, then again, it's not like it's super-necessary to trade him. He doesn't make much, and is a great back-up. Hopefully Burke doesn't rush anything.
The Panthers want their 10th. They are eying a player that they are desperately hoping falls to them (I don't believe it is one of the top 4). They may move up to get him. So far, the Panthers are not liking the offers they are getting from San Jose, Nashville, and Anaheim for their goalies. San Jose has asked for Olesz (an Untouchable), and speculation has Nashville asking the same. I wonder who Burke was inquiring about? Probably Bouwmeester (another supposed Untouchable). JM says that they are most likely going to look at re-signing Belfour for another year.

FloriDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 10:14 AM
FloriDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
Yeah but then again, the salary cap will be on $51 mil this year right? The players are getting more now as you can tell when looking at the payments for Timonen, Hartnell and Rivet...

I don't say we should trade for him, but there is at least a litte chance Burke could live with his salary now and the salary cap will probably get even higher next year.
I think Burke should just forget about Salei and go after one of the panthers Young defenders instead. My choice would be Noah Welch. He is bigger than Van Ryn with the same expected pointed production. His only knock is that he doesn't use his size enough. But pair him with Pronger and that will change.

FloriDuck is offline   Reply With Quote