HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2007, 06:13 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
The Flyers may trade down to select a D

Quote:
Holmgren said he views Alzner and Ellerby as the top two defensemen in the draft, but if the Flyers decide to exchange their No. 2 pick for two picks later in the first round they might be inclined to take another defenseman that impressed Holmgren at the Under-18 tournament in Finland, Kevin Shattenkirk.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/sports/index.html

Old
06-22-2007, 06:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Rumors were rampant yesterday that the Blue Jackets and Montreal Canadiens were close to a deal that would send the Jackets' No. 7 pick to the Canadiens for their two first-round picks, Nos. 12 and 23.
http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/con...1_MG736RR.html

Old
06-22-2007, 06:20 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Another local kid

Quote:
"I've heard I'll go anywhere between picks nine and 14," he said by phone on Tuesday. "Obviously you never know what's going to happen before it comes, but hopefully. That would be amazing."
Quote:
Another of Shattenkirk's desires may be met, too - the opportunity to play for his favorite NHL team, the Rangers.

Shattenkirk participated in an individual workout for the Rangers earlier this month at their training facility in Greenburgh, though it's uncertain whether or not he'll still be on the board when they draft at No. 17.

The thought of wearing Ranger blue left him awestruck.

"That would be amazing," he said
http://www.nyjournalnews.com/apps/pb...00/1034/SPORTS

Old
06-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Interesting that suddenly there seems to be many draftees whose favorite team is the NYR. Maybe it's becasue US hockey has gotten better, or is it because the NYR have shown a commitment to their draft choices and are now a more interesting team to play for?

Old
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Interesting that suddenly there seems to be many draftees whose favorite team is the NYR. Maybe it's becasue US hockey has gotten better, or is it because the NYR have shown a commitment to their draft choices and are now a more interesting team to play for?
I think it has something to do with US hockey and that these kids were growing up in the early-mid 90s, when the Rangers popularity was at its peak.

Old
06-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:

Another Ranger fan in the draft...

That makes
James vanReimsdyk
Nick Petrecki
Akim Aliu
and now Kevin Shattenkirk.

Can't say's that I blame them!!!

Old
06-22-2007, 09:52 AM
KRM

Here's a little nice NHL.com article to read before the draft, it about Henrik's old team and their draft record and their prospect in this years draft.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=318189

Old
06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
I think it has something to do with US hockey and that these kids were growing up in the early-mid 90s, when the Rangers popularity was at its peak.

ding, ding, ding!

Old
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Barnaby

I think I'd pass on Shatt... this Lars Eller sounds tempting at 17... or a move up for JVR/Gagner... who knows though... I've seen VERY little of these guys...

Old
06-22-2007, 11:26 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Not to be forgotten, the state of NY has produced the most NHL players (more than Mich, Minn, Mass, etc.).

Old
06-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Not to be forgotten, the state of NY has produced the most NHL players (more than Mich, Minn, Mass, etc.).
wow....really? im assuming youre talking about the most American born NHL players...

still though, im shocked at that.

Old
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Another Ranger fan in the draft...

That makes
James vanReimsdyk
Nick Petrecki
Akim Aliu
and now Kevin Shattenkirk.

Can't say's that I blame them!!!
Add Voracek & I think Cherapanov as well.

Old
06-22-2007, 11:55 AM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
wow....really? im assuming youre talking about the most American born NHL players...

still though, im shocked at that.
yeah, American born players (forgot to add that).

There are high schools in Canada that produce more NHL players than entire states in the US.

Old
06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
vargas*

i read somewhere that slats is going to take a swedish player in the first round. we have been a euro team for the past 2 seasons and havent won much so i think we should turn to more north americans like staal, sanguetti tis year too. we need more gritty players cuz we already have jags, malik, nylander and many other soft guys. imo the fans could relate bettr to the team if we built the team on north americans in the future. keep some euros around for scoring but the core should be NA driven.

Old
06-22-2007, 12:21 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vargas View Post
i read somewhere that slats is going to take a swedish player in the first round. we have been a euro team for the past 2 seasons and havent won much so i think we should turn to more north americans like staal, sanguetti tis year too. we need more gritty players cuz we already have jags, malik, nylander and many other soft guys. imo the fans could relate bettr to the team if we built the team on north americans in the future. keep some euros around for scoring but the core should be NA driven.
i dont care if he is a euro or not, as long as he is the complete package. if he is north american or euro and soft i dont want him.

Old
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargas View Post

Hmmm...Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Giradri, Callahan, Dubinsky, Bourret, Pyatt, Byers and Dupont as opposed to Tyutin, Korpikoski and Anisimov. Yeah, I think adding Michael Backlund, who'd be a steal at 17 wouldn't offset the NA flavor of the system.

Closed Thread