HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYI/VAN Rumour

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2004, 12:48 AM
xxIn_Flamesxx

vCash: 500
NYI/VAN Rumour

Mattias Weinhandl

for

Jason King, Van 2 in 2005

Old
02-26-2004, 01:00 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxIn_Flamesxx
Mattias Weinhandl

for

doubt it.
It doesnt help us...and Weinhandl is further ahead than King...picks arent a Isle's priority nowadays

Old
02-26-2004, 01:44 AM
OpAck

Quote:
Mattias Weinhandl

for

Ahhhhhhh!!! I see what you're thinking! Re-unite the Sedin twins with the center they played with in Sweden. That would actually be interesting to see. The three of them apparently had great chemistry and were very successful.

I don't like the trade though...not willing to give up on Weinhandl that fast.

Old
02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
xxIn_Flamesxx

idea

what is happening with Weinhandl this year? How come he isn't even in most people's starting lineups? Does this guy have any sort of future in this league?

Old
02-26-2004, 09:08 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
what is happening with Weinhandl this year? How come he isn't even in most people's starting lineups? Does this guy have any sort of future in this league?

please post a link from a credible source to show that this is a legitimate rumor and not a just a Canuck fan's proposal.

Hahn the Isles best beatwriter gave a long radio interview 2 days ago( before the Isles-Bruins game).Hahn says the Isles look at how Torres showed brief glimpses of what he was capable of in his last yr with the isles and that the isles are seeing Weihandl and Papineau doing that this yr.The isles really need a physical d-man like Witt and have contacted the Caps,but are very leery about moving either Weinhandl or Papineau.

If the isles won't trade Weinhandl to fill the need for a crease clearer,they sure aren't trading him for another unproven forward prospect.

Old
02-26-2004, 09:13 AM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Most people's starting lineups? I do not recall him being a healthy scratch for the Islanders at all recently. Isles mix and match lines a lot these days but he is usually on the teams first or fourth line as a right wing. Not having a great year production-wise but also was not with the team due to an injury for almost two months.

Why would he not have a future in this league? He's a good player who was on a point a game pace last season for a while. He get's some confidence and a settled role, he will be very good and Czerkawski was moved off the right side for him to play his natural position.

See that goal he scored against the Rangers ? Amazing. Isles have themselves a keeper in Weinhandl who is working hard to be a good two-way player.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
please post a link from a credible source to show that this is a legitimate rumor and not a just a Canuck fan's proposal.
It isn't a rumor. Just wishful thinking from a Nucks fan. That deal has zero chance of happening.

Old
02-27-2004, 12:02 AM
xxIn_Flamesxx

weinhandl

does anyone know if he played tonight? I can't understand why he wouldn't be in the lineup but it appears that way....

Old
02-27-2004, 08:11 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
does anyone know if he played tonight? I can't understand why he wouldn't be in the lineup but it appears that way....

Weinhandl in 5 games this season against the rangers had 2 goals,1 assist. Papineau also had 2 goals,1 assist against them this season.

Isles knew the ranger rematch was going to be very physical,so they called up the big kid Godard from Bridgeport and sat the smaller,skilled wingers Weinhandl and Papineau.
I don't have a problem with that.I'd rather lose some skill in the lineup in those isles-ranger games,then watch goons like Puriton and Barnaby pound the smaller isles.

Both kids will probably get a lot of icetime tonight against the Sabres.They'll have fresher legs then their teammates.

Old
02-29-2004, 09:32 PM
isles24

Quote:
Personally I think Weinhandl is taking longer to develop than expected (keep in ming he missed close to an entire season with an eye injury), so I wouldn't give up on his yet . . . I'd give him at least one full season on a top line before I'd let him go . . . . unles the Isles can get something good for him . . . but I don't think he'll attract much in a trade.

Old
02-29-2004, 10:04 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles24
Personally I think Weinhandl is taking longer to develop than expected (keep in ming he missed close to an entire season with an eye injury), so I wouldn't give up on his yet . . . I'd give him at least one full season on a top line before I'd let him go . . . . unles the Isles can get something good for him . . . but I don't think he'll attract much in a trade.

23 yr old Weinhandl's played a total of 85 nhl games.How much time did you think he'd need to develop?

You must have missed Alan Hahn's radio interview with Chris King 4-5 games ago.Isles are pretty high on Weinhandl and very leery about moving him.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Brain Hemorrhage

THey should be high on Weinhandl. The guy sees the ice better than any other Islander. Kvasha -may be- a better passer but he doesn't have Weinhandl's cross-ice vision. Weinhandl can make a much longer pass than Kvasha can. Kvasha is good at centering the puck but he can't make the long passes as well as Weinhandl. The fact Weinhandl can put the puck tape-to-tape on 30 foot passes every now and then only explains my point.

Closed Thread