HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Preds\hamilton Talk\argument\debate Goes Here

Old
06-20-2007, 11:20 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Doesn't that seem ridiculous to you? Its almost as if they WANTED to make the number appear lower.......Those tickets could have easily been counted as paid tickets if the counter was of the mind to consider the season ticket packages as one big package......I know I did when I bought the package.
But it's not in the Predators best interest. They don't want their paid ticket numbers to be skewed, and it's not their personal concern that they reach 14K paid, nor has it ever been. From a business perspective, they only lose by counting "free" tickets as paid tickets. It distorts revenue, and takes away leverage when dealing with the city and possibly forcing the "cure."

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 04:31 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Inside rumor from a business friend in Canada that has no public attribution whatsoever:
'Not sure how accurate this is but one of the owners of <deleted> has a sister who prints posters and banners and stuff like that. She told us she just got an order to print a bunch of posters for the new Hamilton Tigers NHL franchise.'

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 05:37 PM
lstcyr

Probably not that accurate since they can't leave Nashville for over a year yet. Why print the posters now?

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats play in the CFL so maybe it's that.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 08:18 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds_wizard View Post
Inside rumor from a business friend in Canada that has no public attribution whatsoever:
'Not sure how accurate this is but one of the owners of <deleted> has a sister who prints posters and banners and stuff like that. She told us she just got an order to print a bunch of posters for the new Hamilton Tigers NHL franchise.'
That's lunacy. Why would someone waste money printing posters et al for an asset that is not even owned yet? Oh, I forgot, it was done by a Canadian. Makes perfect sense now, given how they enjoy wasting money...

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 09:46 PM
kurri_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
That's lunacy. Why would someone waste money printing posters et al for an asset that is not even owned yet? Oh, I forgot, it was done by a Canadian. Makes perfect sense now, given how they enjoy wasting money...
There are some blogs talking about the hamilton tigers revival - it likely has absolutely zilch to do with Balsillie.
Prolly some stupid ass radio station or something.

kurri_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
But it's not in the Predators best interest. They don't want their paid ticket numbers to be skewed, and it's not their personal concern that they reach 14K paid, nor has it ever been. From a business perspective, they only lose by counting "free" tickets as paid tickets. It distorts revenue, and takes away leverage when dealing with the city and possibly forcing the "cure."
Your right of course, but it just goes to show that the fans here in Nashville do a lot more to support this team than they are given credit for. Ah well......

06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
kurri_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
moreover, here's another thought -- if you lower the cost of the tickets so that people can buy 3 at the same price they pay for two now, they will likely still only buy 2, thus lowering revenue.
Until you actually sell the tickets, you cannot include them in the sold numbers without changing the price you put on them - once you do that people start saying (hey the cost is only 2000, not 3000, according to your own numbers, so why the heck am I paying for 3 tickets at 2000 dollars each and not just getting my 2 tickets at 2000 each)

Right now, they have lots of free seats that they can give away - it may be anticipated (or have been anticipated) that those free tickets would turn into buyers at the full cost. Short term giveaway to generate interest and letting the fans bring truly interested peeople to the game -- ie.. relying on the fans to decide who other potential fans are - sounds like a good move when you have seats that are unsold.

Plus, if you lower the "cost" of the season tickets, do you also drop the price of every non-season ticket by 33% (the opposite of a 50% increase) since your average season ticket price would be lower?

It's better to give something away as a free bonus when times are slow than to lower the average cost and try to dramatically increase it later to make revenues in the NHL average.
IMHO

kurri_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 07:17 AM
lstcyr

I think the Preds knew that season tickets were down and wanted to reward the season ticket holders with extra tickets as a result. More people would come and enjoy the game. Also there would be more concession revenue (not counted in the Preds revenue) with little additional cost. A smart move on their part.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I think the Preds knew that season tickets were down and wanted to reward the season ticket holders with extra tickets as a result. More people would come and enjoy the game. Also there would be more concession revenue (not counted in the Preds revenue) with little additional cost. A smart move on their part.
True, but if those tickets had been counted, we probably wouldn't be in the predicament we are today.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
flyershistory

The request to print stuff may have come from here:

http://www.hamiltonloveshockey.com

flyershistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS01/70621069

Exclusivity has ended. If the Nashville group wants to bid(they still say they do), they are free to do so now.

Old
06-22-2007, 04:35 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtrash25 View Post
The Board of Governors will not approve a new owner who doesn't even bother to pretend that he's keeping the team in Nashville.

Already, Balsillie has violated "good faith" by brazenly dealing with Hamilton and making promises to their chatty mayor before even owning the team.
I say they kep the team there but also have a new team in Hamilton and one in Anhorage sound good to anyone

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
sluggo*

Vokoun just got traded, is there is any question(since there was was Timenon and Hartnell got moved) that Balsillie is getting Leipold to strip this team down to help drive people out and get the easist way out of that lease?

sluggo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Richard Rodier canned in regards to Nashville?

Plaster extremely excited about an article coming out in Sunday....says that there is no need to cost cut if Balsille is going to be the owner.....says the trades indicate the team is going to say. He also says that he really thinks the Predators are going to get the 14,000 tickets.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanek-26 View Post
Vokoun just got traded, is there is any question(since there was was Timenon and Hartnell got moved) that Balsillie is getting Leipold to strip this team down to help drive people out and get the easist way out of that lease?
Yes, I still think there is, but I don't expect you to see it.

And I'm not someone who believes everything positive that is said. I've been through all of this before when I grew up in Hartford. I'm a realist, trust me.

Regardless, Mason is a capable No. 1 goalie in the NHL. He has not shown that he has the ability to elevate his game to the "franchise" netminder status yet, but I think he will get the chance to do so now.

We must not judge Mason vs. Vokoun. Not now, not ever. They were great as a team and only time will tell if they each can be as great separated from one another. I feel comfortable with Mason in net, but now worry about our goaltending depth and whether or not Pekka Rinne is ready to backup Mason.

Again though, I still don't think this is a firesale, but again...only time will tell.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Again though, I still don't think this is a firesale, but again...only time will tell.
If this wasn't a firesale, you'd see a roster player or two come back in the Vokoun deal.

You can't assume that we'll sign a good player. Poile himself has already stated that its going to be tough to sign new players. The only people we'll get are ones who haven't been given a chance or wouldn't make it anywhere but a AH I mean NHL team. Ala Smithson.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 06:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanek-26 View Post

Haha, derrrr, or...Leipold is stuck with the team and isn't happy about it...so he's trying to minimize his losses by dropping the payroll?

Old
06-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

wow guys...apparently I'm behind the times, because I just heard on the draft that Leipold has advised the NHL not to allow the sale to Balsillie to go through. Congrats on keeping your team!

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Voda

tsn just said liepold advised the NHL in writing to NOT consider balsillie's intent to buy the predators. congrats preds fans, if this holds true...

as a pittsburgh fan, i always had the idea he was a dirtbag.

Voda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Seth Lake

Awesome! Now lock this thread!!!

Old
06-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Seth Lake

KC is apparently no longer interested either!

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS02/70622075

Old
06-22-2007, 09:43 PM
bcrt2000

McKenzie said the wording of the initial report was misleading. The deal isn't off. From what Bobbie Mac said, sounds like Leipold wants to speed up the selling process to Balsillie and complete the binding agreement, or else he will sell it to KC.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
McKenzie said the wording of the initial report was misleading. The deal isn't off. From what Bobbie Mac said, sounds like Leipold wants to speed up the selling process to Balsillie and complete the binding agreement, or else he will sell it to KC.
Is this the fourth time you've posted this same message?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote