Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Mens League wearing shoulder pads?

06-22-2007, 10:33 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to technophile
Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 View Post
And its guys with full cages on that run around with their sticks all high up in the air. They could care less about where their stick goes just as long as they have a mask covering their face they are ok.
That's a load of crap. I've worn a full cage since I started playing, and I've never been called for a high stick (nor gotten away with one). And I've taken plenty of high sticks from guys with a half visor or nothing at all.

I get pissed about taking high sticks from other people anyway; my throat is unprotected, and taking a stick off the helmet isn't all that much fun even if you do have a mask.

If you're seriously convinced that you "know" it's people with cages that wave their sticks around like crazy people, I would suggest you read up on "confirmation bias".

technophile is offline   Reply With Quote
06-22-2007, 11:09 PM
vCash: 500
I was going to switch from a cage to a half visor and mouthguard almost 15 years ago...had made the decision but had not gotten around to it....

Was playing in a tournament and a shot from my teammate at the point was deflected around the hash marks...I was in front of the net jostling with a defenseman and screening their goalie....puck slammed into the bottom half of my cage....

Had I made the switch already I would have eaten the puck, mouthguard and a collection of my teeth....still wearing a cage to this day....

neilm is offline   Reply With Quote