HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Joe Stejskal, Andrew Conboy and Scott Kishel

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2007, 04:51 PM
  #1
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Joe Stejskal, Andrew Conboy and Scott Kishel

Hey There, I was wondering if there are any fans out there who have some insight on the Americans selected by the Habs, especially the three Minnesota boys from the late rounds: Joe Stejskal, Andrew Conboy, and Scott Kishel?
I have seen McDonagh from the W-U18 tourney (he looked good!), but I haven't seen or heard much about the other three. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks!


Last edited by Harry Kakalovich: 06-23-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: names instead of vagueness
Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 06:53 PM
  #2
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Joe Stejskal is a big strong kid with a mean streak. Nothing special in his game. A stay at home defensemen.

Again a broken record with the MNHS league. Yes Erik Rasmussen was a physical force and it did not translate. Its also the same league that Ballard, Oshie, Erik Johnson, Mueller played in too. So i do not want to sound like what he did in high school is average and anyone who is anyone can do it. Nor do i want to sound like he was a rock for a solid Grand Rapids team and he will have success based on that. He is a project and if he fills out and can continue his style. He may be a servicable 5-7 d man one day.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 12:12 AM
  #3
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,058
vCash: 500
I was trying to figure out why Conboy isn't going to Nebraska-Omaha next year, just wondering. Also I read that the Portland Winterhawks were trying to get him to play for them, any chance that happens?

Kishel put up good numbers, guess I will be following the USHL next year. I think I saw Stejskal as I know I saw Grand Rapids this year but I don't recall him and while I taped some games I can't find any GR games. I will be watching him at Dartmouth next year though as I've been watching the Big Green for the past 3 years since JT Wyman has been on the team.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 09:29 AM
  #4
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
Joe Stejskal is a big strong kid with a mean streak. Nothing special in his game. A stay at home defensemen.

... Nor do i want to sound like he was a rock for a solid Grand Rapids team and he will have success based on that. He is a project and if he fills out and can continue his style. He may be a servicable 5-7 d man one day.
Thanks mn_g. Grand Rapids went to the finals in the high school hockey tourney, vs. Cretin-Durham, right? How did Stejskal play in the playoffs? Did he step his game up a notch? Was he one of the leaders?

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 10:35 AM
  #5
shortcat1
Registered User
 
shortcat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Downtown Palau, ON
Country: Palau
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Here's an article on Stejskal:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/art...2388416b577c43

of course, it sings praises of the kid... Canadiens fans should like this one...

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 10:37 AM
  #6
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,163
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm intrigued by Conboy.

Timmins has said more than once that he loves players who increase their production in their draft years.

Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2004-05 Victory Honda Midget MWEHL 22 1 3 4 68
2005-06 Wichita Falls Wildcats NAHL 51 7 8 15 158
2006-07 Omaha Lancers USHL 56 25 25 50 105

That's quite an increase in production.. He's a big kid, on our left side.. with Pacioretty and Latendresse.. pretty scary.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 11:45 AM
  #7
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick side View Post
Thanks mn_g. Grand Rapids went to the finals in the high school hockey tourney, vs. Cretin-Durham, right? How did Stejskal play in the playoffs? Did he step his game up a notch? Was he one of the leaders?
The played Cretin two years ago in the championship. This year they lost to Roseau. On the way to finals last year they best Roseau. This year on the way they beat Cloquet and Edina. In a one series when white was healthy Grand Rapids might have been the best team in the state. Stejskal stepped up as much as he could. He is not a difference maker but he played very well defensivly. He did anything he could to help his team win. By example he did lead. The problem with some AA teams is they are not that deep. After three games in three days it took its toll on a not deep Rapids team. And after winning close games to get the finals they looked gased.


Last edited by MN_Gopher: 06-24-2007 at 12:31 PM.
MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 11:55 AM
  #8
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
From what i heard Conboy is a hard hitting guy who isnt affraid to fight. His skating isnt that bad. Maybe 3rd or 4th line players.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 05:21 PM
  #9
WesternCollegeHockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I was trying to figure out why Conboy isn't going to Nebraska-Omaha next year, just wondering. Also I read that the Portland Winterhawks were trying to get him to play for them, any chance that happens?

Kishel put up good numbers, guess I will be following the USHL next year. I think I saw Stejskal as I know I saw Grand Rapids this year but I don't recall him and while I taped some games I can't find any GR games. I will be watching him at Dartmouth next year though as I've been watching the Big Green for the past 3 years since JT Wyman has been on the team.
I think Omaha already had all of their spots filled/scholarship money allotted when Conboy committed.

I really like Stejskal as a prospect. He's going to be a really nice pick.

I'm not as sure with Kishel. He's got talent, but he's got a long ways to go as a hockey player before pro hockey becomes a consideration.

WesternCollegeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
  #10
PuckFan01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick side View Post
Hey There, I was wondering if there are any fans out there who have some insight on the Americans selected by the Habs, especially the three Minnesota boys from the late rounds: Joe Stejskal, Andrew Conboy, and Scott Kishel?
Kishel and Stejskal are almost polar opposites. Kishel is an offensive defenseman. Not very big, not very physical. But handles the puck well and is a nice skater.

Stejskal is big, physical, and likes to hit. He isn't as good handling the puck and making plays but he does have a good hard shot and makes use of it on one timers.

I would doubt Kishel makes it the to NHL but I think Stejskal has a decent chance to make it.

PuckFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 09:18 AM
  #11
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Thanks for the comments mn_g and others. It really helps guys like me (and I'm sure a lot of other Montrealers) who don't get a chance to see these guys play. Please keep em coming.

I haven't heard much about Conboy - I guess he played in Omaha of the USHL. Anybody see what kind of player he is? His stats don't look too bad 25 goals and 50 points.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 10:01 AM
  #12
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm intrigued by Conboy.

Timmins has said more than once that he loves players who increase their production in their draft years.

Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM
2004-05 Victory Honda Midget MWEHL 22 1 3 4 68
2005-06 Wichita Falls Wildcats NAHL 51 7 8 15 158
2006-07 Omaha Lancers USHL 56 25 25 50 105

That's quite an increase in production.. He's a big kid, on our left side.. with Pacioretty and Latendresse.. pretty scary.
This is what I'm always looking for in a prospect too. If he doubles his numbers, it's usually a very, VERY good sign and you are right to be high on Conboy. Successful NHLers often follow this trend.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.