HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5th round - 148th overall Randy Cameron

Old
06-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
5th round - 148th overall Randy Cameron

Energy player im being told

centerman.. 5'11, 180 lbs QMJHL Moncton

70gp 17g 22a 39pts 44 PIM

2 pts in the playoffs in 7 gms

http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-c...?PLAYER_ID=159

Cameron is a solid all round forward that can play either center or right wing. Currently he is ranked 129th in the central scouting rankings for the 2007 NHL entry draft.

Last edited by Howard35: 06-23-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Howard35

http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-c...hp?VIDEO_ID=68

nice shot...

Quote:
From Chooch at RWC
Randy Cameron kicked the ****out of Maxim Mayorov behind the rink at the 5 Nations Tournament. (Then he keyed his car and stole his girlfriend)

interview:

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/old_lhjmq/vide...060610.wmv

Rising:

Randy Cameron— Has been a real revelation for us in the early going, and is putting up points despite a dearth of quality offensive talent around him.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/...line_x.htm

Last edited by Howard35: 06-23-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old
06-23-2007, 11:58 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Not really an energy player...more of a playmaker, good hands, avg skater, i find he is soft though and he tailed off after xmas.

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 11:59 AM
JacksonGalaxy

Mckeens: A very hard working two-way player who excels along the boards and the corners cycling the puck .. has a knack for making those centering passes in front of the net that are easily capitalized on by his teammates .. he takes the body and does what he has to and what is asked of him on the ice .. Cameron has good speed and keeps his feet moving .. has good puck control and makes accurate passes .. takes his shots on goal, not a flashy player, grit and hard work are his game .. he has very good hockey sense and works well in front of the net .. is very good at knocking pucks away and getting in front of shots .. he should garnish some looks by NHL teams come draft time.

Sounds a lot like Helm just from the scouting report. Numbers aren't that impressive, for all these small checking forwards we have seems like we could have gotten something else. Of course, I didn't like the Helm pick when we made that so this guy we'll have to wait and see on. A rare product of the Quebec league.

JacksonGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Howard35

thanks... a poster from RWC said that so i just posted it.. figured anyone who comments on him must know more then me

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=291296

Old
06-23-2007, 02:08 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
thanks... a poster from RWC said that so i just posted it.. figured anyone who comments on him must know more then me

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=291296
That post was a joke. thatoneguy had been railing on and on about Mayorov (after doing the same about Cherepanov the night before) and Chooch it appears felt inspired.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 05:48 PM
hfboardsuser

I picked up on Randy last October, but unfortunately I can't find the article. Suffice to say he's an interesting kid. He played Junior A last year before being a really late pickup by Moncton. They wanted some veteran leadership in the room, and figured a top Tier II player could bring that. Cameron did all that and more.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:56 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I picked up on Randy last October, but unfortunately I can't find the article. Suffice to say he's an interesting kid. He played Junior A last year before being a really late pickup by Moncton. They wanted some veteran leadership in the room, and figured a top Tier II player could bring that. Cameron did all that and more.
They drafted Cameron in the 3rd rd, in the top 40, so i wouldn't say he was a late pick up.

And they didn't add him for leadership, teams don't add 17 year olds for leadership...

He was a very small player at 15 so he went undrafted into the Q, he grew and played Jr A at 16 and more scouts were noticing him. Late bloomer.

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote