HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Forsberg-Rangers good fit?

Old
06-21-2007, 11:22 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Only if he signs a league minimum salary laced with bonuses for games played and production, otherwise no thanks. He has to prove he can play and be healthy for more than 1 game at a time.
Peter Forsberg doesnt need to prove anything to any team. I agree that a bonus laden contract is in any teams best interest but forget the league minimum he wont be paid less then 4 mill. This is Peter Forsberg not Kris Newbury.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2007, 11:29 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
the man without a spleen is on record as saying he wants to return to nashville err hamilton.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 12:16 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
the man without a spleen is on record as saying he wants to return to nashville err hamilton.
I like to think Pete's smarter then that. I say he returns to Denver or he calls it quits completely.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 02:14 AM
avsfan4026

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
I like to think Pete's smarter then that. I say he returns to Denver or he calls it quits completely.
Yeah. They were misinformed. The only thing he's said is that if he returns to the NHL, he'll play for a former team.

avsfan4026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Golden Foppa

Nashville eliminated themselves from re-signing Peter Forsberg when they decided they weren't re-signing key players from their core. Forsberg is at a point in his career where he won't play for a team unless he feels they have a chance to win it all. I'd say at this point it's either Colorado, Modo, a slight possibility of Philadelphia, or retirement.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 02:53 AM
avsfan4026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
Nashville eliminated themselves from re-signing Peter Forsberg when they decided they weren't re-signing key players from their core. Forsberg is at a point in his career where he won't play for a team unless he feels they have a chance to win it all. I'd say at this point it's either Colorado, Modo, a slight possibility of Philadelphia, or retirement.
Yes, those are his 4 options. He's said so himself. But I don't think he'll retire. In the same interview he talked about how great he's feeling and I got the impression he'll play next year. I think it comes down to the Avs or Modo.

Old
06-22-2007, 03:10 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan4026 View Post
I think it comes down to the Avs or Modo.
Me too.

Old
06-22-2007, 03:33 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
If Forsberg signs with Colorado, who switches position? Because Sakic, Stastny and Forsberg all play center and deserve top-two line roles. Maybe Forsberg on Sakic's left wing?

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 03:54 AM
avsfan4026

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
If Forsberg signs with Colorado, who switches position? Because Sakic, Stastny and Forsberg all play center and deserve top-two line roles. Maybe Forsberg on Sakic's left wing?
No way. Sakic(C) and Brunette(LW) on the top line won't change no matter what. Neither will Stastny(C) and Hedjuk(RW) on the second.
I don't see a problem with him on the third line and I don't think he'd have a problem with it. It would be more like 2a and 2b anyway.

Old
06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Mellifleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor God of Thunder View Post
I'll be surprised if the Rangers pick up Forsberg. He just seems too injury-laden lately and I don't think the Rangers need yet another aging superstar on their roster right now. Hopefully, they've learned from the past. I can't always be so sure though...
My thoughts exactly. The Rangers have been doing pretty well with adopting towards the youth movement... they don't need to revert back to their old ways...

Mellifleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 03:28 PM
detredWINgs

Forsberg and Shanny on the same line and nobody has mentioned ANYTHING about some bad blood?

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Nashvilles core is it's youth...

Anyhow, Peter to New York isn't "new" news, the guy has always said that he likes to play in the Garden... Signing for Rangers last season would have been wrong, with the craporolla of a season the Flyers had and all...

And the articel everyone is refering to, doesn't say anything about only 3 or 4 teams, it says most posibly only 3 or 4 teams...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM
avsfan4026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post

Anyhow, Peter to New York isn't "new" news, the guy has always said that he likes to play in the Garden... Signing for Rangers last season would have been wrong, with the craporolla of a season the Flyers had and all...

And the articel everyone is refering to, doesn't say anything about only 3 or 4 teams, it says most posibly only 3 or 4 teams...
No. The most recent interview and the one we are talking about is from a week or two ago. Forsberg clearly said if he plays in Sweden he'll play for Modo and if he returns to the NHL he'll play for a former team. No numbers were mentioned...

Last edited by avsfan4026: 06-22-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old
06-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
No. The most recent interview and the one we are talking about is from a week or two ago. Forsberg clearly said if he plays in Sweden he'll play for Modo and if he returns to the NHL he'll play for a former team. No numbers were mentioned...
Same article, and I repeat, most posibly, as in not certainly...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Well either way, with the roster gutting going on in Nashville, you can count on Peter not signing with them.

Nice Avatar!

Old
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
VikingAv
Go Sioux!

vCash: 1253
Quote:
No way. Sakic(C) and Brunette(LW) on the top line won't change no matter what. Neither will Stastny(C) and Hedjuk(RW) on the second.
I don't see a problem with him on the third line and I don't think he'd have a problem with it. It would be more like 2a and 2b anyway.
Brunette's on the RW. Wolski was the left wing. Foppa would be a better fit on the secon line with Staz and Duke though..

VikingAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 08:10 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
So is Shanahan
Doesn't make it a good fit.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:12 PM
TheRedressor

Last time I checked the Flyers haven't won anything latley. Don't start bad mouthing a team by saying a player won't sign there because he's "classy."

As of today the Rangers and Penguins are at a close tie as the best teams in the division moving foward and both are certainley better than the Flyers now and better than they will be even if they sign a player like Danny Briere.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingAv View Post
Brunette's on the RW. Wolski was the left wing. Foppa would be a better fit on the secon line with Staz and Duke though..
I agree 100%

Hejduk and Forsberg had magic in the early 2000's

Stastny had magic with Hejduk

So by the laws of the transitive property

Forsberg will be MUTHA ******* awesome with Stastny

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Last time I checked the Flyers haven't won anything latley.
There is still a slight chance that Peter Forsberg could sign with the Flyers though because it's a matter of whether or not Peter Forsberg believes the Flyers can win. It doesn't matter if any of us think that or not. They've added Kimmo Timmonen and Scott Hartnell which should make them much better. Who knows what else they might do, but if Forsberg thought that they could make the playoffs and win, he still might go there.

Old
06-23-2007, 11:20 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
There is still a slight chance that Peter Forsberg could sign with the Flyers though because it's a matter of whether or not Peter Forsberg believes the Flyers can win. It doesn't matter if any of us think that or not. They've added Kimmo Timmonen and Scott Hartnell which should make them much better. Who knows what else they might do, but if Forsberg thought that they could make the playoffs and win, he still might go there.
Without a doubt I believe the Flyers with the right additions could contend for the Stanley Cup. The point I was making is don't shoot down a player going to a team because you don't like the team.

BTW if the Flyers do sign someone like Briere and then Forseberg, I am still not confident in Martin Biron as a goaltender to carry a team.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 12:55 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Yes he would be a good fit, but, the contract would have to be $1M-$2M base loaded with incentives for games played (70 or more) and points scored. Otherwise let him go cripple Philly or the Avs.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 02:26 AM
The Thomas J.*

I cant see it happening, Forsberg is # 5 on my Depth chart of Centers we could trade for or sign in this off season.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote