HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Bell

Old
06-23-2007, 06:53 PM
leafmaniac333

vCash: 500
Mark Bell

Im a leaf fan wondering what this guy is like. I know he had a rough season in san jose, iv never really seen him play. He played for chicago for several years, do you see this guy being a good player?

leafmaniac333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 07:05 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
He's a good third liner that can fill in on your second line for spot duty. When he wants to play hard, he's a force at both ends of the ice and can really throw his weight around. Those games seemed to come around every third game though. He's also a very underrated middle weight fighter. He can chuck em.

06-23-2007, 07:10 PM
leafmaniac333

is 2 million over paying him?

leafmaniac333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Hawkster
The Magic Number

I think that is a very accurate description of Mark Bell.

If you are a Leafs fan, don't be fooled by Bell's semi-decent numbers in his last year in Chicago - Due to the crapness of the Hawks roster, he got pretty good minutes for a guy of his level.

He also got his goals in bunches, then went missing for a month. Very frustrating.

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafmaniac333 View Post
is 2 million over paying him?
At the moment, yes. However, he has the opportunity to redeem himself and earn that salary in the upcoming season.

His potential is a very good 2nd liner if he learns consistency.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
A semi-bust who is barely turning into a fairly weak player, fourth line on any decent team.

If you are relying on him for any real production you are in trouble.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
A semi-bust who is barely turning into a fairly weak player, fourth line on any decent team.

If you are relying on him for any real production you are in trouble.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...highlight=bell

Quote:
Bell >>> Antropov. Deal with it.

Teams actually want Bell.
So your opinion of Bell changed in less than a year, is it? Or did this change in heart just happen to coincide with him being traded to the Leafs?

Kindly crawl into the **** hole you came from, I'll spare you the embarassment of quoting other posts made by you about Bell in the past.

Old
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist And Shout View Post
At the moment, yes. However, he has the opportunity to redeem himself and earn that salary in the upcoming season.

His potential is a very good 2nd liner if he learns consistency.
I think Bell is a much better player than he was in San Jose, and if everything works out well in Toronto, he could turn out to be a slight bargain at 2M.

He's always had consistency issues, but people have been way too quick to start labeling Bell as a sh*tty player.

Gardebut30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:22 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
As a Blackhawk (and that's all I can speak on, I didn't see much of him as a Shark) Bell is an average at best playmaker with a surprising slapshot. Unfortunately, his only offensive move is to wind it up, and if goalies take an extra step out he'll fire it directly into them/wide of net. Bell can definitely find his game again, and I see him carving out a respectable career as a role player.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...highlight=bell

So your opinion of Bell changed in less than a year, is it? Or did this change in heart just happen to coincide with him being traded to the Leafs?

Kindly crawl into the **** hole you came from, I'll spare you the embarassment of quoting other posts made by you about Bell in the past.
Not at all. I simply think Antropov is even worse than Bell is. Antropov barely belongs in the NHL, and probably won't be there in three or four years when Toronto finally gets tired of him. Bell is at least a bonafide NHLer, though he digressed even further in San Jose than even I had thought possible (given that post predates his performance there, naughty Leaf fan neglecting context!).

Btw stalking is not becoming, and its good to see your hatred for me has spanned months. Perhaps you were one of the people trying to trade Antropov and a 3rd for every other team's stars? Thought so...

Old
06-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Perhaps you were one of the people trying to trade Antropov and a 3rd for every other team's stars? Thought so...
Actually, I have been an Antropov fan from Day 1 and have never proposed moving him for a player from another team, let alone star. Try again.

Go back and read your posts, and then ponder why you hate any player associated with the Leafs. Cheers.

Old
06-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Actually, I have been an Antropov fan from Day 1 and have never proposed moving him for a player from another team, let alone star. Try again.
Ah, so someone enraged by the fact someone might actually not believe Antropov is the second coming? One of THOSE...

Quote:
Go back and read your posts, and then ponder why you hate any player associated with the Leafs. Cheers.
I don't really need to. I disliked Bell when he was on the Hawks, and he's just got worse since he left them. You do realize that people's opinions of players, and the ability of the players themselves, can evolve over time, right? You're experienced enough with hockey to grasp that? Even if just barely?

Now that you've sent your mindless, petty personal attack and its been rebuffed, time for you to move on. Goodbye.

Old
06-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Ah, so someone enraged by the fact someone might actually not believe Antropov is the second coming? One of THOSE...
Antropov is an oft-injured physical forward with good hockey sense and skills. If that makes him the second coming, then yes, he is the second coming.

Quote:
I don't really need to. I disliked Bell when he was on the Hawks, and he's just got worse since he left them. You do realize that people's opinions of players, and the ability of the players themselves, can evolve over time, right? You're experienced enough with hockey to grasp that? Even if just barely?
If you disliked Bell, why did you make posts acknowledging his value and considering him "one of Chicago's valuable young players"?

That was your opinion of him in August 2006 and when he was compared to the Leaf player, you called the Leaf player garbage in comparison to him. I hardly see how a bad season can relegate him from a valuable player to "fourth line on any decent team" in your mind. Oh, the guy got dealt to the Leafs.

Anyway, it's obvious what your agenda is on these boards by searching for posts which include the keyword "Bell" by yourself, so there's no point in talking about it further.

Old
06-24-2007, 11:09 AM
chico_hawk

bell has the tools to be a good 2nd line player - heck, doug wilson acquired him to play on sj's top line with thornton & cheechoo.

if he gets his head screwed on straight (and he's had those "head" problems going back to at least his junior days in ottawa), he might actually realize his potential.

while he got a fair amount of playing time in chicago (was surprisingly good on the pk - something the leafs desperately need help with), he was also bounced around from center (his natural position) to wing, and playing with numerous linemates and coaches, etc., which didn't help his development. he can be physical and took care of nolan in a fight in sj a few years back, before nolan had all his injury issues.

if anyone can get bell to respond, i think maurice may be that guy. if he does, the leafs & their fans will be happy.

chico_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Antropov is an oft-injured physical forward with good hockey sense and skills. If that makes him the second coming, then yes, he is the second coming.
Funny how many Leaf fans tried to include him in every trade proposal. "Antropov and a 3rd" is a running joke on the trade board.

Quote:
If you disliked Bell, why did you make posts acknowledging his value and considering him "one of Chicago's valuable young players"?
When he was with Chicago, he had more trade value than his actual worth. He also had inflated stats from playing on first line with first line powerplay time. He had plenty more worth than Antropov has ever had. However, there was significant flaws with his game and they were exposed in San Jose as being even worse than I had thought. As someone else said, how do you end up with 11 goals, 21 points, playing with Cheechoo and Thornton? Of course, he didn't spent the whole season there; removed from their line when it was clear he wasn't able to produce at their level, sort of like putting Belak with Sundin.

In any event, he has regressed further than I expected. That is why my opinion of him has dropped even further, and had done so BEFORE he was traded to the leafs.

Quote:
That was your opinion of him in August 2006
Before he had regressed further, yes. Catching on to that part yet? San Jose was not a good experience for him.

Quote:
and when he was compared to the Leaf player, you called the Leaf player garbage in comparison to him.
If the Leafs weren't so devoid of talent on the wings Antropov would be getting 10 goals a year (maximum, in the unlikely event he actually plays a full season) playing on the third line or fourth line. He's a dime-a-dozen player, worthless in trade discussions. Every team has three or four Antropovs already, though the better teams keep them on their fourth lines or even in the minors.

Quote:
I hardly see how a bad season can relegate him from a valuable player to "fourth line on any decent team" in your mind.
He was valuable enough then to be a part of the eventual Havlat trade. His value declined enough to become so poor he was put in to *reduce* the value of the trade from San Jose's end. Looks like real life supports my analysis of his trade value.

It's great when events prove one was right all along.

Quote:
Oh, the guy got dealt to the Leafs.
Except I don't have any issues with a number of Leafs, and I had problems with Bell before he was traded there. Ah nuts, your personal attack has been torn down and stomped in the sand? Sucks to be you...

Quote:
Anyway, it's obvious what your agenda is on these boards by searching for posts which include the keyword "Bell" by yourself, so there's no point in talking about it further.
And, it's obvious what YOUR agenda is when you remember posts from a year ago of such clarity that you can throw them in - without their context, of course - at the drop of a hat a year later. Guess I scarred you for life!

Good bye, stalkerboy.