HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dudley prepared to part with Odelein

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 12:26 PM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...66&hubName=nhl

The Nashville Predators are believed to be among a handful of teams who would interested in the 6-foot, 206-pound defenceman who would become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Old
03-02-2004, 02:07 AM
blitzkriegs

and MM better get involved in that "parting" because he fits the bill for NYI needs:

(1) cost efficient for salary and trade compensation
(2) serviceable 5/6 man
(3) abundance of playoff experience
(4) Stanley Cup winner
(5) UFA after the season

Old
03-02-2004, 03:35 AM
Trottier
Very Random

I'd go as high as offering a 3rd rounder straight up.

His toughness in his own end and experience would make NYI a better team come playoff time. A "differencemaker" by himself? No. But, limited as Odelein is, he possesses assets that currently NYI lacks.

Old
03-02-2004, 09:25 AM
jjricco8

This is a tough one becuase Odeline is one of those players I have grown to hate over the years. Like Fleury, Tucker hate. He gets under my skin and I don't want to pull for him. But if it makes the team better, I guess I will try.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
I'd go as high as offering a 3rd rounder straight up.

His toughness in his own end and experience would make NYI a better team come playoff time. A "differencemaker" by himself? No. But, limited as Odelein is, he possesses assets that currently NYI lacks.

A 3rd rounder? Done! I've been hoping the Cats get that much, and yes, Odelein would be worth it. The guy oozes character.

Old
03-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Big Game

Bob McKenzie on tsn.ca reports on several Dmen that may be potentially dealt. One of which is Atlanta's Ivan Majesky. What do Isles fans think of him as a possibility?

At 6'5" 230lbs with a right handed shot, I think he would be worth a gamble. Whenever I've seen him play he has been solid physically and shown a decent skating stride. Similar to Kubina with out offense. He is still pretty raw, but I think he would be an improvement over the Isles 5-7 dmen. Hopefully, his game could be elevated by playing with one of the Isles top 4. You never know?

Of course, I would still like to acquire Odelein aswell.

Jonsson-Aucoin
Ninnima-Odelein
Hamrlik-Majesky

ex. Martinek/Cairns/Butenschon

I kind of like that mix. Hopefully, Odelein's presence could settle Ninnima down some. Maybe Hamrlik and Majesky (Czech/Slovak) can develop some chemistry. If not the Isles still have what they have now in Martinek and Cairns to fill in.

Closed Thread