HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Official Henrik Lundqvist Thread

Old
06-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Well, I guess that's just you. He proved himself here let him play here
Just to spell it out for you--I wouldn't lose any sleep over the Rangers letting Lundqvist sign a contract with another team and taking the 4 1st round draft choices.

Clear now?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 10:49 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Just to spell it out for you--I wouldn't lose any sleep over the Rangers letting Lundqvist sign a contract with another team and taking the 4 1st round draft choices.

Clear now?
You are in the minority then. Odds are we don't get a player of HL's ability out of 4 1st round choices.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You are in the minority then. Odds are we don't get a player of HL's ability out of 4 1st round choices.
Am I being so obtuse? I don't think losing Lundqvist to a RFA offer sheet is an issue. My only point for the last I don't know how many pages, is that Lundqvist's agent will not go into contract talks with the demand that Sather look at what the Stanley Cup winning goalie got as a UFA this year as a starting point to contract talks.

Get it?

Old
06-22-2007, 11:19 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Am I being so obtuse? I don't think losing Lundqvist to a RFA offer sheet is an issue. My only point for the last I don't know how many pages, is that Lundqvist's agent will not go into contract talks with the demand that Sather look at what the Stanley Cup winning goalie got as a UFA this year as a starting point to contract talks.

Get it?
Now I'm clear. Your previous post could be taken more than one way. Now I'm with you.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Now I'm clear. Your previous post could be taken more than one way. Now I'm with you.
No problem.

Old
06-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Smashley

I am a firm believer that Henrik should take up underwear modeling in the off season. (not like he needs the money, just to build up his fan base )

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I am a firm believer that Henrik should take up underwear modeling in the off season. (not like he needs the money, just to build up his fan base )
I guess nothing of it has to do with that you think he's hot?

Anyhow, according to Lundqvist's agent, Rangers have nothing to fear from the threat that other teams might give Lundqvist a bid as a RFA. Lundqvist wants to play in NYR and nowhere else. I think we're all kind of glad to hear that. So even if some team has the opportunity to throw $6+ million at him, he'll decline and pay for less in NYR.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06232007...rry_brooks.htm

And by the way, have you people watched the documentaries about the King and Shanny on the Rangers website? They were awesome.

Last edited by Chimp: 06-26-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I guess nothing of it has to do with that you think he's hot?

Anyhow, according to Lundqvist's agent, Rangers have nothing to fear from the threat that other teams might give Lundqvist a bid as a RFA. Lundqvist wants to play in NYR and nowhere else. I think we're all kind of glad to hear that. So even if some team has the opportunity to throw $6+ million at him, he'll decline and pay for less in NYR.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06232007...rry_brooks.htm

And by the way, have you people watched the documentaries about the King and Shanny on the Rangers website? They were awesome.
Well that certainly is good news. I didnt think we would see him go to another team, but it doesnt hurt to have this kind of reasurance either. As for the Shanny and Henrik videos that are pretty good, I have them on my DVR

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote