HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets vs Hurricanes (03.02.04)

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2004, 07:57 PM
HughJass*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Btw, this may be a bad spot to put this but here is some info on the Montreal trade rumor:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=57638

Zednik and Ryder (or Komisarek) for Oneill and Hill. I wonder how the deal will actually round out (picks, other players) when a trigger is pulled by the duelling Rutherford & Gainey. En garde!

Old
03-02-2004, 08:11 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Wow, boards are starting to slow down already. Evidently Washington are rumored to announce that they have traded Gonchar somewhere within the hour. With the bit of slow down I just got I would think that rumor is true.

Old
03-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Skydog

What a butt whooping put on the Canes by the Blue Jackets. They should have never come out of the dressing room.

Old
03-02-2004, 09:22 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodGundy
That was a sweet goal. I'm going to have to watch a couple more Jackets games. I'd be losing my mind about this one half a season ago. I've said it before Green, but in all of the bad teams we've watched, I don't ever remember being this frustrated.

It's one thing to look at your team before the season starts and know you are going to suck. The 'Canes have play-off talent in my opinion, but this is just not a good team. There is some horrible chemistry here and I wish I could put a finger on it.

I was being facetious before, but if you think back, the 'Canes worst games all year have been the ones that were important at the time. I was guilty of thinking that Mo was the problem. Like many others, I still thought he was a great coach, but that his message was lost on this group and that a change was needed. But I don't think any coach could have done any better with this group.
all good points, its no doubt been a tough season to watch. i also thought i might be mo, but now its looking like what we were saying earlier in the season about a big shake-up. its hard to argue against trading oneill after watching this game, he doesnt look interested and its obvious we need an overhaul after watching us get spanking by a team that needs the coach to buy them beer after the game.
you're right about the chemistry, and i think they just have to let go of the past anf really start over. im sure rutherford would have done more by now if anyone was offering enough. we'll see in the next week if there is something good on the table for them. should be interesting.

Old
03-02-2004, 10:08 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
as much as we need to "perform" to have a chance in the Ovechkin sweepstakes, I seriously think the refing all but gave the win to Columbus. If Tim Peel never refs a Canes game again I will be happy.

Old
03-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Staal, Cole, Williams and Svodaba (sp?) were outstanding, I thought. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them in person on Monday (along with any other young talent you guys might get between now and then).

I don't see way anyone would whine about the reffing. You'd think every fan would know by now that the refs screw over every team. Sure, they may have whistled that play dead alittle too fast near the end of the game, but they also missed an obivious highsticking from Boulerice to Ericksson just a few minutes beforehand. The Canes carried the play, I thought, but Denis stopped everything.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:25 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Staal, Cole, Williams and Svodaba (sp?) were outstanding, I thought. I'm very much looking forward to seeing them in person on Monday (along with any other young talent you guys might get between now and then).

I don't see way anyone would whine about the reffing. You'd think every fan would know by now that the refs screw over every team. Sure, they may have whistled that play dead alittle too fast near the end of the game, but they also missed an obivious highsticking from Boulerice to Ericksson just a few minutes beforehand. The Canes carried the play, I thought, but Denis stopped everything.
Accually, Jaro Svoboda was a scratch (injured again I think), might have been Vasicek you are thinking of, and he did have a monster of a game. Denis stoped everything he could get near and Nash is sick, just plain sick. For a guy that size to have that kind of speed is amazing.

As for the refs... I usually say that they suck both ways, though Tim Peel has done more then his share to make me think otherwise. the blown goal was the least of it as that's happened to us 3 other times this season that I have seen, and I'm sure it's happened to pretymuch every team just as often. I just have it out for Tim Peel because he refs so many Canes games and always sucks, I've felt this way ever since the game where Weekes got a concussion last year and nothing was called on it.

Old
03-03-2004, 04:12 AM
WoodGundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUCanesFan
As for the refs... I usually say that they suck both ways, though Tim Peel has done more then his share to make me think otherwise. the blown goal was the least of it as that's happened to us 3 other times this season that I have seen, and I'm sure it's happened to pretymuch every team just as often. I just have it out for Tim Peel because he refs so many Canes games and always sucks, I've felt this way ever since the game where Weekes got a concussion last year and nothing was called on it.
Settle down WVULeafsFan!

Old
03-03-2004, 07:02 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

[QUOTE=WVUCanesFan]Accually, Jaro Svoboda was a scratch (injured again I think), might have been Vasicek you are thinking of, and he did have a monster of a game. Denis stoped everything he could get near and Nash is sick, just plain sick. For a guy that size to have that kind of speed is amazing.

QUOTE]

Yes, it was Vasicek that I was thinking of, my bad. You guys have some young, BIG kids skating around out there. As the saying goes "You can't teach big".

Old
03-03-2004, 07:55 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan10
What a butt whooping put on the Canes by the Blue Jackets. They should have never come out of the dressing room.

I don't think they did. I was at the game and left after the second period. It was one of the worst games I have ever seen the 'canes play. The only bright spot was Weekes' save on the shorthanded breakaway in the second.

BTW anyone know how many double minors Francis has taken in his career? I wouldn't be surprised if last night's was the first.

Closed Thread