HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sanford and Kolnik?

Old
06-25-2007, 09:47 PM
northernKing

vCash: 500
Sanford and Kolnik?

I just saw that these guys were not qualified and they could help LA if they don't end up landing any big name UFA. Kolnik has top 6 skill and Sanford IMO has been a very underrated goalie the past few yrs. He pretty much kept St.L in many games two yrs ago and I think the only reason he was not qualified was because of the goalie glut their. Another name is Alex Auld. He played under Crawford and may not be a bad option. Mind you he did let LA score 7 goals last season.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Sanford is better than Auld. Sanford would be good in a tandem with LaBarbera on a one year if nothing else can get done in that department.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd take Kolnik if you could dump Willsie.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Tadite

No point running with yet another "maybe" goalie. Lets stick to the 3 we already got.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'd take Kolnik if you could dump Willsie.
Kolnik>>>Willsie

I'd take anything over Willsie.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 11:43 PM
RightKinger

Kolnik would be a good addition. He's quick, works hard, has a great shot, and provides energy. He can score 15 goals for you every year and while he's not an offensive forward really anymore, he's good enough to chip in from time to time on the 3rd line and has more of a scoring touch than any of our 3rd/4th line players (Willsie, Thonrton, Kostopoulos, etc..). People shoudln't expect Kolnik to break out. He has talent but he doesn't have the quickness and the agility to become a good top 6 player. He's got quick hands, a good shot and great attitude, but the elusiveness isn't there and that's keeping him from being a top 2 line player in the NHL and it's not something I believe he's going to be able to change about his game. I woudn't mind it if the Kings signed him to play on the 3rd/4th line.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 02:15 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
Kolnik would be a good addition. He's quick, works hard, has a great shot, and provides energy. He can score 15 goals for you every year and while he's not an offensive forward really anymore, he's good enough to chip in from time to time on the 3rd line and has more of a scoring touch than any of our 3rd/4th line players (Willsie, Thonrton, Kostopoulos, etc..). People shoudln't expect Kolnik to break out. He has talent but he doesn't have the quickness and the agility to become a good top 6 player. He's got quick hands, a good shot and great attitude, but the elusiveness isn't there and that's keeping him from being a top 2 line player in the NHL and it's not something I believe he's going to be able to change about his game. I woudn't mind it if the Kings signed him to play on the 3rd/4th line.
Sounds like a younger Derek Armstrong with some minor differences.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Primakov!

Here's another name to consider: Michel Ouellet

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200

(2005-2006) 50 Games: 16 Goals - 16 Assists
(2006-2007) 73 Games: 19 Goals - 29 Assists

Penguins leave Ouellet off list

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:56 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
actually... in that article, it is interesting to note that the Pens are cutting ties with Nils Ekman, who is absolutely an offensive forward who could add second tier scoring to this team. The guy had an injury riddled season, and was an odd-man out in Pittsburgh, but his two 20+ goal/50+ point seasons with the Sharks in 03-04, and 05-06 makes him one of those "if the price is right" kinda guys. I'm sure he'd be a more interesting option than some of the crap that the Kings have thrown out there praying for a goal from the less gifted offensive players...

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote