HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My thoughts on Milbury

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Brain Hemorrhage

vCash: 500
My thoughts on Milbury

I think he took it on the chin for dealing Luongo simply because he's a young player. There have been FAR WORSE deals in the NHL. Here is an example:

Blues acquire Keith Tkachuk for... get this... Jeff Taffe, Ladislav Nagy, 1st rnd pick in 2001 (used to select power forward prospect Ben Eager, traded to Philadelphia to get Comrie), _AND_ Michal Handzus.

Taffe is playing extremely well despite the fact Bobby in PHO tends to bury young players. Nagy was going to score 30 goals this year until he broke his leg. Eager fetched Comrie. Handzus was traded... for why, I still dont understand.

Old
03-03-2004, 10:15 AM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
I think he took it on the chin for dealing Luongo simply because he's a young player. There have been FAR WORSE deals in the NHL. Here is an example:

Blues acquire Keith Tkachuk for... get this... Jeff Taffe, Ladislav Nagy, 1st rnd pick in 2001 (used to select power forward prospect Ben Eager, traded to Philadelphia to get Comrie), _AND_ Michal Handzus.

Taffe is playing extremely well despite the fact Bobby in PHO tends to bury young players. Nagy was going to score 30 goals this year until he broke his leg. Eager fetched Comrie. Handzus was traded... for why, I still dont understand.
This was four years ago and longer now. It has nothing to do with 2004.

He took it on the chin because he gave up a player who everyone in hockey felt was a franchise goaltender, the kind who comes along once a decade and would be one of the two or three best goaltnders for a long time in the league. So far nothing has happened to change that perception of Luongo regardless of what DiPietro does.

But there is nothing that can be done, it's over and the Isles have to hope DiPietro can live up to his expectations.

Closed Thread