HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

McCauley buyout!

Old
06-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Osprey

vCash: 500
At least Brown is a marginally good NHLer who is still improving. That constitutes a successful pick, IMO. In hindsight, I would've taken a dozen other players instead, as well, but I can't complain about the pick. He's worked out well enough as a selection... and, coming from me, that's saying something, since I've never been all that high on him.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
At least Brown is a marginally good NHLer who is still improving. That constitutes a successful pick, IMO. In hindsight, I would've taken a dozen other players instead, as well, but I can't complain about the pick. He's worked out well enough as a selection... and, coming from me, that's saying something, since I've never been all that high on him.
I agree, that's why I was careful to say that I don't mean to knock Brown as a player, but the wisdom of picking him where they did.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:46 AM
RangerFan_48

So maybe this means Jamie Lundmark could get the third line (of course, if he get's a qualifying offer) When will we know?

RangerFan_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan_48 View Post
So maybe this means Jamie Lundmark could get the third line (of course, if he get's a qualifying offer) When will we know?
Probably not, Kopitar #1, UFA signee will probably be a #2 center, then Armstrong at #3 and Lundmark as the 4th line center...

Johnny Utah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 12:24 PM
King Blazer

Lundmark plays on the wing as well...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Aucoin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm sorry but I'm of the opinion that one of Visnovsky or Cammalleri or maybe Frolov, will be traded at some point in the future. 660k for 4 seasons is like paying an enforcer and never playing him. Jesus you guys are overreacting.
Thats exactly what I was thinking.

I'm a big Islander fan and as soon as I heard you guys had bought him out I started to see him as the Islanders 3rd line center. Is his knee worse than being reported? Is it career ending or did Lombardi just realize he didnt want McCauley taking up 2 million on the cap?

For < $1 million I would love to have him on Long Island.

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3 View Post
a big Islander fan and as soon as I heard you guys had bought him out I started to see him as the Islanders 3rd line center. Is his knee worse than being reported? Is it career ending or did Lombardi just realize he didnt want McCauley taking up 2 million on the cap?
His knee never fully recovered from last Summer's surgery. It's a safe assumption that it still hasn't recovered, or else he wouldn't have been bought out. I would abandon all dreams of signing him. He'll probably not sign with anyone and sit out the whole season, trying to heal again. If no progress is made, he'll probably retire. I tell you, free agents aren't going to want to sign with L.A. when they have a track record that includes prematurely ending the careers of Deadmarsh, V. Bure and McCauley (not to mention almost ending Allison's)

Old
06-26-2007, 04:16 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
osprey, doesn't (wouldn't) he have to be healthy in order to be bought out?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
His knee never fully recovered from last Summer's surgery. It's a safe assumption that it still hasn't recovered, or else he wouldn't have been bought out. I would abandon all dreams of signing him. He'll probably not sign with anyone and sit out the whole season, trying to heal again. If no progress is made, he'll probably retire. I tell you, free agents aren't going to want to sign with L.A. when they have a track record that includes prematurely ending the careers of Deadmarsh, V. Bure and McCauley (not to mention almost ending Allison's)
Wasn't it the second surgery and trying to rehab that, which ultimately knocked him out for the season? From what I remember, he had one injury repaired then began rehab only to find the knee swelling up when he tried to exert himself. They checked it again then found a second injury that was either behind the knee or behind the kneecap that had to be repaired so he was cut open again.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
osprey, doesn't (wouldn't) he have to be healthy in order to be bought out?
I've heard the same thing and am not sure, but I'm guessing that he's healthy enough to be bought out, just not healthy enough for Lombardi to have confidence in his being an asset to the team this year. If he were 100% and as strong as an ox, Lombardi would've loved to have him on the team, I'm sure.