HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings announce qualifying offers

Old
06-26-2007, 08:15 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Reading his profile (even though most of those profiles are very positive, regardless of the player's ranking), it seems like Gauthier would be an ideal option for the 4th line C.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Moulson earned a spot in training camp; he seems to have some solid upside and, if I recall, he was one of the final cuts in his first Kings camp last season.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:19 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Do you realize how difficult it is for the Kings to find players who succeed on this team's bottom two lines? Lundmark was one of the few in the last few years to manage it, since he had great speed, good attitude, decent defense, decent scoring and the willingness to drop the gloves. Now that the team finally found a player like that who actually fits in well with the team and works out, they just let him go for nothing. That's why people are scratching their heads.

Only message board geeks are scratching their heads. Professional hockey people have long since given Jamie Lundmark about a season and a half to slip back into bad habits and work ethic. Perhaps the Kings were cutting their losses early?

P.S. you DO realize you're whining about a CENTER who had TWO assists in TWENTY NINE games... right? OK, just checking.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Moulson earned a spot in training camp; he seems to have some solid upside and, if I recall, he was one of the final cuts in his first Kings camp last season.
I was surprised Moulson didn't get a cup of coffee with the Kings last season. He played well for the Monarchs...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:47 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
I was surprised Moulson didn't get a cup of coffee with the Kings last season. He played well for the Monarchs...
Yeah, at least Coffey had a Molsons with the Kings...

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoSoupy View Post
Yeah, at least Coffey had a Molsons with the Kings...
Don't quit your day job

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Captain Ron

I think this is just more evidence that Lombardi is not maximizing value. He traded Conroy for Lundmark, a 4th round pick in 2007 (Dwight King) and a 2nd round pick in 2008. Now that Lundamark is leaving for nothing the Conroy trade was for Dwight King and a 2nd round pick. If that trade proposal was made last year most people would have laughed their butts off. I am sure that Lombardi could have traded Lundmark for something????

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoSoupy View Post
P.S. you DO realize you're whining about a CENTER who had TWO assists in TWENTY NINE games... right? OK, just checking.
I was disagreeing intelligently, but if it's easier for you to discount what I say by exaggerating, go right ahead; just don't be surprised if I turn it back on you the next time that you disagree with a team decision.

Last edited by Osprey: 06-27-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Lundmark was just a throw in, as already mentioned. They just needed a live body to fill a roster spot for the time being, that is all. That trade was a salary dump and a favor for Conroy, who was VERY disappointing this season with the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Lundmark was just a throw in, as already mentioned. They just needed a live body to fill a roster spot for the time being, that is all. That trade was a salary dump and a favor for Conroy, who was VERY disappointing this season with the Kings.
But if they did not get Lundmark then perhaps the deal would have been Conroy for a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick????Which is better than what the Kings have now. Also I am sure that Lombardi could have gotten something for Lundmark......even if it was a 7th round pick. That is better than nothing because there is always a slight chance that a 7th round pick could make the NHL.

Old
06-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
... there is always a slight chance that a 7th round pick could make the NHL.
NO WAY !
........ the Highest scoring Left Wing in NHL History and a future HOF'er sure ok MAYBE,
but a regular NHL player NO WAY !!!

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Sure Jamie did everything he was asked for when he was here, but am I ******** that he's leaving? Nope. We'll either upgrade that position in free agency, or promote one of the kids to that spot. Either option is fine by me.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Lundmark was going to be too pricey for a fourth line center, and I think they're reserving that position for someone within the system (Trevor Lewis or Brian Boyle are possibilities).

And as stated, they now have a position open to make a significant addition at center to go along with Kopitar and Armstrong.
Lundmark's cap hit last season was $575k.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Sure Jamie did everything he was asked for when he was here, but am I ******** that he's leaving? Nope. We'll either upgrade that position in free agency, or promote one of the kids to that spot. Either option is fine by me.
At first I thought this was a typo, then I thought it referred to, well, um, something else that happens to still be illegal in several counties in Alabama... But lo and behold, it's a word:

An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor."
sentance - "Adam got ******** when Mike stole his lady."

I learned two things today:
  • That Squid has stashed multiple "bad asset managment" cards up every sleeve of his zoot suit and will throw one down at every Kings transaction this year.
  • What "********" actually means.

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball View Post
That Squid has stashed multiple "bad asset managment" cards up every sleeve of his zoot suit and will throw one down at every Kings transaction this year.
No....just the bad ones.

Old
06-26-2007, 11:10 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I really thought Lundmark deserved another season with the Kings. He really stepped it up when we brought him over.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball View Post
At first I thought this was a typo, then I thought it referred to, well, um, something else that happens to still be illegal in several counties in Alabama... But lo and behold, it's a word:

An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor."
sentance - "Adam got ******** when Mike stole his lady."

I learned two things today:
  • That Squid has stashed multiple "bad asset managment" cards up every sleeve of his zoot suit and will throw one down at every Kings transaction this year.
  • What "********" actually means.
HF Boards, where true knowledge is shared, and Habs prospects are overrated.

Old
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
We need more lunchpail players. This doesn't hurt a bit.

Maybe DL saw a problem with putting Jamie on the 4th line from his attitude when with Crawford, or was told by Crawford that Lundmark did not respond well to moving down in the pecking order. Who knows.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
HF Boards, where true knowledge is shared, and Habs prospects are overrated.
Ryder, Streit and Halak for Cammalleri, indeed!

Old
06-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Ryder, Streit and Halak for Cammalleri, indeed!
Halak is a decent start, but the rest is crap.

Old
06-27-2007, 12:35 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Halak is a decent start, but the rest is crap.
Ryder is a solid top-sixer who's not afraid to get his nose dirty. The problem with the deal for me is that, while is may even out on a 3= 1+1+1 basis, at the end of it, the Kings are diminishing the quality of their core; I'd rather keep the 3 than sprinkle three 1's throughout the roster.

Old
06-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
But if they did not get Lundmark then perhaps the deal would have been Conroy for a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick????
Or the deal may not have happened at all because Calgary needed to get rid of a body and the cap hit in order to do it. I don't suppose that that supports your "Lombardi is a poor asset manager" agenda, though, huh?

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:24 AM
KingPuckChoo

Hi u guys , i'm new here...but been a LA KING fan since 1990. and get this... I live in Montreal ! so imagine how it must have hurt losing in '93 !!! anyways i was dying to find a site like this with devoted kings fans to share the many years of pain together...

now...i just wanted to say that Lundmark should go ! good job DL...

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Or the deal may not have happened at all because Calgary needed to get rid of a body and the cap hit in order to do it. I don't suppose that that supports your "Lombardi is a poor asset manager" agenda, though, huh?
Possibly....but when you saw what many medicre players were traded for at the deadline last season it is hard for me to believe that the Flames told Lombardi that he had better take Lundmark or the deal was off. I believe that Lombardi told them that he wanted a "servicable" player in return and that Lundmark fit the bill. But if I was Lombardi I would have either asked for someone who might be with the team for more than 3 months....or asked for two 2nd round picks in the deal.....But hey, that is just me.

Old
06-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Ryder is a solid top-sixer who's not afraid to get his nose dirty. The problem with the deal for me is that, while is may even out on a 3= 1+1+1 basis, at the end of it, the Kings are diminishing the quality of their core; I'd rather keep the 3 than sprinkle three 1's throughout the roster.
Exactly, I actually like Ryder, but at the price of downgrading from Cammalleri, no thanks.

Old
06-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

I really don't mind losing Lundmark as long as Cammy gets what he rightfully deserves in arbitration.

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote