HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds Sale Thread

Old
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
I dont see how this is a big problem. If he wants to completely destroy attendance he can just make ticket prices absurd and gut the team as much as possible. If the city then buys tickets to get the attendence up he still wins because he gets money.
he can't gut the team much more. the salary floor prevents that. any moves now will be to add. and he can't make prices "absurd," because season tickets, where the meat of attendance comes from, are locked in.

Also, you're talking like Leipold is scheming to move the team to Hamilton. That's JB's bag, not Leipold's. There's enough legal boiling going on that I doubt Leipold wants to bring "bad faith" into all of this.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I doubt Leipold wants to bring anymore bad faith into all of this.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
sluggo*

Quote:
he can't gut the team much more. the salary floor prevents that. any moves now will be to add. and he can't make prices "absurd," because season tickets, where the meat of attendance comes from, are locked in.

Also, you're talking like Leipold is scheming to move the team to Hamilton. That's JB's bag, not Leipold's. There's enough legal boiling going on that I doubt Leipold wants to bring "bad faith" into all of this.
Of couse he can gut the team more, depending on who he brings in.Lets say they moved Zidlicky for Rob Blake (which I don't think would be a horrible move, they aren't going for it now, bring in a veteran like that to play with Suter and Weber etc...). They just gutted the team alittle more and added 4.85 million to the cap hit.

I do think Leipold is trying to make the easier to move, thus making it a more attractive purchase.

sluggo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 02:29 AM
bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
McKenzie said the wording of the initial report was misleading. The deal isn't off. From what Bobbie Mac said, sounds like Leipold wants to speed up the selling process to Balsillie and complete the binding agreement, or else he will sell it to KC.
Finally someone with knowledge makes a post in here. The deal isn't totally off. and KC said they will not be bidding on Nashville. The worst thing happened for them, instead of Balsillie buying the team and putting a WINNER on the ice, Leopold still has it and wants nothing to do with it and is now going to put a loser on the ice. Atleast with Balsillie you get a winner and a chance to stay, with Leopold you get a loser, with a chance to stay.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:00 AM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullocks View Post
Finally someone with knowledge makes a post in here. The deal isn't totally off. and KC said they will not be bidding on Nashville. The worst thing happened for them, instead of Balsillie buying the team and putting a WINNER on the ice, Leopold still has it and wants nothing to do with it and is now going to put a loser on the ice. Atleast with Balsillie you get a winner and a chance to stay, with Leopold you get a loser, with a chance to stay.
There is reason to speculate that Balsillie has not yet put forth a binding agreement because of the roadblocks thrown up by the league and the city to keep this team in Nashville.

If you believe that Balsillie has any long term intentions of keeping the team in Nashville, then I can give you a real good deal on some beachfront property in Tennessee.

Last edited by preddevil: 06-27-2007 at 08:09 AM.
preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 09:37 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by preddevil View Post
There is reason to speculate that Balsillie has not yet put forth a binding agreement because of the roadblocks thrown up by the league and the city to keep this team in Nashville.

If you believe that Balsillie has any long term intentions of keeping the team in Nashville, then I can give you a real good deal on some beachfront property in Tennessee.
I think what the other poster was saying is that Nashville is losing their team no matter what. The fact that the purchase of this team has taken so long has resulted in a mediocre 07-08 team in what may be the last or second last season of the Nashville Predators. It's just adding insult to injury to be honest.

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:08 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I think what the other poster was saying is that Nashville is losing their team no matter what. The fact that the purchase of this team has taken so long has resulted in a mediocre 07-08 team in what may be the last or second last season of the Nashville Predators. It's just adding insult to injury to be honest.
can you honestly say

kariya(likely) legwand erat
Sullivan Arnott Dumont
Radulov Fiddler Pihlstrom
Hordichuk Smithson Tootoo

Weber Hamhuis
Suter Zidlicky
Zanon Klein

is a "mediocre" lineup? It's still one of the best top sixes in the west, and a rock solid defense core. Mason was BETTER than Vokoun last year...and trading him lets us keep Kariya. Leipold might not have envisioned this being a good team this year when he threw his tantrum, but he can't stop it, either.

Old
06-27-2007, 10:21 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Mediocre obviously wasn't the right word but the deal is severely hampering any attempts to improve what they already have.

Old
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Mediocre obviously wasn't the right word but the deal is severely hampering any attempts to improve what they already have.
If we have to ice a team of this quality in order to keep a team here...it's fine by me.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:57 AM
preddevil

Quote:
Bullock said, in part,

Quote:
...At least with Balsillie you get a winner and a chance to stay, with Leopold you get a loser, with a chance to stay.
I don't see how you get that "Nashville is losing their team no matter what", from this statement. Please enlighten me.

Old
06-27-2007, 12:25 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Bullock said, in part,

I don't see how you get that "Nashville is losing their team no matter what", from this statement. Please enlighten me.
Where else would they be staying? Certainly not in Nashville aside from this year and maybe next, which was what I was assuming.

Old
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Where else would they be staying? Certainly not in Nashville aside from this year and maybe next, which was what I was assuming.
If they stay next year, they'll be here for a while longer, because it means that the required attendance numbers were met. Nothing Balsillie can do about that...and you're not in Nashville, so I don't think you realize how good the chances are that the numbers WILL be met.

Old
06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Typical uneducated response....

Obviously, you are dead set on a Preds' departure with no if's, and's, or but's....

It is possible, sure, but there is no reason to assume they are gone yet.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
preddevil

Quote:
I wasn't asking you what you were assuming about the team's situation. I was asking you how you could reach the conclusion that Bullock thinks that the Preds are leaving no matter what, when nothing in his/her post says or implies that. If you wish to evade the question, then there is nothing more for us to talk about.

Once again, this is what Bullock said,

Quote:
Atleast with Balsillie you get a winner and a chance to stay, with Leopold you get a loser, with a chance to stay.

Old
06-27-2007, 01:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I wasn't asking you what you were assuming about the team's situation. I was asking you how you could reach the conclusion that Bullock thinks that the Preds are leaving no matter what, when nothing in his/her post says or implies that. If you wish to evade the question, then there is nothing more for us to talk about.

Once again, this is what Bullock said,
Right. Bullock said, in my interpretation...

"Either way, the team is in the same situation...14K to stay...but at least with Balsillie, the payroll situation would be different"

We don't know that for sure, though.

Old
06-27-2007, 03:58 PM
bullocks

Quote:

obviously he doesn't want to keep the team in Nashville, not sure if i can blame him. there were no road blocks thrown up by the league, leopold just backed out because the transaction wasn't going through smoothly. as stated before, it is not done however. it's not gonna be a bright season in nashville. i almost feel sorry for you guys. truth is tho for a coupal years leopold has been saying u guys gotta step it up and havnt, like i said before.

Last edited by bullocks: 06-27-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old
06-27-2007, 04:02 PM
bullocks

Quote:
Right. Bullock said, in my interpretation...

"Either way, the team is in the same situation...14K to stay...but at least with Balsillie, the payroll situation would be different"

We don't know that for sure, though.
leopold told poille to make sure the teams at the minimum salary cap. balsille already said b4 if he got the team he'd be at the max, and going for the cup. although, in the back on his mind he does want to move the team.

Old
06-27-2007, 04:08 PM
bullocks

Quote:
can you honestly say

kariya(likely) legwand erat
Sullivan Arnott Dumont
Radulov Fiddler Pihlstrom
Hordichuk Smithson Tootoo

Weber Hamhuis
Suter Zidlicky
Zanon Klein

is a "mediocre" lineup? It's still one of the best top sixes in the west, and a rock solid defense core. Mason was BETTER than Vokoun last year...and trading him lets us keep Kariya. Leipold might not have envisioned this being a good team this year when he threw his tantrum, but he can't stop it, either.
i personally think u guys will still make the playoffs...but as a #7, #8 seed. i don't think u will be a contender tho, losing vokoun, timmonen, hartnell, and possibly kariya and probably forsberg, i just cant fathom that.

Old
06-27-2007, 04:09 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
leopold told poille to make sure the teams at the minimum salary cap. balsille already said b4 if he got the team he'd be at the max, and going for the cup. although, in the back on his mind he does want to move the team.
Balsillie said no such thing. His mouthpiece Rodier did, and it was likely a PR move. I doubt that JB would do any such thing...as long as the team was in Nashville. It's in his best interest that the team be BAD. At least right now, it's still a good team.

Old
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
obviously he doesn't want to keep the team in Nashville, not sure if i can blame him. there were no road blocks thrown up by the league, leopold just backed out because the transaction wasn't going through smoothly. as stated before, it is not done however. it's not gonna be a bright season in nashville. i almost feel sorry for you guys. truth is tho for a coupal years leopold has been saying u guys gotta step it up and havnt, like i said before.
I think you've mistaken us as someone who gives a crap about your thoughts about whether or not the team should move.

Also, if you are going to thrown names around acting like you know all about our situation, you should at least spell our owners name right.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I think you've mistaken us as someone who gives a crap about your thoughts about whether or not the team should move.

Also, if you are going to thrown names around acting like you know all about our situation, you should at least spell our owners name right.
can't handle the truth can ya? that's too bad.

Old
06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
bullocks

Quote:
Balsillie said no such thing. His mouthpiece Rodier did, and it was likely a PR move. I doubt that JB would do any such thing...as long as the team was in Nashville. It's in his best interest that the team be BAD. At least right now, it's still a good team.
Yah but i doubt Balsillie would gut the team then everyone would know what his intentions were. Either way i guess he made his intentions quite clear about moving the team to Hamilton. I guess it's now up to the fans.

Old
06-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
can't handle the truth can ya? that's too bad.
Your opinion is truth now?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Chileiceman

I really hope you guys manage to stay in Nashville. A team in Hamilton will fail miserably. It isn't going to attract any new fans, because everyone there already is a hockey fan and has been thorughly exposed to the sport (and those who aren't, it is because they truly dont like the sport), and already have a favorite team. Leaf fans are incredibly loyal, so I'm guessing not many will jump on the new team on the bolck's bandwagon.

Whereas Nashville (especially now that there is a good team) can only grow in popularity attracting new hockey fans. I'm guessing most Pred fans are relatively new hockey fans, something that will not happen anywhere in Canada.

Just my 2 cents. Balsillie is a thief.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
i almost feel sorry for you guys.
Oh, gee, thanks!!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote