HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boynton or Stuart

Old
06-26-2007, 02:22 PM
RightKinger

vCash: 500
Roman Hamrlik doesn't get too much attention around here but he would also be a good option. He does make the occasional blunder in his own zone but he is exactly what the Kings need. He is experienced and he plays a physical two way game. He is a good skater for his size and he probably wouldn't cost as much as some of the other defensemen. He plays on the PP (7G, 31A) and he has a good point shot. He adds grit and size to the blueline. His playoff stats aren't really where you would want them to be but they aren't horrible either.

Hannan would be ok but I didn't really like what I saw from him in the playoffs and he is basically another Norstrom. I would also try to sign a bottom pairing defenseman and Ossi Vaananen would be one of my top choices especially if we don't resign Miller. He is still pretty young (26), he has good size (6-4, 215) and he is physical. He is solid in his own end and he is pretty good at moving the puck. How would this defense look -

Visnovsky-Hamrlik
Johnson-Blake
Vaananen-Miller

Last edited by RightKinger: 06-26-2007 at 02:41 PM.
RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:51 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I would rather sign Hamrlik or Schneider to 2 year deals than Boynton or Stuart to 4 year deals which is what they will probably get. If you are going to pay free agents you need to know exactly what you're going to get out of them. You know what you were getting when Lombardi signed Thornton and Blake. With McCauley & Wilsie they had questions surrounding them and neither helped the team. I don't buy the hype on either Boynton or Stuart but I do find it funny how these 2 guys have, for some reason, become the front runners for UFA dmen this summer. It's almost like if King fans say something enough it becomes fact.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Stuart, easily. He's better offensively, very good defensively and his wife (I believe I read) is from California. Make his wife happy and maybe some of his inconsistencies go away?

Ridiculously talented. Hannan's not overrated yet, but come July 1st he will be.

Pure Slaughter Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
koncepts

Send a message via Yahoo to koncepts
looks like we might get boynton for free

koncepts is offline   Reply With Quote