HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Rachunek?

Old
06-26-2007, 10:59 AM
treason47

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to treason47
Rachunek?

We shoould sign Rachunek. Solid defenceman and he wouldn't be too expensive. Not as expensive as your Sourays. Rachunek can play as a top four d-man well. I don't know why but this seems like a no brainer to me. (If I was GM)

treason47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
funky

At this point he is not a top 4 d man. I watched him in NY all year via TV and he seemed to become a whipping boy on their message board, although I don't agree he deserved most of it. If you could get him in the 1 to 1.5 mil a year range to be your #5 I would take the chance. Still young, big and can skate. I would like the signing.

funky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Heske_44

1.5 to 2 mill is a good deal for Christmas Karel.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:01 PM
treason47

Send a message via AIM to treason47
Rachunek and/or Boynton that should solidify defence (including Visnovsky of course...always)

Johnson-Blake
Visnovsky-Boynton
Petiot/Harrold/Heward-Rachunek

treason47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:44 PM
funky

as funny as it sounds I would be willing to do just Boyton and Rachunek. It costs us nothing prospect wise/ asset wise and both contracts are going to be very managable compaired to what the UFA's are going to sign for this year.

Boyton has 2 years left at 2.9 mil cap hit. Play him as #4 with Visnovsky as a #3 giving Vis a boatload of PP time to up his minutes play.

Rachunek should be had in the 1.5 mil range and would make a great #5 to pair with a rook such as Piskula. Offer him a 1 or 2 year contract.

Next year salary structures should stay the same as Visnovsky and Blake should reverse salaries, JJ and Piskula should be on rookie contracts.

Either way, until we invest in a proper goalie does it really matter who we put in front of them.

funky is online now   Reply With Quote