HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

anasar khan speculating on signings

Old
06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
TRIARII*

vCash: 500
anasar khan speculating on signings

link =

http://blog.mlive.com/redwingsinsider/

TRIARII* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:48 PM
WingMachine91

ehh, i dont even want smyth. we have holmstrom, who is the next best thing. better sign schnied, bertuzzi, hasek, and slava kozlov. that will leave plenty of cap room for a trade or even if the cap drops next year. it would be really stupid for the red wings to sign smyth. he is not a neccesity to this team. he would only be a luxary and at 6 mill. ill pass

WingMachine91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:13 PM
bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingMachine91 View Post
ehh, i dont even want smyth. we have holmstrom, who is the next best thing. better sign schnied, bertuzzi, hasek, and slava kozlov. that will leave plenty of cap room for a trade or even if the cap drops next year. it would be really stupid for the red wings to sign smyth. he is not a neccesity to this team. he would only be a luxary and at 6 mill. ill pass

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:13 PM
bullocks

the caps going to be between 48-50 mill first of all. 52 mill is wishfull thinking.

Old
06-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Fugu

vCash:
The cap will most likely end up between $50.5-50.9 MM. The NHLPA will vote on this tomorrow, with $48 MM being the number IF the NHLPA declines to remove an automatic 5% growth factor.

Almost $51 MM is a very realistic number.

Old
06-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Khan is also too optimistic with his figures. He estimates on the low end for some of the players, but then neglects to include player bonuses. Didn't Chelios essentially sign the same deal? Dom may sign for $2.5 MM base... what about the incentives part?

Old
06-27-2007, 11:27 PM
bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Khan is also too optimistic with his figures. He estimates on the low end for some of the players, but then neglects to include player bonuses. Didn't Chelios essentially sign the same deal? Dom may sign for $2.5 MM base... what about the incentives part?
incentives count against the cap the following year. if they will have around $14 mill to operate with like he said, then we should have enough money to sign hasek, bertuzzi, markov, and schneider, shouldnt we?

Hasek - $2.5
Schneider - $5
Markov - $3.25
Bertuzzi - $2.5

Old
06-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullocks View Post
incentives count against the cap the following year. if they will have around $14 mill to operate with like he said, then we should have enough money to sign hasek, bertuzzi, markov, and schneider, shouldnt we?

Hasek - $2.5
Schneider - $5
Markov - $3.25
Bertuzzi - $2.5

I don't think his numbers include the incentives. Chelios (IF he has the same deal) would get another $300K, first of all. What I read earlier seemed to indicate Dom's base would be $2.5 MM with reg. season and playoff incentives potentially to perhaps another $1 MM. Obviously this is all conjecture at this point.

The number reported that Bert's agent wanted was $3 MM for 3 yrs. Holland wanted a 1 yr + bonuses.... Most numbers floated (again how accurate these are, who knows?) looked like $2.5 MM - 3 MM and maybe bonuses. Bert has been the least covered.

I know Holland has said he hopes to get Matt for under his free market value of perhaps $5.2 MM. So maybe he's hoping for $4.5 MM. After meeting Matt's agent, Holland said all the guys wanted more money than he expected. Doesn't really sound like Matt would be available at $4.5 MM...

Old
06-27-2007, 11:43 PM
bullocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I don't think his numbers include the incentives. Chelios (IF he has the same deal) would get another $300K, first of all. What I read earlier seemed to indicate Dom's base would be $2.5 MM with reg. season and playoff incentives potentially to perhaps another $1 MM. Obviously this is all conjecture at this point.

The number reported that Bert's agent wanted was $3 MM for 3 yrs. Holland wanted a 1 yr + bonuses.... Most numbers floated (again how accurate these are, who knows?) looked like $2.5 MM - 3 MM and maybe bonuses. Bert has been the least covered.

I know Holland has said he hopes to get Matt for under his free market value of perhaps $5.2 MM. So maybe he's hoping for $4.5 MM. After meeting Matt's agent, Holland said all the guys wanted more money than he expected. Doesn't really sound like Matt would be available at $4.5 MM...
yah but the 300k doesn't count against the cap for this seasoon. same with dom's bonuses as well. i heard we got $10 mill to play with, he's saying $14. bert can blow me for $3 mill for 3 years. he deserves just over $2 mill at the MAX. i don't think we'll get schneider for $4.5 either, looks like he got greedy, funny how that works. if he wants anymore then $5 mill he can blow me as well.

Old
06-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
yah but the 300k doesn't count against the cap for this seasoon. same with dom's bonuses as well. i heard we got $10 mill to play with, he's saying $14. bert can blow me for $3 mill for 3 years. he deserves just over $2 mill at the MAX. i don't think we'll get schneider for $4.5 either, looks like he got greedy, funny how that works. if he wants anymore then $5 mill he can blow me as well.

The bonuses for next year DO show up on the cap hit, and at no time can a team exceed the cap.... until the bonus can no longer be earned OR until it is deferred, you have to count it. The treatment of playoff bonuses isn't very clearly addressed in the CBA and deferment took a bunch of HF CBA experts by surprise. I know because I argued with all of them (yup, all two of them...) because when Kenny signed Dom last year, he made a big deal about Dom accepting playoff bonuses when Belfour would not. Belfour wanted regular season based bonuses. So I couldn't find anything that explained why that was significant. Only when the Satellite Hot Stove crowd chimed in leading up to the trade deadline did it become apparent that at some point a team or player can elect to defer any playoff bonuses... and thus exceed the cap. Along with LTI and playoff bonuses, they can only exceed by about 7.5 % (I think that's the right figure). As you know though, the playoff bonuses that do get paid out count against next year's cap IF the team ran out of cap space. The Wings did go over, but we don't know by how much so those of us who follow this are penciling in the full $1.2 MM for Dom and Cheli.

So...... any type of bonus does show up as a cap hit. The team has to be under the cap when the season starts. At some point during the year, the deferment is possible, creating additional cap space... but you don't get that until later, and you certainly don't get to start the season with it.

Old
06-28-2007, 07:08 AM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
Quote:
the caps going to be between 48-50 mill first of all. 52 mill is wishfull thinking.
Who said it would be $52M? Khan said 50-51.

pavel13 is offline   Reply With Quote