Here, this translation is far from perfect but hopefully it's understandable.
Originally Posted by http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,125785,00.html
Ouch, such an expensive victory
two new injuries - luckily the OG begins soon, Djurgården... Before the game against Färjestad Djurgården had five men on the injurylist. Afterwards the number was seven.
- So damn typical (doesn't translate very well). Me and a buddy was talking the night before about how good i've managed from getting injuries, says Niklas Kronwall, who thrashed his knee.
Last year it was HV71 and this year it's Djurgården and Brynäs that's had the biggest injuryproblems in elitserien. Five djurgården players was missing from the lineup before the heavyweight meet(?) against Färjestad and it would become even worse already in the first period. The Torpedo (read winger) Mikael "Musse" Håkansson was gonna make a tackle but missed and went into the boards with his head first. Result: a lighter nickinjury
"the knee snapped"
In the shift it was Kronwalls turn to leave the ice. He was gonna make a quick turn and got stuck with the skate. Result: a torn meniscus.
- I felt right away that the right kneee snapped and it hurt like hell. It was only to leave the ice, he says. (poor translation)
Kronwall was examined Djurgårdens doctor Bengt Gustafsson and the diognosis came quickly. The Meniscus is torn. 07.30 o'clock next morning i have to be at St Görans hospital. They aparently need to operate, says Kronwall with a light sigh.
Why did you talk?
Previous years he's suffered heavly from injuries, but this season Kronwall has played all the games.
- We shouldn't have talked about it, he says.
- Before the game me and a buddy talked about injuries and he said: "but how healthy you've gotten to be the whole season" (iffy translation). He said "peppar peppar" (sort of like knock on wood) afterwards, but now we know what it ment".
It could've been worse. If the operation goes successfully Niklas Kronwall will be back in a few weeks. When elitserien starts over after the OG (Olympic Games).
- Yeah, luckily it happened now and not in the playoffs.
In less than a week Djurgården has won twice over the favorite of the series Färjestad the spell is broken.
- They won all the games in the beginning of the series, but now we have a psychological advantage over them going into the end of the series, says Kronwall.
The swedish champions are beggining to find the championship form. Despite all the injuries.
Then it's just a list of all the injured players in the club and their status.
Sources tell Dalarnas Tidningar that Leksand has been in talks with him. He's currently sitting with a contract and was a constant feature on Calgary's second line last season (where did they get that from?). He was also one of the team's top PKers.
In short... it says that Forsberg, who had planed to play with the Swedish national team this coming weekend, aborted the today’s practice with the national team and went back home again. He's foot wasn't as good as he had thought. He says he has never been this close to the end of his career and that he don't think he will play any more this season.
We do, yes. If the game is tied after 60 minutes there is a five minute 4 on 4 OT. If no one score the game ends in a tie. We used to have a shootout too, but it was droped some years ago. The teams with players who were good at penalty shoots basically played off the OT and waited for the shootout which made the OT very boring. The points system got messed up though since there is one less point awarded in total if the game ends in a tie though (total of 2 points, all other scenarios gives 3 points).
Forsberg will be the second largest investor in a new airline Höga kusten flyg AB. 12 other "partners" (Näslund being one of them) and 9 corporations from the area. They want to be compete with Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) on the route Örnsköldsvik - Stockholm.